What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Titans

jeffdragon

Bench
I was at the game tonight and what a disgrace to witness-certainly not what i would ever expect from a team wearing the Red V. A few points-
We certainly seemed rudderless-no-one was running the team
Corey Norman is useless-i cant see why both McGregor and now Young cant see this
Despite what i read, to me Friz isnt busting the line anymore and i don't think that style of play works anymore.We seem to be the only team where you see any of our forwards running and you can tell from their style they have no intention of passing it, just running as hard as they can.Every time is see Junior Paulo doing second phase passing, i think why cant our forwards ever think of doing this
Tonight we were slow and seemed to be just going through the motions-the Titans were giving us very slow play the balls yet we were giving them very quick ones.
The Ref certainly didn't give us any help at all-the offside from them and slow play the balls went unpunished all night
Young now has the opportunity to blood all the new players-I don't think Norman, Merrin,Friz or Aitken should play again for us
Our back line play was pedestrian and by the time it got to Lomax, he had nowhere to go almost every time-we seemed to just pass it for the sake of passing it
Clune impresses me every week as do all our new forwards-i dont see why we have to look externally when we have such a depth of young guys coming through
Anyway-i got to yell at Perinara-the hopeless prick-at full time, but yelling at the team seemed pointless.Everyone around me at the ground just left in stunned silence-no-one wanted to be near the team. Luckily a few supporters gave it to them as they left the field-this team was a disgrace tonight and showed why we are where we are on the ladder.
I really couldnt believe the crap they dealt up tonight, but the supporters around me just seemed to accept it. I think the years of mediocrity have left us in a state where sometimes we just dont care anymore.
I was shattered to lose like this but maybe i expect too much from guys earning about 6-10 times what i earn a year. I assume like me they get up at 2.10am to go to work or maybe get home at 1am or maybe theyre just overpaid ,underperforming players with no clue what people in the real world are doing to earn a crust now. they certainly didnt seem to care tonight.
Im off to bed now-this one killed me

I usually never miss jubilee but with circumstances as they are atm I haven't been and also the team being where they are .
We were out of the finals race realistically after the first 4 games.
I too would have given them heaps after the game.
Why do we get perenara all the time?
I could hear the crowd booing for offside watching.
That's why we had no room to move.

possm

Coach
Agree frizzell is a battering ram with now ball skills whatsoever.
Young is a continuation of Mary with not noticeable difference in the way things are done and the way players are behaving.

I say, let all the coaching staff go and have the new coach bring in his own staff. Only in this way can he be held accountable for results. Like at many other clubs, the buck needs to stop at the head coach for on-field performance and the quality of the player squad.

slippery5

Juniors
I contend these players are useles and should not play again for us.
Rava- I know some of you out there think he is the world but he lacks the ability of defense reads. But more than often he is isolated in attacking raids and he takes the wrong decision. In addition his speed is suspect. Is he fast? The few times that he breaks the line he doesnt seem to be speedy.

Aitken- he seems content in staying back and letting them to come to him and hence he mis reads defence. In attack he rarely runs or hits the line. Looks like he cant wait to go to the warriers. The warriers this sends out a message that he would rather go to a place where its known that continuously under performs than us

Clune- there is a reason why he has not made it to NRL until late. Unfortunatey he cannot game manage and has no speed. It was on show last night with all that possession and no real penetration in attack.

Norman- What can I say about this player. So much talent that he possesses but left it in Brisbane several years ahgo. Useless- cant manage a game, cant take on the line, cant run and cant tackle useless with a capital U

Frizzel-looking forward to going to drug castle and taking the easy option now in both attack and defence.

Young- A coach that doesnt know much. Too much one dimensional. Doesnt know how to adjust team plans to the differant situations. Takes the soft options like mcidiot use to day in selecting poisitions based on securing 2 points rather on pure performance.
Clune, you hit the nail on the head re. No speed. Someone like Sullivan needs a crack but will never happen under this watch because they would contradict themselves. Panthers for example, got rid of Malony to give Jarome Luai a go, who is fast & elusive for example. Interesting to see him always included in team surroundings even taking him to Brisbane. It was funny listening to the Bronco fans giving it to him calling out his name thinking he was Tristan Sailor.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sullivan in for Clune. I agree Clune is not a long term option.
I was hoping that Clune would be the answer for our attack but not showing much signs of this at all lately. I know it affects other clubs as well but this bloomin' virus making no lower games being played just doesn't help to see how every other player is performing. It's not to say that if the lower graders play great their transfer to first grade may or may not be good. I just think overall our playing squads are not great compared to the top teams and this is basically because we have not properly prepared them for the rigours of first grade.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Id rather a new coach start a fresh season next year after a full pre-season working on his systems and plays.
Why throw someone in now with a few weeks left, a team that is mentally battered, half the players won't be there next year.
Not to mention the financial stupidity of your idea.
Ideally its Young as the interim coach until the end of this season, new coach announced NOV.

New coach announced in November when there are no players left to sign?

How foolish would that be? Not to mention we would have to hold on to some of the current rubbish just to keep a squad of 30 for next season!

If anything last night's embarrasment means our board need to stop dicking around, get the interviews finished and appoint a new coach in the next fortnight.

Let the new coach pick his staff, select his own players and control recruitment.

hazzbeen

Bench
New coach announced in November when there are no players left to sign?

How foolish would that be? Not to mention we would have to hold on to some of the current rubbish just to keep a squad of 30 for next season!

If anything last night's embarrasment means our board need to stop dicking around, get the interviews finished and appoint a new coach in the next fortnight.

Let the new coach pick his staff, select his own players and control recruitment.
Right on , what are they waiting for , are they waiting to see how Young turns out , this thing about looking after ex players , the boy's club and retirement village for players at the end of their career's needs to stop now ......

Dragons 09

Juniors
Apparently perenara explained you have 1min 40 sec of game time after the try is scored and then it is time out ? I thought it was time out automatically if a try was scored in the last 5 minutes ?

It's time off after the conversion attempt is taken if it is within the last 5 minutes, not time off when the try is scored (unless the ref thinks they are taking too long with the conversion, ie. more than 1min 40).

redv13

Bench
It's time off after the conversion attempt is taken if it is within the last 5 minutes, not time off when the try is scored (unless the ref thinks they are taking too long with the conversion, ie. more than 1min 40).
It’s bloody annoying. Surely they can stop the clock automatically every time a try is scored when the ref awards it. Set the shot clock to 40 secs like a drop out for the conversion and stop this 1 min 20 sec shit b4 time is blown off. They might end up getting an extra 5 mins of game time if they implemented it.

Mjab

Juniors
Unfortunately for Deano, trying hard doesn’t equate to playing well.

Our attack was unimaginative and pedestrian and has been for most of the season.

Any suggestions that our attack was ok suggests Delano has been drinking from the same water bottle as Mary.

I really feel for Dean because he truly bleeds for the club, but he is simply not a first grade coach.

I would prefer to play the kids and get beaten by a cricket score than to pick Merrin, Norman and Hunt.

We must play Sailor next week.

Give Blacker 20 minutes.

Play Max Fegai.

The future is now.
Agree
But if sailor is leaving no point playing him

Mjab

Juniors
It's hard to find a player in our team that is not overrated.

Mentally weak and not prepared to get the full job done.

Even when we were going ok this evening, no one wanted to back up a Frizell or Host who were making a charge. I'm sure they practice at training but on the field they just stand around and wait for someone else.

This is nothing new but where's the accountability?
Backing up and 2 Nd phase play is not dragons footy and I suspect hasn’t been practiced for 7-9 years

Mjab

Juniors
Agree the missed tackles were bad. I though Host and Ford were quite good and have real upsides. Mez has been a great servant but it is time. Blake I don’t know. He is fearless and has a big motor. Maybe a new coaching direction will allow those young forwards to bloom next year. I know, I’m living in hope!
It’s been a long time and a lot of clubs since Merrin did anything
He has been a disgraceful signing whoever did it Mary or Millward
Millward has a lot to blame in my opinion

SGMax

Juniors
When was the last time frizzell ran at a half? So sick of the crap turning him inside back into the forwards. He should have been running at fogharty all night

I think he avoids the halves.
I have seen him (more than once) 5m out with only the no.7 in front and get tackled comfortably in a one man tackle.
Frizell looks unstoppable until he gets to the defence.
Only time he gets through is when he runs into space between defenders, and that's hardly ever.
I am so envious of other teams with large, mobile and athletic 2nd rowers. Tyson plays like a prop, just wider