What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R16 Sat - Panthers 30-6 Wests Tigers @ Panthers

Round 16: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
Roosters fans carry on less and they are the defending premiers.

With all their superstars, they expect to challenge every season, if not win the comp. We’ve been average to shit for most of our history so of course we get to excited by winning 11 in a row.

Go and check the pre season predictions back in March and very few people had us even making the top 8. I don’t know how you expect us to react, act as if winning 14 of 16 games in the NRL is not much to be happy with?

soc123_au

Staff member
So does that mean 3 games out of 16? I honestly don't know.

Finals games will be much more even with 6agains and penalties.
They are the ones we got no restarts. The other games we would have won some counts & lost others. There was a list in the media a few weeks ago. We were near the top in conceded & down the bottom in awarded.

Munky

Coach
LOL, you cant even admit you guys got the rub of the green... Blind much..

Anyho, Panthers have been outstanding and totally deserved their victory tonight..

I admitted above we're getting some love from the ref.

That said it's easier to get on the front foot when Benji kicks directly to the fullback who then gets momentum for the rest of the set which results in the six again calls.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
With all their superstars, they expect to challenge every season, if not win the comp. We’ve been average to shit for most of our history so of course we get to excited by winning 11 in a row.

Go and check the pre season predictions back in March and very few people had us even making the top 8. I don’t know how you expect us to react, act as if winning 14 of 16 games in the NRL is not much to be happy with?

If the raiders won 14 of 16 games I'd still expect us to be put out in straight sets

chrisD

Coach
So does that mean 3 games out of 16? I honestly don't know.

Finals games will be much more even with 6agains and penalties.
Games against the Roosters and Storm will likely be close to even because they’re as good as us in the ruck. Though they’re more cynical tbh.

Valheru

Coach
So much salt from Tigers and other LU fans that just deep down don’t believe we have a right to be so high on the ladder

See this is the type of "us against the world" mentality your team should be adopting. Not that ludicrous post game celebration after beating a team who won't play finals.

I honestly don't believe I have seen anything like that after a run of the mill regular season win.

The players think they have the comp won already.

eagles4eva

First Grade
I admitted above we're getting some love from the ref.

That said it's easier to get on the front foot when Benji kicks directly to the fullback who then gets momentum for the rest of the set which results in the six again calls.
Hence I said you guys deserved your victory, very good during the grind and dominated at the end.

Just didn't seem Cummins officiated fairly in the ruck

MilkShark

First Grade
I reckon the 6 again rule is actually not so great. It’s gets called all the time and the majority of the time you can’t even work out why.

Its an easy “out” for the ref because they don’t have to give any explanation because the game doesn’t stop.

It’s good that the game is quicker but I really am starting to dislike this rule change.

Bazal

Post Whore
We were conceding the most and being awarded the least for weeks after the rule change.

Everyone’s salty cause we’re so good.
giphy.gif

franklin2323

Immortal
They are a good team. It’s a shame they’re 15 of the most unlikable merkins in the game and then Mansour and Yeo

They won’t get a 13-4 infringement count in the finals, will be interesting when they come up against a decent side, but when the sharks are the only top 8 side you play twice you have to wait a while

So much salt. The 11 game win streak reads as follows

Storm
Souths
Tigers
Sharks
Manly
Cowboys
Titans
Canberra
Warriors
Sharks
WT