What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R16 Sat - Panthers 30-6 Wests Tigers @ Panthers

Round 16: Panthers v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

franklin2323

Immortal
You guys are doing well, don’t get me wrong. But in the finals can the clearys out play / out coach smith and Bellamy or keary and Robinson. Both of those teams have been in the finals many times before so will have no issue with any pressure.

Cleary might be up to it, will soon find out

I think we are too young but guys like Api and co with the big game experience to stand up

MilkShark

First Grade
We have been most of the season. How can someone lose one and draw one without being tested? Belive me, just like the WT, a few teams have tried the same, but we simply withstood the onslaught.

I truly think it's the Storm, and Easts to lose. We'll go down in having a very honourable and noteworthy season and could have gone further but only for the big match experience. If we exceed my expectations ( a miracle needed ) and get into the GF, I would be contented. To win one again...
Don’t write yourselves off, I could see you guys in there also.

You guys have also been extremely lucky with injuries this year, just like we were in 2016. You need luck to win it

The_Frog

First Grade
You guys are doing well, don’t get me wrong. But in the finals can the clearys out play / out coach smith and Bellamy or keary and Robinson. Both of those teams have been in the finals many times before so will have no issue with any pressure.

If its not this year, it'll be next year, or the year after that. Time is on our side.

MilkShark

First Grade
I think we are too young but guys like Api and co with the big game experience to stand up
You have a good range of of experienced and younger guys, not to compare you guys to us again but that’s also what we had when we won it.

Api has been really good. Is he signed beyond this year?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

You seem to forget he's played in 2 origin series. Winning side both times, Penrith also played finals in 16,17, 18 too.

age.s

First Grade
I think it's fair to say we haven't been truly tested yet. Playing week 1/2 of the finals as also rans is different to going into week 3/4 as favorites. Similarly beating Melbourne/Roosters in the first half of the regular season is different to beating them in a prelim or GF. We're doing everything we can but you never really know how it'll shake out till we get there. While a good chunk of the team has played in reasonably big games, there are also guys like Luai, Naden, Crichton, To'o who are very much unknown quantities under pressure.

That said, the Storm have been found wanting at the pointy end the last few years so I'm not sure they're the benchmark. The Roosters are a different matter but whether they'll have the troops is unclear. Ditto the Raiders. Parra appear to be falling off. Souths look hot atm but Latrell is a big out. Knights and Sharks are a tier below class wise. There's significant question marks about everyone atm.

super_coach

First Grade
What I took out of tonight...Penrith are a very good team but not sure how they will go against the experienced quality sides like Storm and Chooks in the big end of season games.
The other thing is Cummins has gone a mile backwards from his disastrous GF last year. He is a terrible ref with absolutely no feel for a game. He rides the favourite every week. Don’t get me wrong, Riff were always going to win, but Cummins was going to let it get close

Pantherjim.

Referee
Embrace the hate. It is just jealousy

I’d rather not “embrace the hate“ I don’t want us to be associated with the likes of the Roosters or the Storm.

I’ve been a Penrith Supporter since my early teens, and this season feels very different to the last times we were this successful in 91’ and 2003. Back then, we were everyone’s favourite second team. Smugness and Arrogance is an Avenue I don’t want us to take.

betcats

Referee
You guys are like us, had an easy run after the return from covid so possibly sitting higher than we should be

Rubbish. We have played every top 8 side since the return except the roosters. We haven’t played the two bottom sides yet.

betcats

Referee
FMD what a thread.

Good win for Penrith. Not sure about the ref moaning in here - it wasn't that long ago that Panthers fans were copping it for moaning about refs.

If Madge could get his team up for every game like he does for Penrith, Tigers fans would have more to cheer for. Particularly if they find a decent fullback rather than Doueihi Watene-Zelezniak. He was man of the match tonight.

They don’t like the way we celebrate now....you know the team is doing well when that’s all they have

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Penrith are just doing nearly everything right, just being consistent and always sticking to their plan. Thats so much better than any flash and its harder to do. Its a coaches dream. Can they continue, maybe but things do change come finals time.

But I have to have a dig as they can teach Parra lessons about diving and teach a Matthew Ridge Manly team things about being sooks, even though they are winning. Despite how well they are going I just can not respect Cleary snr, its obvious from his actions in getting to Penrith and his comments over the last year or so he is a spoilt dick and you can see where his team get that sookiness from

Valheru

Coach
If its not this year, it'll be next year, or the year after that. Time is on our side.

For your sake I hope the players aren't thinking along those grounds because things change very quickly in footy.

Ask the 2012 dogs, 2016 raiders, 2017 eels, 2019 raiders and of course your mob from 2014 who are all still waiting.

They need to be like the 2015 cowboys and 2016 sharks (who both fell off the following year) because the time is now for Penrith, they won't get a better opportunity than this.

The roosters and storm are exceptions to the rule in that they always give themselves a chance. Your coach has proven multiple times he can't back up a very good season the following year.

Latest posts