What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Drew is doing a good job on Raw and you’ve also got Keith Lee just called up who Vince is high on. As well as a safe pair of hands in Rey. On the Smackdown side of things you’re probably looking at Big E getting a massive push. There’s also Jeff on the Smackdown side of things who is a proven commodity. That said I don’t think Roman is a heel yet.
I should of been more specific and said SmackDown. If Big E is going to be that guy, he better start getting some proper big wins. Jeff Hardy I’m not sure they will do much more than the IC run because his contract will be coming due soon. I’d like to see Styles as a face, but WWE have their heart set on him as a upper mid heel.

I should of been more specific and said SmackDown. If Big E is going to be that guy, he better start getting some proper big wins. Jeff Hardy I’m not sure they will do much more than the IC run because his contract will be coming due soon. I’d like to see Styles as a face, but WWE have their heart set on him as a upper mid heel.

they are trying to recreate Kofi mania with Big E, but they keep stuffing him in tag matches and feuds with Miz and Morrison. AJ could be the top face but he’s a fantastic heel. Sheamus is another they could turn and has done the part before. Also forgot about Riddle who is currently in the Corbin black hole.

Rhyno

First Grade
F**king giving reigns the belt in his first match back

might as well but the fiend in a comedy Jobber tag team with bo Dallas

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
F**king giving reigns the belt in his first match back

might as well but the fiend in a comedy Jobber tag team with bo Dallas
That’s why Strowman took the fall, protection for bray, also leads to Brock coming back and being a face. Make up for the piss poor feud when they did it the first time with big show.

Heel Roman Reigns, aligned with Paul Heyman, is a master-stroke, imo.

And he would be better as a heel champion, having the face chase him.

they had to do something big for the heel turn. If he just hoofed Seth or Dean or another face in the balls he’d be cheered as the fans rubbing it in vinces face for winning.

Eelementary

Post Whore
they had to do something big for the heel turn. If he just hoofed Seth or Dean or another face in the balls he’d be cheered as the fans rubbing it in vinces face for winning.

I loved how he destroyed the Fiend - it made him look so badass.

Face, or heel, that's how Reigns should be booked - as a badass, who doesn't talk, but just destroys people.

He's a very good worker, he has a great look, and pairing him with Heyman is a stroke of genius.

The only difference between the most successful faces and heels were the opponents they faced. For the most part, nothing else changed, other than the odd cheap shot as a heel or finding a second gear on the back of crowd support as a face. That’s what will be best for Roman, if he stays in arse kicking, take no prisoners mode he should be able to get the crowd hating him before they love him.

Big Pete

Referee
So Payback...

...was actually a pretty solid outing for the WWE. No must-see matches or anything of that nature, but the booking was spot on and nothing entirely offensive happened on the show. The only time they really did anything controversial made sense where Reigns exploited how there's basically zero rules for a Triple Threat and just rocked up conveniently late. I think they explained that away fine by having Braun attack Wyatt before the bell.

I thought the Mysterios/Rollins & Murphy match was the highlight. I feared Dominik would be another David Flair type but he's actually handling himself pretty well for a rookie. You can see the inexperience, but if anything it just adds to the match and makes the situation seem even more hopeless for the babyfaces.

I was really happy with the Lee-Orton match. I was worried they'd drag this out to a 15 minute match right out of the gate and turn me off ever seeing another Lee-Orton match in the future, but at 6 minutes they worked it perfectly. Ordinarily that would be viewed as a squash but they worked the match just well enough where Lee was made to look great without completely killing Randy. I hope they play the long game with Lee and make that eventual Lee-McIntyre match feel like something.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Reigns vs Jey Uso in his first title feud. Safe to say the heel turn will be locked in and Jey will get a prison beating.
Yeah he is definitely getting obliterated after the match, if this turns in to a Mania match down the road before he does the same to The Rock will be interesting to see.

Well, the Dark Or... errr, I mean Retribution revealed themselves as:
- Mia Yim
- Donovan Dijak
- Mercedes Martinez
- Shane Thorne
- Dio Madden

Woopee. Some good talents in there, but who gives a shit about this group?

Big Pete

Referee
It was such a lackluster reveal as well.

Not only was it obvious who some of the members were, but the way they had Todd Phillips announce their signing took away whatever aura they had. Did the company really need another invasion angle? It would make sense if they were coming for a babyface Roman Reigns, but Drew McIntyre and Keith Lee are the total opposites.

It reminded me of those storylines from SmackDown vs Raw. One of those storylines where they're clearly not thinking about merchandise, licensing, future PPVs etc. Basically they had an idea for a couple of guys and girls who weren't doing anything, threw it onto television and it was so corny.

Then they revealed their names! T-Bar, Slapjack and Mace. It really is something out of a bad 90s B-Movie.

I guess it could be worse, it could be a male cheerleader faction.

Interesting that they have split the New Day up in the draft. They are one of the biggest merch sellers in the company. I’m assuming there are big plans for Big E as a single, but the lack of push after Kofi Kingston’s Title run doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Interesting that they have split the New Day up in the draft. They are one of the biggest merch sellers in the company. I’m assuming there are big plans for Big E as a single, but the lack of push after Kofi Kingston’s Title run doesn’t fill me with confidence.

I think they have plans for Big E, but this was a weak way to split them. A stable that lasted 6 years has some story behind their split, rather than just being divided.

There have been many opportunities to split them up in the past but WWE have resisted. I just hope they don’t give all the New Day branding to one of them and leave the others as generic babyfaces.

Latest posts