What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How does the term salary sombrero sit with Roosters fans

isaiah

Bench
do you laugh along or get a bit antsy? Funniest thing I saw two seasons ago was ian Schubert at gf day presentation as your club legend

Valheru

Coach
I love it and we should all own it and i one day hope us roosters fans start a tradition of wearing sombreros to the game.

Some fans do get antsy but i personally find the constant salary cap whinge hilarious.

Headless Chook

Juniors
I like it. Although it’s past it’s use by date to have any effect on most fans who mightn’t have liked it when it first popped up.

it’s a marked improvement to the “Transit Lounge” name we were given in the mid to late 80’s. That name truly sucked, because it was true in every sense.

I do get sick of hearing it, to be honest, but realise that it is just jealousy and bitterness on the part of opposition supporters, especially the rabble, and some of the other Sydney-based clubs.

Who cares, just ignore them, I say. It is their problem, not ours!

rooster25

Juniors
I used to laugh at it but now it pisses me off. It completely takes away the amazing feat of the club going back to back premiership winners and the club deserves more.

I mean we lose Napa and Fergerson after 2018.
We Lose Cooper Cronk, Tetevano and Latrell Mitchell after 2019.
We only sign Angus Critchon and Kyle Flannery in those 2 years.

Yet still all you hear are lame “Roosters over the salary cap” jokes.
Think the club and players deserve more respect.

I used to laugh at it but now it pisses me off. It completely takes away the amazing feat of the club going back to back premiership winners and the club deserves more.

I mean we lose Napa and Fergerson after 2018.
We Lose Cooper Cronk, Tetevano and Latrell Mitchell after 2019.
We only sign Angus Critchon and Kyle Flannery in those 2 years.

Yet still all you hear are lame “Roosters over the salary cap” jokes.
Think the club and players deserve more respect.

And that’s on top of the criticism our players cop from rival fans for being shit. Yet we’re still over the cap!

blue bags

First Grade
images

Warnecke

Juniors
do you laugh along or get a bit antsy? Funniest thing I saw two seasons ago was ian Schubert at gf day presentation as your club legend
I love it, especially when Sharks supporters stupidly throw it out there. My reply goes along the lines of them being both salary cap AND drug cheats!

Latest posts