What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Coach 2021 and Beyond

Who do you want to see as Dragons coach?

• Total voters

Inisai Toga

Juniors
He puts in ,is great in defence ,reasonable service , plays 80 but I don’t think he adds enough in attack
He is probably so buggered from all tackling TBH
Maybe if JDB comes back in the middle it will ease his workload and he can work on attacking options
Agree Mjab, and that could make a difference. It’s a tough one. I recognise his effort but why do want your hooker doing 70 tackles a game? I’ll swap 30 tackles for some sharp dummy half runs and more vision.

Crush

Coach
The best we can hope for is Anthony Griffin.
If we get Furner then God help us. 43% win record at Raiders, 33% at Leeds, sacked by both.
If we get Young then then the fans will burn the place to the ground and break the internet. Surely they wouldn't dare be so foolish.
Griffin will be a "meh" kinda acquisition. The type the Dragons love to acquire. Not good, not terrible, just meh.

Fox 45

Juniors
Although I don’t like the idea of Young being head coach, I would rather they give him next year only, because there are a number of quality coaches available for 2022 including Bennett, Bellamy, Flanagan, Fitzgibbon, which are much better than the current crop of rejects available now.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Although I don’t like the idea of Young being head coach, I would rather they give him next year only, because there are a number of quality coaches available for 2022 including Bennett, Bellamy, Flanagan, Fitzgibbon, which are much better than the current crop of rejects available now.

I rate Dean Young but he’s not ready for the job. Anthony Griffen is the man to lead us out of mediocrity.

possm

Coach
The best we can hope for is Anthony Griffin.
If we get Furner then God help us. 43% win record at Raiders, 33% at Leeds, sacked by both.
If we get Young then then the fans will burn the place to the ground and break the internet. Surely they wouldn't dare be so foolish.
Griffin will be a "meh" kinda acquisition. The type the Dragons love to acquire. Not good, not terrible, just meh.
According to FOX, Griffin's interview is being held tomorrow.

Wane was overlooked by both the Cowboys and the Warriors and not even on the short list for an interview with the Dragons.

I'm amazed that they don't even want to interview Wane or is it the case that Wane does not like the idea of having Young as his assistant?

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
According to FOX, Griffin's interview is being held tomorrow.

Wane was overlooked by both the Cowboys and the Warriors and not even on the short list for an interview with the Dragons.

I'm amazed that they don't even want to interview Wane or is it the case that Wane does not like the idea of having Young as his assistant?

Probably a bit from both ends tbh...

Very interesting to see what the feedback will be after tomorrow..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Interesting in NRL 360 how Crawley supported Griffin with all the negative press he got from Webster for the Saints to keep away. Initially I did not want Griffin but Crawley made some good points. However I would not sin him for 3 years.

He blooded 15 juniors at the Broncos and a stack more at Penrith so he does promote youth. Only concern is he has dull game plans which is a Mary trait we have been privy to for too long which scares me. Unless he gets a good attacking coach to look after that it may work. Young is not that person but maybe Matt Head is as his teams in the juniors were good to watch in attack.

possm

Coach
Interesting in NRL 360 how Crawley supported Griffin with all the negative press he got from Webster for the Saints to keep away. Initially I did not want Griffin but Crawley made some good points. However I would not sin him for 3 years.

He blooded 15 juniors at the Broncos and a stack more at Penrith so he does promote youth. Only concern is he has dull game plans which is a Mary trait we have been privy to for too long which scares me. Unless he gets a good attacking coach to look after that it may work. Young is not that person but maybe Matt Head is as his teams in the juniors were good to watch in attack.
Now that Wane is without an NRL club, I hope the Dragons add him to the list.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
This headache about which coach all boils down to the ignorance of the board and that F-Witt we had impersonating a coach.

2 years ago there was coaches available and we persisted with a fkg moron

Now we are left with the bottom of a pit for coaches. Although I don’t classify Griffen as one of them. I think he just lacks management skills. But good footy brain.

The BOD are to blame for all this and Mary is sitting back laughing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Wane? Why would Saints go for a coach who has had any success in the English Super League? The ones that have come here lately are useless and have not won anything look at Trent Robinson and Michael Maguire.......All failures yet to win a comp.....lol.

Do Saints not know that there are also coaches in England that can coach? Or are the only casting the new withing 50km radius from Kogarah? Oh Sorry I am wrong they are looking at Furner who coached in the ESL for 15 games 10 of those losses.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
To be honest, I find it so odd that Fitzy knocked back Saints for his first NRL gig to honour being an assistant? Has Politis got some wood on him that he is scared to leave? Bizzare

Gould did a review and is close to the Chooks, do you think he has scared him off with what he knows about the upper Management at Saints that may set him up for failure? Giving Gould the keys to the city and look at Saints was a bad move.

St Georgio

Juniors
To be honest, I find it so odd that Fitzy knocked back Saints for his first NRL gig to honour being an assistant? Has Politis got some wood on him that he is scared to leave? Bizzare

Gould did a review and is close to the Chooks, do you think he has scared him off with what he knows about the upper Management at Saints that may set him up for failure? Giving Gould the keys to the city and look at Saints was a bad move.
Yes the best available Rookie according to many and he is not even interested, really strange.
Maybe he is so well liked, Uncle Nick fears losing players, so he pays him well enough to stay.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

Gould may have talked but you don't need Gould to tell you something's not right at the club. I'm not surprised if Fitzy doesn't want to come. I wouldn't be surprised if Griffin didn't want to come. The team is full of non-performers - Hunt plays like he doesn't want to be there, Saab defintely doesn't want to be there, and we have tried off-loading Norman but he won't take the hint. The forwards are ordinary, Frizzell is leaving, the Sims boys are busted, and who knows what will happen with JDB. The new coach will have had no say in recruitment for 2021 so he will have to work with what we have and what we have ain't that much.

A rookie coach could have his career scarred for life and an old hand like Griffin will think twice about coming.

possm

Coach
This headache about which coach all boils down to the ignorance of the board and that F-Witt we had impersonating a coach.

2 years ago there was coaches available and we persisted with a fkg moron

Now we are left with the bottom of a pit for coaches. Although I don’t classify Griffen as one of them. I think he just lacks management skills. But good footy brain.

The BOD are to blame for all this and Mary is sitting back laughing.
Most of the Board members, especially on the WIN side of the boardroom, are number crunchers and marketing gurus. Craig Young and Peter Doust are their go to men when it comes to things 'football'. Now you can understand why?

twinkletoes

Juniors
The supposedly 3 short listed coaches are possibly the weakest 3 coaches you could find (barring Mary & Price)...so much for trying to find someone who meets all their criteria. This selection process is looking more and more like the Phil Gould phantom review. Its great seeing all the forum members getting so excited about Mary going and a new coach coming as we are are desperate to see the Dragons fight for at least top 4 and a chance at a premiership, but I just get the feeling that we are all being stitched up again. I hold little hope of much improvement at all if any of the 3 coaches being talked about are in fact selected..It seems the net hasn't been cast too widely looking towards a new era...

possm

Coach

I have heard that Robinson and his family are moving to France at the end of the 2021 season. Plans are for Fitz to take over as head coach of the Roosters. So not too hard to understand why he gave his word and why he rejected our offer.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The supposedly 3 short listed coaches are possibly the weakest 3 coaches you could find (barring Mary & Price)...so much for trying to find someone who meets all their criteria. This selection process is looking more and more like the Phil Gould phantom review. Its great seeing all the forum members getting so excited about Mary going and a new coach coming as we are are desperate to see the Dragons fight for at least top 4 and a chance at a premiership, but I just get the feeling that we are all being stitched up again. I hold little hope of much improvement at all if any of the 3 coaches being talked about are in fact selected..It seems the net hasn't been cast too widely looking towards a new era...

No other club would even consider either Furner or Young. Griffin has his faults but he should at least get us to the middle of the ladder. Huge improvement over MacGregor. The sad fact is we are no longer a prestige club and we are not going to attract the best candidates.