What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Mjab

Juniors
Madge is in command.

Basically we took Benji out the back and executed him to make an example for the rest of our fat, lazy, bludging and overpriced underachieving, good for nothing, low grade, two bit players.

It’s going to be a bloodbath, we think at least 10 players are going to get their marching orders. Most of us fans are salivating.

Very few of the squad are on the books after next year (thank goodness) so we will be signing anyone with a pulse soon.

Madge has said he’s using the balance of this mutant year as an early 2021 pre season. All the rejects and muppets will get a game in case it turns out they can pass a ball. That’s ok. None of this Mary “ can still make the finals from second last in round 22” stuff.

Madge has just said “ we are f**ked” and everyone agrees.

Bit of controversy over the future of Brookster, he’s very divisive. I like him.

For whatever reason, the squad just doesn’t have that synchronicity. It happens.

So we are blowing up most of it and starting again. Easy solution, but we are out of patience.

Fans are right behind Madge, very tough and ruthless. We will happily bury anyone he shoots.

But congrats on the Mary departure, you are on the up at last!
Since your in the market
I recommended pairing your overperforming half with our overperforming 5/8
I feel a Brooks /Norman combo is your solution

Since your in the market
I recommended pairing your overperforming half with our overperforming 5/8
I feel a Brooks /Norman combo is your solution

:joy:
I attend my home forum willing to promote the cause of Brooks and I usually leave in an cyber ambulance.

Pairing with Norman, it would like watching afl.

But years of Mary has destroyed him as a player.

My dragons shopping list would include the following;

McInness, Hunt, Friz, Hosty, Ravs, Dufty right now.

There’s the Tristan problem to resolve. I am not sure he was brought on properly, but he wasn’t overcooked either.

His tackling has been suspect, but he has some young blood strike. I hear he’s not wanted.

It seems to me that if a club is willing to put some time and resources into his game, he has some potential to reach stock.

For you guys, a new coach will really transform the club. You still have some high quality players, hopefully Friz will dog Newcastle. I’m a bit disappointed and a bit annoyed he wants out. He’s losing a lot.

Seibs took the drunken bludging elites at Souths in 2018 and got them deep into the finals ( sorry!!) so you could do worse than having him in your crew to help out.

But I’d be letting go of Deano, Flanno, Shep, Millward etc

I’d ban the end of year review because last years effort was a miserable failure.

I’ve made the point before but @Gareth67 told us over at the sack Mary thread what the outcome was going to be, before the bloody thing was commissioned. They just should have canned it and consulted with Gareth, but the receipt of 500 blank page with two words scrawled on last page would not have been well received. But, it would have worked and money well spent. The review probably cost $10k in time and resources easily, but $5k a word for Gareth’s input would have been a bargain and saved you millions of dollars on lost games etc. But the review decision makers, where are they now? They wont be held accountable. They really should be under a proper organisational framework.

You need new blood on the board, they have been making bad decisions for many years and the Mary loyalty statement showed they had nfi as the club was on life support.

Webby is starting to show he has good judgment. That’s a good thing.

So things are on the up for you overall. Bout time!

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Bloody hell I hope this isn't him!

Constant likes and retweeting of the likes of Donald Trump, Andrew Bolt, Pauline Hanson, Mark Latham, Alan Jones, Sky News Aus, it really goes on.

Seems to me like he should be coaching the Sharks
Let's focus on football stuff rather than political stuff. I for one do not believe it to be Griffin. It is too bad that social media don't investigate this issue and make it all clear.

Paddles

Juniors
Let's focus on football stuff rather than political stuff. I for one do not believe it to be Griffin. It is too bad that social media don't investigate this issue and make it all clear.

It's him. It's linked to and from his official site. He has been tagged and is in conversations over months with Soward and others from this account. He (or someone) deleted it after people caught on. It's also entirely crazy. It's not (just) politics.

possm

Coach
It's him. It's linked to and from his official site. He has been tagged and is in conversations over months with Soward and others from this account. He (or someone) deleted it after people caught on. It's also entirely crazy. It's not (just) politics.
So I can understand where you are coming from, tell me what you think about the corruption, nepotism and lack of sound management at out Club.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Bloody hell I hope this isn't him!

Constant likes and retweeting of the likes of Donald Trump, Andrew Bolt, Pauline Hanson, Mark Latham, Alan Jones, Sky News Aus, it really goes on.

Seems to me like he should be coaching the Sharks

Retweeting Sky News Australia??

Bruce Gordon owns WIN Corporation
Win Corporation is a sister channel of Sky News Australia
Seems like he is applying for the right coaching job

Sky News on WIN is a free-to-air 24-hour hybrid general and sports news channel that was launched on 2 September 2018. The channel features shared news programming from both WIN Television and Sky News Australia, while regional WIN News content will also be broadcast on Sky News Australia.

Paddles

Juniors
So I can understand where you are coming from, tell me what you think about the corruption, nepotism and lack of sound management at out Club.

Can I present this thing I scratched out last year as my credentials as a fan? https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/09/24/sorry-mary-its-time-to-go/

The club and its structure are a disgrace. The board appear to be undemocratic administrators more interested in personal pomp and $ than being custodians of a century old cultural institution that is important to legions of fans.

The fact that they are contemplating having the guy behind that account as the figurehead to rebuild their 'culture' and 'DNA' is appalling. Not only for the racism and conspiracy theories it peddled, but also because, as I've mentioned above, the genius mind that put that together while applying for such a prominent high paying job is not the guy we need.

If we throw our lot in with Griffin as seat warmer for Deano for a year or two, we may as well prepare for more turmoil and losing. It's a poor idea from a failed board. I hope it's just smoke and mirrors as people have suggested elsewhere.

Brutalitops

Juniors

Sky News on WIN is a free-to-air 24-hour hybrid general and sports news channel that was launched on 2 September 2018. The channel features shared news programming from both WIN Television and Sky News Australia, while regional WIN News content will also be broadcast on Sky News Australia.
Oh I'm aware, and it was a big part of why the WIN involvement left a sour taste in my mouth.

blue bags

First Grade
the game v titans is a disgrace, huge clean out of the rubbish thatc dealt out , just look at the games data

blue bags

First Grade
Can I present this thing I scratched out last year as my credentials as a fan? https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/09/24/sorry-mary-its-time-to-go/

The club and its structure are a disgrace. The board appear to be undemocratic administrators more interested in personal pomp and $ than being custodians of a century old cultural institution that is important to legions of fans.

The fact that they are contemplating having the guy behind that account as the figurehead to rebuild their 'culture' and 'DNA' is appalling. Not only for the racism and conspiracy theories it peddled, but also because, as I've mentioned above, the genius mind that put that together while applying for such a prominent high paying job is not the guy we need.

If we throw our lot in with Griffin as seat warmer for Deano for a year or two, we may as well prepare for more turmoil and losing. It's a poor idea from a failed board. I hope it's just smoke and mirrors as people have suggested elsewhere.
i agree. im with you on that, the account is disgraceful . makes me sick

Banjo2014

Juniors
Oh I'm aware, and it was a big part of why the WIN involvement left a sour taste in my mouth.
Just pumping you up Brutalitops but it could be way worse - He could be retweeting Sleepy Joe Biden
I am a resident of US but stuck in lockdown here in Philippines and am hooked on CNN and Fox - of course channel doesn't move from Fox NRL Thursday to Sunday night
Once again mate just pumping you up a bit no intent meant

possm

Coach

Dean Young has no credentials for being considered for the head coach job. His only claim is that his father is a director of the club and lobbying for his appointment - nepotism.

My preference is Wane for head coach, followed by Griffin. Bennett, Fitz and Bellamy have ruled themselves out.

be55

Juniors

HAHAHA...I think possm might be thinking "holy shit i poked the bear"
Good stuff mate...a true soldier who has always fought the good fight...RESPECT...

I'm Hornby

Juniors

My favourite part was when @Brutalitops insinuated that retweeting a news outlet, the leader of the free world, a range of politicians in western democracies and media identities in same makes you a lunatic who isn't fit to hold up a job.

I guess you're right that if Griffin retweeted posts of a former U.S. Vice President who goes around invading people's personal space and sniffing hair, that would make Griffin an upstanding citizen worthy of the coaching position in the eyes of some who have attempted this character assasination.

blue bags

First Grade
My favourite part was when @Brutalitops insinuated that retweeting a news outlet, the leader of the free world, a range of politicians in western democracies and media identities in same makes you a lunatic who isn't fit to hold up a job.

I guess you're right that if Griffin retweeted posts of a former U.S. Vice President who goes around invading people's personal space and sniffing hair, that would make Griffin an upstanding citizen worthy of the coaching position in the eyes of some who have attempted this character assasination.
hello griffo :)

I'm Hornby

Juniors
hello griffo :)

Hi There, I'm just here trying to figure out how zoom works for my interview tonight, thought I'd jump on and defend myself whilst impersonating a dragons fan on a forum.

Does anyone on here know any of the Illawarra members of the board that they can convince to give me the nod?

Otherwise I can get my mate Donald Trump the fascist dictator of the west to order some drone strikes in the region, that should take care of the matter.

Mjab

Juniors
Hi There, I'm just here trying to figure out how zoom works for my interview tonight, thought I'd jump on and defend myself whilst impersonating a dragons fan on a forum.

Does anyone on here know any of the Illawarra members of the board that they can convince to give me the nod?

Otherwise I can get my mate Donald Trump the fascist dictator of the west to order some drone strikes in the region, that should take care of the matter.
Drone attacks of the Illawarra is one way to solve JV problems
I’d prefer getting the who,e board room together and start clean