What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Penrith V Brisvegas.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well we're talking about it because it's the match thread. This particular game was subpar for the 2020 standard the team set for themselves. It's an anomaly so far and hopefully stays that way.

Haas, Oates etc being back made the Broncos an anomaly of themselves too

The_Frog

First Grade
Haas, Oates etc being back made the Broncos an anomaly of themselves too
They bounced back from the flogging of last week. They did it last time the Roosters reamed them as well. It was 100% expected. Perhaps the side expected the Broncos to wilt in the second half, but we never looked like losing.

franklin2323

Immortal
They bounced back from the flogging of last week. They did it last time the Roosters reamed them as well. It was 100% expected. Perhaps the side expected the Broncos to wilt in the second half, but we never looked like losing.

Yep. I predicted a close game given who they got back, them getting flogged last week and the short turnaround

Fangs

Coach
To'o try looked slick. Nice work from the spine. But just watch Fifita plant his feet like a human statue.

Feeling sorry for the Titans after watching that.

GongPanther

Referee
Long travel, 5 day turn around. I can understand a sub-par performance.

Can't say I'm too worried. But Parra would get us with a repeat performance. We need to be better.[/QUOTEy
8 day turnaround for the Eels game. We'll be ready...you wait and see.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I’m not happy with the performance but we were clearly not up for the game energy wise like we have been for most games and that might be down to the short turnaround, travel and a surprisingly good effort by the Broncos. If we actually had a home game against this mob like we should’ve been entitled to (last one v Broncos was 2016) then we probably beat them by 40. I’ll happily take the 2 points considering the hurt Broncos have put on us over the years and just hope for a more intense and dynamic effort next week, which I expect as it is a derby at home and there’s no room for any sort of complacency.

GongPanther

Referee
I'm looking through the perspective as a season wholly. There isn't one side that has led the comp that has had the shakes now and then.

But one has to give credit to the Broncs. They were playing for pride, contracts, and the dire thought of getting the wooden spoon. They had good reasons to turn up last night, and they did themselves proud.

age.s

First Grade
It's all been said. We were pretty average. Never felt threatened but looked low on energy and even interest. Lots of crabbing and skipping, not enough hitting the line at speed. Hopefully just the quick turnaround or something else that will pass and not a deeper issue with the squad that's cropped up.

On the plus side our bench was outstanding. Tetevano changed the game when he came on. That charge really lifted us. Capewell didn't miss a beat coming back and Leinu is just explosive. I have no idea who you drop when Yeo comes back but it's a hell of an issue to have. Edwards was good too I thought.

Weird to say after a comfortable 13 point wins away from home but that was a night to forget in the very literal sense of the word. Wasn't exciting nor particularly disappointing.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I don't think they got out of 3nd gear. Hard to be motivated against a team running 15th.

Reckon they were perhaps thinking bout next week against Parramatts. Also having change of lineup and positions doesn't help.

Happy enough with the win. As Ivan said 12 months ago a short turn around game in Brisbane = a loss.

Think last weeks game was a bruiser too.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mansour had a shocker tonight. Whole team was pretty average though. Never looked like losing. But never looked like blowing them off the park.

Need to lift to beat even an out of form Eels.

Mansour I felt played a decent game. Funny his stats mirrored Too, same meters,pcm,line break,tries....
Both had ok games. I like Too. Gee he takes of quick. Best on park was Edwards. If he can learn to pass better. A few times he could of put a try in if he could throw a cut out pass. Constantly beat the first tackle and always in position.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith where one try away from blowing them away. And they where close but Brisbane went down other end and scored. It was a 14 point lead that could of went to 20 and then flood gates open with 15 to go. Instead risbane went basicaly 90mtrs on the next set and scored.

Forward rolled up the guts well. Halves had some nice touches and good kicking games. Centres where not given much ball.
I would of liked to see them run in the 5th when attacking the line a little more. JFH takes a few to many settlers last night inside the zone.

Side not Leinu if can be used correctly will be a wrecking ball. Need to save his runs off the back of another forward making inroads and a quick play thr ball.

betcats

Referee
Not a great a performance but im happy to take the two points and move on, we dont want to play a good team that way though. Nice to see Capewell get one his first touch back.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not a great a performance but im happy to take the two points and move on, we dont want to play a good team that way though. Nice to see Capewell get one his first touch back.

You will have off days. I file it as a game I won't re-watch. That should make for an uncomfortable video session which is what you need to grow

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Broncos turned up
Hass, Oates and co returned
Short turn around
Fly in Fly out
Wouldnt have had too many sessions during the week

Our mind is on next week, basically the same as Canberra did last week with the Dogs..

Still won, and never looked in doubt. Thats what a good team can do.

No point showing all your cards when you do not need to.

maple_69

Bench
I wonder if these cagey performances against mediocre sides are just an effort to keep the hype in check, our plays out of video sessions and maybe even minimise injuries?

I hope the Eels (and us) come to play next week. I think the four is increasingly shaping as Penrith, Storm, Roosters, Eels which means our finals run would be another clash with Parra, potentially a week off, and then the Chooks/Storm gauntlet. We need a tune up before those last two.

Black Magik

Juniors
My thoughts were, while watching, that Nath and Api were a step ahead of everyone else including our team.

Nath drops it cold and Api leaves one behind. Easy fix.

I thought both teams played well. For us to win by 13 against a team we rarely play well against in Brisbane is good enough for me.

Latest posts