What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Raiders

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
These jokers can’t beat the titans at Kogarah or a massively under strength cows on a 9 game losing streak. Ha, zero f**king chance they’ll come anywhere near Canberra. Within 20 pts and they’ve done well.

redv13, if the Dragons do get thrashed it will be out of character. They have had a remarkable ability(?) this season to play to a level just below their opponents resulting in many competitive losses. Had they played as well against the bottom teams as they played against the Roosters or the Panthers or the Eels for example they would have had many more wins. Only against the Warriors and the loss to the Dogs have they never been in the contest.

They really had to lower themselves to have a golden point loss to the Cowboys - they relied on some very poor handling to fritter away points. I don't like to rubbish individual players but it's about time there was a message that basic handling errors are not acceptable at NRL level. Think of:
*Rava dropping a sitter with the line wide open.
*Jordan winning the jump on a high ball but barely touching it on the way down.
* Aitken missing a bouncing ball after Hunt effected what should have been a match-saving charge down. Aitken is also usually around the high balls that are allowed to bounce. And there's Blocker Roach surprised that Euan has been allowed to leave.
*Clune dropping a ball on the first tackle in an attacking position.

A few issues to throw in: Fui was very energetic for his 3 minutes. I hoped when Mary left the bench would be used more constructively. Why pick Fui if you are not going to use him?

I have been a supporter of Josh Kerr but 40 metres for a prop is ordinary even with limited minutes.

Finally, why are high balls still being allowed to bounce. WTF do they practise at training?

It would be pleasing to read of a few personnel changes to address some of the above.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
redv13, if the Dragons do get thrashed it will be out of character. They have had a remarkable ability(?) this season to play to a level just below their opponents resulting in many competitive losses. Had they played as well against the bottom teams as they played against the Roosters or the Panthers or the Eels for example they would have had many more wins. Only against the Warriors and the loss to the Dogs have they never been in the contest.

They really had to lower themselves to have a golden point loss to the Cowboys - they relied on some very poor handling to fritter away points. I don't like to rubbish individual players but it's about time there was a message that basic handling errors are not acceptable at NRL level. Think of:
*Rava dropping a sitter with the line wide open.
*Jordan winning the jump on a high ball but barely touching it on the way down.
* Aitken missing a bouncing ball after Hunt effected what should have been a match-saving charge down. Aitken is also usually around the high balls that are allowed to bounce. And there's Blocker Roach surprised that Euan has been allowed to leave.
*Clune dropping a ball on the first tackle in an attacking position.

A few issues to throw in: Fui was very energetic for his 3 minutes. I hoped when Mary left the bench would be used more constructively. Why pick Fui if you are not going to use him?

I have been a supporter of Josh Kerr but 40 metres for a prop is ordinary even with limited minutes.

Finally, why are high balls still being allowed to bounce. WTF do they practise at training?

It would be pleasing to read of a few personnel changes to address some of the above.
On most occassions Dufty just lets the mid field bombs bounce as does Aitken....if Lomax is not in sight then we are in big trouble....and Dufty has this annoying habit of going for an intercept when hes the last line of defence against two attacking opposition player's.... I think he takes the easy option tbh for self preservation instead of taking one for the team....as for Aitken we only have to endure the pain for a few more games .....I am a Kerr fan to a point and will be interested to see how he develops under a real coach.....Host will continue to improve under Griffin and I reckon he will go from strength to strength......Lawrie has been having a go of late but Im not sure he has to much to offer.....as for Clune as Ive said before I dont see him as our long term halfback solution .....as I mentioned in a previous post Hunt needs to wear the 7 and start earning his coin....otherwise show him the door...as for what do they do at training then your guess is as good as mine......our spine is totally ineffective because imo they dont exactely know what each others role is...this week Raiders by plenty..........over to you Hook

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Agree unless Rava is injured?

Been held together by tape.

Onya Cody, make the most of this opportunity

Great news!

Still can’t seem to flush that turd at No3.

Sailor & Saab must be leaving
(Hang on, so is Turnstile?)

Max for Lovechild cum Thursdy & Deano you’ll have the attacking backline that could’ve ticked some boxes
... & saved you & your mentor’s bacon
LOL

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
The guy who has made the biggest improvement this year gets dropped?
The worst performing players Norman, Aitken and Hunt remain in the side?

Please tell me this is satire and the real team list has been delayed and will be out shortly.

Big congratulations to Cody Ramsey, but what’s the story with Ravalawa? Is he injured or dropped?

if he’s been dropped that’s a very odd selection. I’d rather they dropped Dufty & gave Ramsey a run at fullback

st shaneoh

Juniors
Agree unless Rava is injured?

Been held together by tape.

Please tell me this is satire and the real team list has been delayed and will be out shortly.

where is Tristan Sailor

Spazer

Juniors
Rav probably rested, he looked so slow on his kick returns the other night not like his usual self so it would be good for him to miss a week or two since our season is over.

Happy to see Ramsey, he'll be up against that other rookie winger Valemei so it should be interesting.

getsmarty

Immortal
team_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Presented By

NRL team: Round 18 v Canberra Raiders
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 8 Sep 2020, 03:56 PM

St George Illawarra interim coach Dean Young has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 18 i98FM Illawarra Convoy Round clash against the Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Sunday, September 6.

Cody Ramsey will become St George Illawarra player No. 235 after being named on the wing for his NRL debut in place of Mikaele Ravalawa.

Paul Vaughan (suspension) returns in the front row and will be joined alongside by the promoted Kaide Ellis. Blake Lawrie and Josh Kerr revert to the interchange while Tyrell Fuimaono drops back to the reserves.

The Dragons will still celebrate the i98FM Illawarra Convoy Round this weekend despite Covid-19 preventing it from going ahead in 2020. Raising funds for those in need and the Illawarra Community Foundation, make sure you buy a ticket in the 50-50 charity raffle now.

NRL squad for Round 18 v Canberra Raiders –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jacob Host – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
14. Billy Brittain – sponsored by Trendline
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
18. Eddie Blacker
19. Tyrell Fuimaono
20. Brayden Wiliame
21. Max Feagai

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/08/nrl-team-round-18-v-canberra-raiders/