What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant gun Jason Saab to ditch Mary’s Dragons as rivals circle

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saab is not better than Pareira and Rava at the moment so why should one of then get dropped for him. If he is wanting a guarantee 1st grade spot without earning it then see ya later because he had a couple of weeks whilst Pereira was out and he really did not do anything to push Jordan out of the starting line up. He is a solid player but currently our 2 winger are better.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Saab is not better than Pareira and Rava at the moment so why should one of then get dropped for him. If he is wanting a guarantee 1st grade spot without earning it then see ya later because he had a couple of weeks whilst Pereira was out and he really did not do anything to push Jordan out of the starting line up. He is a solid player but currently our 2 winger are better.[/QUOTE

easy solution

remind Saab he’s signed a contract until 2022

he needs a big off-season bulk up a bit more.

more pereira to the backrow, he runs hard but lacks the pace of a winger

put Saab on the left wing outside Brandon Williame. Any winger outside Aitken is going to want to leave.
Problem solved.

possm

Coach
Saab is not better than Pareira and Rava at the moment so why should one of then get dropped for him. If he is wanting a guarantee 1st grade spot without earning it then see ya later because he had a couple of weeks whilst Pereira was out and he really did not do anything to push Jordan out of the starting line up. He is a solid player but currently our 2 winger are better.
Yes, all players should be selected to first grade positions on form however, right now there is no reserve grade for the coach to judge form and so I suppose we are relying on how players perform at training.

Saab would not be the first player to get off-side with the retention or coaching staff, whether it be an assistant coach or the head coach. He is young and just needs to be handled correctly.

I'd say a Griffin or Wane head coach could turn this around.

I have always rated Saab and do believe this excuse about family commitments is BS; that is his manager, who can only see some extra dollars for himself, speaking.

I'd like to see the new head coach make the decision as I believe, in the right frame of mind, Saab could be a good long term first grade winger. Yes we do have other young wingers coming through but I feel that now is not the right time to cut Saab from our player list.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So Possm, would you put Saab into the squad ahead or Rava and Pereira? Or are you just saying to keep him as back up. That is probably the reason he wants to leave because he does not want to be a backup.

possm

Coach
So Possm, would you put Saab into the squad ahead or Rava and Pereira? Or are you just saying to keep him as back up. That is probably the reason he wants to leave because he does not want to be a backup.
You might be surprised with my answer but here it is:

The coach, assistant coaches and players got us here, out of the 8 again. To improve we need to do something
different. So next week I would play the following players if they are fit and well:
1. Ramsey - we just want to see how he goes.
2. Saab - maybe the new coach can convince him to stay.
3. Lomax - to continue to work on his combination with Ravalawa
4. Pereira - If Williame is not ready.
5. Ravalawa - for reasons mentioned in 3 above.
6. Dufty - it is now or never to test him at 6.
7. Clune - he is the best halfback we have at the club.
8. Kerr- we are short on starting props.
9. Hunt - hope he goes to Brisbane.
10. Lawrie - we are short on props.
11. Tyrell - I rate him better than Host.
12. Frizell - best backrow forward in the Club
13. McInnes - no one else can tackle like him.

14. Sullivan - I want to see how he goes.
15. Merrin - no one else.
16. Blacker - we need to test him
17. Ford - his turn this week.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
You might be surprised with my answer but here it is:

The coach, assistant coaches and players got us here, out of the 8 again. To improve we need to do something
different. So next week I would play the following players if they are fit and well:
1. Ramsey - we just want to see how he goes.
2. Saab - maybe the new coach can convince him to stay.
3. Lomax - to continue to work on his combination with Ravalawa
4. Pereira - If Williame is not ready.
5. Ravalawa - for reasons mentioned in 3 above.
6. Dufty - it is now or never to test him at 6.
7. Clune - he is the best halfback we have at the club.
8. Kerr- we are short on starting props.
9. Hunt - hope he goes to Brisbane.
10. Lawrie - we are short on props.
11. Tyrell - I rate him better than Host.
12. Frizell - best backrow forward in the Club
13. McInnes - no one else can tackle like him.

14. Sullivan - I want to see how he goes.
15. Merrin - no one else.
16. Blacker - we need to test him
17. Ford - his turn this week.

Agree-with two exceptions Possm- Ellis for Merrin and Sauni- Esau or Feagai (whomever we are able to play) for Williame. I posted that Merrin and Willliame were underwhelming signings at the time and I"ve seen no evidence since then to regard them as part of the future.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I never saw much of young Saab play but tbh I wasnt that impressed from what I did see....having said that I hope he doesnt grow into another Tupou from the Roosters...then I would be really disappointed because along with Nofa from the Tigers I really rate those two wingers

Now lets see can we swap Norman for Cameron Munster....yeah I know Im dreamin

Willow

Assistant Moderator
makes you wonder what’s changed, he signed a 3 year contract extension last year & now he wants us to let him go to a rival club? WTF?

not cool Jason, not cool.
Well you don't know the detail. And you missed the part about it being a player swap, suggesting the Club is assisting in his departure.

If this is true, I'm sorry to see Saab go and wish him the best.

Latest posts