What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant gun Jason Saab to ditch Mary’s Dragons as rivals circle

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I like Pierra over Rava as i think he has all the qualities of a winger except speed
And that is our problem.
We need speed.
If he does not pick up their speed get rid of him.
As for Rava I would let him go
I also agree I’m in the minority that prefers Pereira over Rava, much harder runner with better footwork, just stuck outside Aitken. I’m not sure he’s slow he’s just always darting in and out stopping and starting looking for Dufty. I would love to see him just pin the ears back and run straight. At least he would get us good field position. At the very last second before getting crunched if he sees or hears a chance to pass cool but otherwise just take the tackle.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
This Saab hate by the cranky few is over the top. Did he hurt your feelings at some point?

It is what it is... don't take it personally.
He hurt my feelings when he said he didn’t want to play for the team I go for because he lives in the west. But now he’s happy to travel to Manly. We don’t need anymore players who don’t want to be here no matter how good or promising they are

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I also agree I’m in the minority that prefers Pereira over Rava, much harder runner with better footwork, just stuck outside Aitken. I’m not sure he’s slow he’s just always darting in and out stopping and starting looking for Dufty. I would love to see him just pin the ears back and run straight. At least he would get us good field position. At the very last second before getting crunched if he sees or hears a chance to pass cool but otherwise just take the tackle.

Aitken would make Johnny King look like a dud on the outside of him.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I have been lukewarm in the Saab/Garrick swap, and still think Saab will be a superstar but to put things in perspective and look on the positive side. Garrick is really all one needs in a winger, he’s fast enough, rock solid and can finish. There have been so many times all we need was a proficient winger who is match ready and not someone who we are paying and playing on potential ala Saab/Rava it’s not funny. Maybe in the future Rava and Saab will be better than Garrick, but right at this very moment Garrick is better than both, easily. My worries are he could be pathway blocking for say a Ramsey or Sloan and I believe Ramsey’s promotion plus Garrick’s purchase probably means Hook doesn’t rate Rava.
With this in mind my back 5 round 1 would be;
1.Dufty (on notice)
2.Ramsey
3.Max Feagai/Wiliame (whoever trains/trials better)
4.Lomax
5.Garrick
Not too shabby with a bit of X factor. Will be interesting to see what Hook does with Dufty and if he can coach around his deficiencies, change his position or even go with Ramsey or Lomax at 1 and move Mat Feagai into the backline?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The question still remains is why Dezi is letting Garrick go?

If Garrick is that good, and I see a lot of people already have automatically included them in their team lists, Hasler would be looking at swapping someone else.

More to the story maybe, but we have enough 'stock' for wing and centre moving forward.

Saab, could be, maybe, can be, sort of, a future prospect, however, he's really shown very little to warrant this speculation.

So, again, why is Dezi so blase to let Garrick go?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The question still remains is why Dezi is letting Garrick go?

If Garrick is that good, and I see a lot of people already have automatically included them in their team lists, Hasler would be looking at swapping someone else.

More to the story maybe, but we have enough 'stock' for wing and centre moving forward.

Saab, could be, maybe, can be, sort of, a future prospect, however, he's really shown very little to warrant this speculation.

So, again, why is Dezi so blase to let Garrick go?
I just reckon Dez sees the potential and knows what he can do with Saab. Probably thinks with that extra height and DCE’s kicking game he can give the team that X factor. I suppose he believes by the end of the off season he will have him at Garrick levels at a minimum. Time will tell. Manly is not close to Western Sydney either so hopefully he doesn’t get too tired.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons finally set to let giant rookie leave in Sea Eagles swap
NRL Premiership
zac_rayson.jpg

• September 12, 2020 11:09am
  • Zac Rayson
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
9f58ea20da0124045b078e94344b3d0b

St George Illawarra's Jason Saab is set to jet to Manly next season.Source: News Corp Australia
Jason Saab’s long-awaited exit from the Dragons appears on the brink of being sealed, with a Manly youngster set to go swap places with the wantaway winger from 2021.

19-year-old Saab has repeatedly sought – and been denied – a release from St George Illawarra throughout the season, as he seeks to spend more time in Sydney for family reasons.

He has struggled with the commute from his western Sydney home to Dragons training in Wollongong, but the Red V were unwilling to lose him for free given he is contracted there until the end of 2022.

Now it looks like both parties have got their wish, with Saab having been offered a three-year deal by the Sea Eagles, according to The Daily Telegraph.

Reuben Garrick, a Gerrigong Lions junior, will return to St George in a player swap.

Saab scored three tries in three games after making his debut last season, but has struggled for game time this campaign with just four appearances.

The towering winger – who stands a full 1.99 metres tall – will replace Garrick on the Northern Beaches from next season.

23-year-old Garrick debuted for Manly in Round 1 of last season, and has played all 16 games this season after an impressive debut campaign.

He’s contracted with the Sea Eagles until the end of next season, but looks all-but-set to return to the Dragons where he played his junior football.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/71274916ef06bd8d65a96b746a47f826

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He hurt my feelings when he said he didn’t want to play for the team I go for because he lives in the west. But now he’s happy to travel to Manly. We don’t need anymore players who don’t want to be here no matter how good or promising they are
So are you serious? Jason Saab hurt your feelings?

Nah, you're taking the piss, surely.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Cody Ramsay should take Aitkins spot
Immediately and the new year
Wing Centre as follows is our future
Rava / Lomax
Jp or Garrick / Ramsay
All over time will get better and better bringing ball back, PASS THE BALL ! and all have already shown attacking potential.

possm

Coach
I have been lukewarm in the Saab/Garrick swap, and still think Saab will be a superstar but to put things in perspective and look on the positive side. Garrick is really all one needs in a winger, he’s fast enough, rock solid and can finish. There have been so many times all we need was a proficient winger who is match ready and not someone who we are paying and playing on potential ala Saab/Rava it’s not funny. Maybe in the future Rava and Saab will be better than Garrick, but right at this very moment Garrick is better than both, easily. My worries are he could be pathway blocking for say a Ramsey or Sloan and I believe Ramsey’s promotion plus Garrick’s purchase probably means Hook doesn’t rate Rava.
With this in mind my back 5 round 1 would be;
1.Dufty (on notice)
2.Ramsey
3.Max Feagai/Wiliame (whoever trains/trials better)
4.Lomax
5.Garrick
Not too shabby with a bit of X factor. Will be interesting to see what Hook does with Dufty and if he can coach around his deficiencies, change his position or even go with Ramsey or Lomax at 1 and move Mat Feagai into the backline?
Dufty is not a fullback and goes out of his way to avoid collisions if he can. We have plenty of wingers but no fullback at all. So in early 2021, I would play Garrick at fullback until Ramsey or Schiller find their first grade feet. So the back 3 for me would be:
Garrick
Schiller
Ramsey

All have speed to burn, all are fullbacks and all can catch a high ball without fear. Yes Ramsey and Schiller are green but with a full off-season behind them and a good coach mentoring them, I feel certain they will come good and be regular first graders. Anyone of these 3 could end up being our long term fullback.

Latest posts