What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
Mary withdrawal is a bit like coming down after a really bad meth induced psychotic episode.

The giant four headed lizard who usually lives across the road and eats stray garden gnomes turns out to be an old electrical substation.

It’s like seeing the world for the first time.

Some of the younger kids have never lived without Mary as head coach. They will need special counselling as they adjust to happiness and a world without excuses.

Hmm - just so Silver
Ain’t life great now!!

Can’t believe we creamed the still-arrogant prick

Sorry about the Tigers BTW

Anyway,
Cam needs to read the 16,500 replies to this thread
....while having a beer or 10
with his new lifelong mate FFS

(His seduction by the Failed One is making me dubious about his judgment as captain?):

"I've spoken to him a few times since he's finished up, and he said to me if I ever needed any tips or perspective from the outside looking in, he'd give me that," McInnes said.

"It felt different around the club not having him there. There are times I think it's sad he's not around.”
:sleepy::sleepy:

Laurie Daley & Turnstile could be there for moral support

.... just to give “outside perspective”

FFFmmmDEAD

....the weight of words, numbers & your No3 did you in Mc Fail

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
His blind faith in underperforming experienced players (see Turnstile among many) and distinct lack of faith in rookies was a big factor in his undoing imo.

That and his distinct lack of a plan b.

Oh, and his inability to acknowledge his own errors.

I could go on of course, but I'm bored already...

Hmm - just so Silver
Ain’t life great now!!

Can’t believe we creamed the still-arrogant prick

Sorry about the Tigers BTW

Anyway,
Cam needs to read the 16,500 replies to this thread
....while having a beer or 10
with his new lifelong mate FFS

(His seduction by the Failed One is making me dubious about his judgment as captain?):

"I've spoken to him a few times since he's finished up, and he said to me if I ever needed any tips or perspective from the outside looking in, he'd give me that," McInnes said.

"It felt different around the club not having him there. There are times I think it's sad he's not around.”
:sleepy::sleepy:

Laurie Daley & Turnstile could be there for moral support

.... just to give “outside perspective”

FFFmmmDEAD

....the weight of words, numbers & your No3 did you in Mc Fail

“You hang around with dogs you catch fleas“ is the old saying.

Hook needs to issue an immediate blanket ban on “consorting” with Mary by any and all players, to avoid a second wave of the virus ripping through the player ranks.

Even in retirement, the arrogance and delusion of Mary to think he has anything to offer the players is illogical and unfathomable.

Its also disrespectful.

If Cam is going to spread the failed Mary ideas at the gym or call an old Mary play during the game, if the infection is beyond treatment, I’m sorry but Cam should be relieved of his command.

And I say this, thinking he is one of the first who should be picked for NSW if not, our second tier side known as Australia.

Mjab

Juniors
Maybe Mary is on face time during games with Deano to give him advice the game plans and selections seem the same

Maybe Mary is on face time during games with Deano to give him advice the game plans and selections seem the same

Deano should have got better advice and should not have applied for the job.

He interviewed well, but he should have felt the cold wind blowing over the ranks of the present sgi coaching fraternity.

I understand he’s being kept on for the moment, probably to assist with the immediate transition and then go from there.

But Hook won’t waste anytime with him if he isn’t performing at optimum.

The days of the old Mary sing a long after being wiped out are over.

His tenure is the one of the most tenuous at the club.

If he dances to the Hook song, not a step out of place, he will be ok.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Deano should have got better advice and should not have applied for the job.

He interviewed well, but he should have felt the cold wind blowing over the ranks of the present sgi coaching fraternity.

I understand he’s being kept on for the moment, probably to assist with the immediate transition and then go from there.

But Hook won’t waste anytime with him if he isn’t performing at optimum.

The days of the old Mary sing a long after being wiped out are over.

His tenure is the one of the most tenuous at the club.

If he dances to the Hook song, not a step out of place, he will be ok.

Hey Hook,
My grandfather had an old saying about kicking someone so far they’d have to feed them with a shanghai!
Lol

Beware usurpers & collaborators in your ranks
...a ‘wronged’ & sniping fool
...& a still-grieving captain?

Daddy will be your problem,

as unfortunately results don’t always count in the battle of egos
Build your Dragon fortress on solid foundations,
get the results
& the Fans & Webby will have your back

Deano cannot return a rookie

Hey Hook,
My grandfather had an old saying about kicking someone so far they’d have to feed them with a shanghai!
Lol

Beware usurpers & collaborators in your ranks
...a ‘wronged’ & sniping fool
...& a still-grieving captain?

Daddy will be your problem,

as unfortunately results don’t always count in the battle of egos
Build your Dragon fortress on solid foundations,
get the results
& the Fans & Webby will have your back

Deano cannot return a rookie

So eloquently put, if this post isn’t secreted into his top draw, someone in admin is letting Hook down.

Im afraid that after decades of his presence and glorification by the most senior of the cadre, some of the slower minds in the club have failed to pick up on the fact that when Webby spoke to Mary that day and told him to the effect of

“ You resign now or be pushed next Tuesday”

That what he was actually saying was that the board felt it could no longer run roughshod over the fans and members, aka, they were growing more fearful for their own futures as the press continued to turn against them.

It’s not like they didn’t try to give him every support possible. No coach has ever been given so much time, money and resources. Millions of dollars poured into him, it was shameless, it was an abomination.

Which leaves me to my honest opinion about Mary which is that he’s not the sharpest tool in the shed strategy wise by nrl public relations standards because he kept promising and not delivering.

“ The side that I always wanted” was his biggest gaffe, only last year. It was an appalling season by any measure. As the promises kept flowing, excuses on their tail, people were asking what happened to cause the last promise to fail. And on and on and on it went. The wolf never came and people tuned into the pressers to watch him embarrass himself further. The humour of the spectacle, became a tragedy.

He thinks people don’t have a memory. It’s contemptuous sure, but he wasn’t trying to be selfish, that’s an actual by product of missing basic human understandings. I think it’s a relatively simple concept to grasp, why it eluded him, is anyone’s guess. It’s quite bizarre. I don’t want to defame him and for balance I really support his time out with his dad. More important than footy, good on him and I pay total tribute to him for that priority. Big tick.

My warning is that his ghost will continue to haunt the lower end of club intelligence. He will pass himself off as an expert in sgi affairs. He still sees himself as a coach and leader of men. He believes he is special. Just like piggins at Souths, the press will use him to add expert comment to things he doesn’t have the full picture of. And he will enjoy his relevancy. He will get columns in the papers, paid speaker etc. turn up at corporate events as a life club member. Plenty of fuss and bother about him for a long time. Board member within 5 years max. He sniffs power and will head towards it.

Mary was clear at the sacking presser, he should never have been sacked. He said as much without stipulating it. I think it was expected by all of us avid Mary watchers. Defiant to the bitter end. This was forecasted on this thread ages ago.

He should have been sacked after last season at the latest. That’s the reality. This years been completely wasted. Millions of dollars burned and good players checking out. I thought after the debacle of the Hunt post soo resting, that was the end of ends. I underestimated him.

But he ain’t going away. The thread will continue to prosper.

He will manage to dump on Hook when Hook is bringing home the bacon. And if Hook can’t succeed with you, no one can without a totally fresh roster.

So very exciting times ahead. But sadly, as linespeed is solemnly suggesting to us, I think Mary is here to stay. A containment policy needs to be deployed.

This thread will be the eyes and ears of the “ never again” crowd. Alerting all to Mary mischief as you blokes forge a new dynasty and embrace a new era.

Last edited:

Mjab

Juniors
It will be interesting to see if he hopefully just slips off into obscurity as he deserves or does get a gig doing something
Either a water boy for a port Kembla park team or with his mates at fox
They can put up under his name as they do with those guys (andrew Johns 2 x premiership winner ) except For Mary Mcgrgregor , longest serving and worst coach in SGI history
And I’ll have to adjust my post on commentators I hate the most

I was just going to say that towards the end of days at the press conferences, very little was being asked and answered about the game itself.

It was usually a question about an individual player or when smuckles gets back from injury.

Because the side had just dished up another shiz sandwich, much of it self-induced under Marys guidance. Players dropping balls, Hunt refusing to run, missed tackles everywhere, players in the wrong position, no sustained pressure, no threatening six tackle option, often murdered up the middle with all the resilience of a carpet snake at a car wash.

This was life under Mary. He got away with it for years. He was right about “ rookies again” that was self evident in the nines when cam and Sims got wiped out.

He even claimed a historic victory when the luckless Montoya dropped that ball. Finals footy hey Mary?’

It will be interesting to see if he hopefully just slips off into obscurity as he deserves or does get a gig doing something
Either a water boy for a port Kembla park team or with his mates at fox
They can put up under his name as they do with those guys (andrew Johns 2 x premiership winner ) except For Mary Mcgrgregor , longest serving and worst coach in SGI history
And I’ll have to adjust my post on commentators I hate the most

People like Mary, sick in mind and half brain dead, they need to stay relevant. They need to be in everyone’s faces and tell us how they great they are.

He has absolutely no idea he was the most despised coach in the nrl.

People would cross the road when they saw him in case they had to talk to him.

Even us lowly filth from other clubs thought he was mad and we don’t have any skin in the game.

I suppose no matter how f**ked we were, at least we didn’t have Mary. That safety net for us is done and dusted lol.

blacksafake

First Grade
People like Mary, sick in mind and half brain dead, they need to stay relevant. They need to be in everyone’s faces and tell us how they great they are.

He has absolutely no idea he was the most despised coach in the nrl.

People would cross the road when they saw him in case they had to talk to him.

Even us lowly filth from other clubs thought he was mad and we don’t have any skin in the game.

I suppose no matter how f**ked we were, at least we didn’t have Mary. That safety net for us is done and dusted lol.
He’s probably telling anyone who listens that he’s the one who got Ramsey ready for his debut :rolling_eyes:

He’s probably telling anyone who listens that he’s the one who got Ramsey ready for his debut :rolling_eyes:

Mary will tell us he spotted him in a pre school child care centre catching high bombs put up by child care workers.

He no doubt thinks he has a book or two in him about elite coaching.

Perhaps a paid website, where other coaches can subscribe and get a free game plan along with his invaluable press conference tips.

The platinum pass will get you his “ board management skills” where he is the undoubted goat, but given the talent on your board, it’s not a high bar.

Having said that, his autobiography “Mary-the untold story” is bound to make publishers and bookshops very nervous about return on investment.

$3 special by the afternoon of release. Two sales, one to me and one to your eminent poster @Dragon David for laughs.

Mjab

Juniors
Mary will tell us he spotted him in a pre school child care centre catching high bombs put up by child care workers.

He no doubt thinks he has a book or two in him about elite coaching.

Perhaps a paid website, where other coaches can subscribe and get a free game plan along with his invaluable press conference tips.

The platinum pass will get you his “ board management skills” where he is the undoubted goat, but given the talent on your board, it’s not a high bar.

Having said that, his autobiography “Mary-the untold story” is bound to make publishers and bookshops very nervous about return on investment.

$3 special by the afternoon of release. Two sales, one to me and one to your eminent poster @Dragon David for laughs.
hopefully it will be written on toilet paper so its easier to flush

luckily it will only need a few sheets as it is Dragons footy power game tactics , plus career coaching highlights
plus no plan B so should fit on 2 sheets id say, if he writes large with a crayon

When you think about it, given the cattle in the squad last year, it took a real effort from Mary to screw that season up so badly.

By the law of averages, even in the worst case scenario, loitering around the bottom of the eight would have been underachieving.

This year, the club finally lost control of the Mary experiment.

He single handedly defiled and denigrated every resource provided to him.

Even Issac Luke wanted out to play with the f**king Broncos. That’s just humiliating.

This is what poor Hook has to unravel, he will need time.

Mjab

Juniors
When you think about it, given the cattle in the squad last year, it took a real effort from Mary to screw that season up so badly.

By the law of averages, even in the worst case scenario, loitering around the bottom of the eight would have been underachieving.

This year, the club finally lost control of the Mary experiment.

He single handedly defiled and denigrated every resource provided to him.

Even Issac Luke wanted out to play with the f**king Broncos. That’s just humiliating.

This is what poor Hook has to unravel, he will need time.

yeah fully agree
I hadn’t actually thought of the Luke thing in that way , yes pretty funny

I was just glad to be rid of him

I was just thinking today about how f**king depressing it would be if they had not sacked the peanut
Thank god they did

I have no great expectations for next year
Pleased to be rid Mary
Kick some players in the arse and move on deadwood
Bring thru some promising juniors
Play some more attractive footy and I’m happy for next year
Get at least close eight and if we r lucky scrape in

that would be a great year to me

SAP58

Juniors
Sack Macgregor from the Matty John's show - please
Totally agree, cannot understand why they had him on again. Had to laugh when Fletch asked what do they look for when you are interviewed for the head coaching role. Our former head coach struggled to give a sensible answer that showed any credible coaching knowledge, no surprise there. He finally came out with some dribble that he use to trot out in his after match press conferences.

Latest posts