What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's new CEO

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol your insane hatred makes you post the most idiotic stuff .
Who is this majority on here who suspect what you claim .?
Try to be rational for once .
Just because you hate someone doesn't mean everyone else has the same stupid thoughts .

"As is most suspect " V'lad is the puppet master.LOL.
Proving once again @ You have zero idea of what most suspect, talk about arrogance.Completed a survey Oz wide?

lol this website is literally full of commentary from people who think Vlad pulls the strings at NRLHQ. If you think its a good thing or a bad thing he has so much power as chairman is another thing.
you'd have to be pretty stupid not to have seen a common thread of people saying Vlad is in control. Ding ding the pair of you.
Abdo the obvious choice given he has a good relationship with Vlad, and what Vlad wants Vlad gets. At least we didnt waste time and money seeing if there were better candidates interested lol.
I doubt we have seen many $550million a year companies appoint a CEO without going to market???
For the record I am hopeful he can do a good job, especially during these financially trying times. But like everything Vlad does, the process is highly dubious but people dont seem to care, until they do.

lol this website is literally full of commentary from people who think Vlad pulls the strings at NRLHQ. If you think its a good thing or a bad thing he has so much power as chairman is another thing.
you'd have to be pretty stupid not to have seen a common thread of people saying Vlad is in control. Ding ding the pair of you.
Abdo the obvious choice given he has a good relationship with Vlad, and what Vlad wants Vlad gets. At least we didnt waste time and money seeing if there were better candidates interested lol.
I doubt we have seen many $550million a year companies appoint a CEO without going to market???
For the record I am hopeful he can do a good job, especially during these financially trying times. But like everything Vlad does, the process is highly dubious but people dont seem to care, until they do.
Blah blah
Vlad bad
Blah blah
VLad bad
Blah blah
Vlad bad
For the record your incessant anti Vlad rants are hilarious .
He could get a 400 billion tv deal & you'd still be a whiney bitch about it .
Lol
& I love how when you can't answer a question after you have ranted that you just move onto another thread with the same tiresome crap

Perth Red

Post Whore
Blah blah
Vlad bad
Blah blah
VLad bad
Blah blah
Vlad bad
For the record your incessant anti Vlad rants are hilarious .
He could get a 400 billion tv deal & you'd still be a whiney bitch about it .
Lol
& I love how when you can't answer a question after you have ranted that you just move onto another thread with the same tiresome crap

As usual you totally avoid any sensible debate on the subject matter at hand and cant help but waste your time focusing on me. Its somewhat flattering but everyone else must be very bored of it.
How about you actually add something to the conversation for a change?
Tell us do you think Vlad is pulling the strings at NRLHQ?
Do you think Abdo is a good choice?
Do you think it was wise of the NRL to appoint a CEO without going to market?

I'm presuming your not 12 years old so here's an opportunity to see if you can actually add something to this conversation without ranting about me lol.

As usual you totally avoid any sensible debate on the subject matter at hand and cant help but waste your time focusing on me. Its somewhat flattering but everyone else must be very bored of it.
How about you actually add something to the conversation for a change?
Tell us do you think Vlad is pulling the strings at NRLHQ?
Do you think Abdo is a good choice?
Do you think it was wise of the NRL to appoint a CEO without going to market?

I'm presuming your not 12 years old so here's an opportunity to see if you can actually add something to this conversation without ranting about me lol.
Lol you ask me questions but won't or can't answer any I've asked you after the incessant rants about the tv deal .
Go into that's thread & tell me as I & others have asked ...
What were the other media companies interested in buying the rights .
You were very vocal repeatedly vocal about Vlad not considering them .
Yet won't post which companies they were .
Off ya go
You can't expect me to answer questions if you won't .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol you ask me questions but won't or can't answer any I've asked you after the incessant rants about the tv deal .
Go into that's thread & tell me as I & others have asked ...
What were the other media companies interested in buying the rights .
You were very vocal repeatedly vocal about Vlad not considering them .
Yet won't post which companies they were .
Off ya go
You can't expect me to answer questions if you won't .

Oh well, I tried.
This a thread about the CEO, Ive shared my thoughts on the Fox extension with you in the Tv deal thread.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Abdo was on NRL 360 and he reckons the game will have a 25-30% decline in revenue this year. They are cutting $80 million this year at hq and hoping to cut $50 million per year from next year and beyond.

With new CEO appointments, you'd hope for the best, not just for the individual, but for the game itself. Anyway time will tell if Abdo makes a difference or not.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Abdo was on NRL 360 and he reckons the game will have a 25-30% decline in revenue this year. They are cutting $80 million this year at hq and hoping to cut $50 million per year from next year and beyond.

With new CEO appointments, you'd hope for the best, not just for the individual, but for the game itself. Anyway time will tell if Abdo makes a difference or not.

Need to be careful about saying its cuts to NRLHQ, makes it sound like it is all corporate cost cuts when in reality it is likely going to be right across the games expense areas. We've already seen cuts in football operations in terms of ref cost reduction and the reveiw of salary cap is likely to be mirrored by cuts in club grants. We dont know the cuts to grassroot programs and state leagues yet.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Aren't you a little cynical how this has played out? Aren't you curious that the CEO is now part of the previous management that "mismanaged" the game. Who were the other contenders.

V'landys and Abdo taking over has been the agenda since before Covid hit.

blue bags

First Grade
Former NRL boss Greenberg lands top cricket job

Former NRL boss Todd Greenberg is expected to be unveiled as the new chief executive of the Australian Cricketers Association.

A report from the Daily Telegraph claims an official announcement will be made today by the ACA.

Greenberg will replace outgoing CEO Alastair Nicholson and brings valuable experience to the role having previously worked as boss of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs along with his role at the NRL.

Sydney Morning Herald added that a board meeting was held on Monday morning where Greenberg’s appointment was confirmed.

Along with his previous roles with the Bulldogs and NRL, Greenberg also is a former first-grade cricketer in Sydney with deep knowledge of the game.

Greenberg told 2GB’s The Continuous Call Team last year he was keeping his options open after resigning as NRL boss.

“I’ve had a couple of calls this week actually,” he said at the time.

“The best advice I got was don’t say yes to anything and don’t say no

“Just take your time, reset, have a good break and then you can decide what you want to do next.

“I’ve got some unbelievable experiences out of the game and I’ve met some unbelievably great people and I’ve learnt a lot too.

“I don’t think I’ve always got it right. I don’t think every decision that you look back through the prism of hindsight tells you you got it right, but you learn a lot and I’ve still got a long way to go to continue to learn.

“I spent a fair chuck of my career in sports administration and the key in sport is about stakeholders and trying to engage with various types of people.

“In a job like the NRL or even the Bulldogs, one minute you can be speaking to a die hard fan who just is so passionate about their team, and the next minute you could be talking to the Prime Minister.

“It has a variety of different challenges but that’s also what makes working in sport so fundamentally good because it’s such a challenge.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...o/news-story/7a2349a0d4aedac3e6fed73768821f5e

axl rose

Bench

Former NRL boss Todd Greenberg is expected to be unveiled as the new chief executive of the Australian Cricketers Association.

A report from the Daily Telegraph claims an official announcement will be made today by the ACA.

Greenberg will replace outgoing CEO Alastair Nicholson and brings valuable experience to the role having previously worked as boss of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs along with his role at the NRL.

Sydney Morning Herald added that a board meeting was held on Monday morning where Greenberg’s appointment was confirmed.

Along with his previous roles with the Bulldogs and NRL, Greenberg also is a former first-grade cricketer in Sydney with deep knowledge of the game.

Greenberg told 2GB’s The Continuous Call Team last year he was keeping his options open after resigning as NRL boss.

“Just take your time, reset, have a good break and then you can decide what you want to do next.

“I’ve got some unbelievable experiences out of the game and I’ve met some unbelievably great people and I’ve learnt a lot too.

“I don’t think I’ve always got it right. I don’t think every decision that you look back through the prism of hindsight tells you you got it right, but you learn a lot and I’ve still got a long way to go to continue to learn.

“I spent a fair chuck of my career in sports administration and the key in sport is about stakeholders and trying to engage with various types of people.

“In a job like the NRL or even the Bulldogs, one minute you can be speaking to a die hard fan who just is so passionate about their team, and the next minute you could be talking to the Prime Minister.

“It has a variety of different challenges but that’s also what makes working in sport so fundamentally good because it’s such a challenge.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...o/news-story/7a2349a0d4aedac3e6fed73768821f5e
Should have followed in Gallops footsteps to the A- league. Where no-one cares about the sport or your incompetence.

Diesel

Referee
Scotty Morrison is about to get an eyeballing for his Australia Day/January 26 comment and another one if the team do t get vaccinated before the tour of South Australia

Diesel

Referee

If nothing else, good on him for getting the top job for a sport he probably likes more than any other