What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
I do also wish him the best.Disappointed that we lost Luciano Leilua also.He offered to me good attacking skills.Watched him in junior league when he was in his teens.Tracking down to the Gong daily seems to be a bit of a grind for the young ones.Would like to see more of the Polynesian boys play with the Dragons.

SAP58

Juniors
I'd take Georgallis before Young. Least he has had proven success in reserve grade.
Has Young even coached reggies yet....Na.
Parachuted into co coaching role for Under 20's with Ben Hornby. No great success there either
Sorry... for me, no runs on the board for Young ..yet
I agree his selections, or lack thereof in the past couple of weeks have been puzzling. You may get your wish as The Daily Telegraph reports Todd Payton & Madge are keen to have Young as their Assistant.

Mjab

Juniors
Sir Lancelot why are the dragons are not popular, I thought the dragons during the 60’s with ApisaiToga and his brother were the first club to have Polynesia footy players what’s changed
Where was Johnny Fifita from ?
A fan fav
Always had a big smile when he broke through
I think some people used to call him a smiling assassin

Mjab

Juniors
I agree his selections, or lack thereof in the past couple of weeks have been puzzling. You may get your wish as The Daily Telegraph reports Todd Payton & Madge are keen to have Young as their Assistant.
Come on phantom
Do us a fav and get him across to the Tigers FFS
He can toughen up your defence

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Where was Johnny Fifita from ?
A fan fav
Always had a big smile when he broke through
I think some people used to call him a smiling assassin
Your right I forgot about Johnny from Fiji like Apisai who was the first Fijian player to in the NSWRL. It brings back memories

BLM01

First Grade
Happy with the decision with Griffin but would of loved Todd Payten if they chose him or Fitzy as the only ones to take a punt on a rookie. I like his style and demeanour and a couple of lads who play for us who played under him when he was coaching the Tigs Under 20' rave about him.
Strange though that our Deano would contemplate learning his trade under a rookie
I dont think Deano would leave (but should to get out of the safety net)
Might be his manager pushing for a salary increase?...similar to the supposed clubs circling Mary last year.
Speaking of Mary (for the last time) where are those clubs now, since he has more time to read his book of coaching philosophies, offering opinions now of the Dragons and of other clubs in the media as a new sought after media expert commentator (cough cough) and reminding all and sundry he has unfinished business in coaching and even spruiking he would take an assistants job!! (if he can lower himself..more likely if he is even ever offered that is doubtful in this country at NRL or State Cup level)

SAP58

Juniors
Happy with the decision with Griffin but would of loved Todd Payten if they chose him or Fitzy as the only ones to take a punt on a rookie. I like his style and demeanour and a couple of lads who play for us who played under him when he was coaching the Tigs Under 20' rave about him.
Strange though that our Deano would contemplate learning his trade under a rookie
I dont think Deano would leave (but should to get out of the safety net)
Might be his manager pushing for a salary increase?...similar to the supposed clubs circling Mary last year.
Speaking of Mary (for the last time) where are those clubs now, since he has more time to read his book of coaching philosophies, offering opinions now of the Dragons and of other clubs in the media as a new sought after media expert commentator (cough cough) and reminding all and sundry he has unfinished business in coaching and even spruiking he would take an assistants job!! (if he can lower himself..more likely if he is even ever offered that is doubtful in this country at NRL or State Cup level)
English Super League for this super (cough cough) coach ! Maybe that is where Young should head to get more experience as well. They could offer themselves as a dynamic duo with a 30% win record !

Unsainty79

Juniors
Heard last night that Young has requested a release from final year of contract. Knocked back, Griffin desperate to keep Young, but won’t be held against his will - Griffin to try and convince him to remain.

Young been sounded out by Tigers, Chooks and Raiders. While Bennett also keen to work with him at Broncos in 21 - not sure in what capacity.

Flanagan also wanted by Chooks and Dogs, but Robinson’s first preference is Young.

Gentle to Titans.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Heard last night that Young has requested a release from final year of contract. Knocked back, Griffin desperate to keep Young, but won’t be held against his will - Griffin to try and convince him to remain.

Young been sounded out by Tigers, Chooks and Raiders. While Bennett also keen to work with him at Broncos in 21 - not sure in what capacity.

Flanagan also wanted by Chooks and Dogs, but Robinson’s first preference is Young.

Gentle to Titans.
Would love Young to work under Robbo for a few years then rejoin us when Hooks time is up. I can’t see him ever being their head coach with Fitzy waiting so eventually he will be looking for a job. I’m worried he may poach players though...

redVinme

Juniors
Would love Young to work under Robbo for a few years then rejoin us when Hooks time is up. I can’t see him ever being their head coach with Fitzy waiting so eventually he will be looking for a job. I’m worried he may poach players though...

Meh who are they gonna poach that would make their team better. Hardly anyone.

I'd love young to leave.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Maybe missing out on the Dragons job was finally the eye opener he needs. Realisation that his 'experience' is severly lacking and if he has ambitions of being a HC he needs to explore different systems and set ups.
Hook may give him new coaching ideas, however, it would be within the same set up he's been with most of his playing and coaching career.

Add to this, experience 'away' will also negate the nepotistic cries if he returns to coach us in the future.

Mjab

Juniors
Re Rava

I can’t see any real down side in giving him a trial at centre instead of turnstile

not in shitty trial games or preseason training

Give him a go in these last few weeks Against real opposition and see how he goes he could be a real handful , if not at least we know and move on with that knowledge

he can’t be worse than turnstile

Maddragon99

Juniors

Gentle to Titans.

I think Young’s value is dropping every week. We were diabolical against Canberra today.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I think Young’s value is dropping every week. We were diabolical against Canberra today.
I don’t think so Maddragon99. The RL world won’t judge Young on these last games. Despite what some disolutional journalists think, our roster is pretty lightweight particularly with injuries. Were a young growing team that made heaps of mistakes and probably looking forward to getting out of the Covid bubble up against a slick hardened first grade side. They’ll forget in time.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I don’t think so Maddragon99. The RL world won’t judge Young on these last games. Despite what some disolutional journalists think, our roster is pretty lightweight particularly with injuries. Were a young growing team that made heaps of mistakes and probably looking forward to getting out of the Covid bubble up against a slick hardened first grade side. They’ll forget in time.
Yeah you are absolutely right. They have lost their coach, the season is gone and Canberra isn’t really a rivalry game so there was nothing to play for other than pride which wears thin when you have been in a bubble for six months and are carrying injuries. They would now have their minds firmly set on quaffing down schooners in a nice pub somewhere.

Latest posts