What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals.

John Hamblin

Juniors
It's a fair point. The only question left to answer for 2020 is can they go toe to toe with the best teams who know how to go up a level for finals football.

We having been playing semi final football all year. Get into the grind limit the opposition metres gained, good kicking game. No panic . Second best defence, good halves, outside backs who can take advantage of oportunities. Healthy roster and good depth. We are as ready as we can be. GO PANTHERS!!!

Jane Murray

Bench
We having been playing semi final football all year. Get into the grind limit the opposition metres gained, good kicking game. No panic . Second best defence, good halves, outside backs who can take advantage of oportunities. Healthy roster and good depth. We are as ready as we can be. GO PANTHERS!!!

And we have, in fact, some finals experience. We also have players, who have played in the grand finals.

WestyLife

First Grade

I love the optimism and love of the club.

That said we've played probably a top 2 season (so far) in the club's history yet are against individual players who have more games and more BIG game experience than most of our roster. Cameron Smith on his own has more games, more finals and more rep games than our entire spine combined. Keary is a 3 time premiership winner, Tedesco known as the best player in the game right now and 2 time premiership winner.

franklin2323

Immortal
I love the optimism and love of the club.

That said we've played probably a top 2 season (so far) in the club's history yet are against individual players who have more games and more BIG game experience than most of our roster. Cameron Smith on his own has more games, more finals and more rep games than our entire spine combined. Keary is a 3 time premiership winner, Tedesco known as the best player in the game right now and 2 time premiership winner.

The rookies have atleast won comps in juniors. So that is good for them turning up and playing our best. If do that we win

Andy_P

Juniors

Kilkenny

Coach
Eels really need to win there last two games to secure 4th spot as I expect Canberra to win both there games and they have a better for & against the the Eels.

Panther Pete

Juniors
It’s generally accepted the finals are like a whole new competition starting over again. I have massive concerns our young guys (Chrichton, Naden, To’o, Luai) will be overwhelmed in the big games. That is a stark contrast to the Roosters who are there every year, Storm and even Raiders who played in the GF last year.

Kilkenny

Coach
panthers prefer raiders than eels , maybe

At the end of the day you have to beat whomever you come up against. If I had a choice my personal preference would be to play the Eels in Week 1. I think our spine is better (and forward pack/bench) and if we are anywhere near our best we beat them. The Raiders I see as more dangerous opponents accross the board and have a genuine match winner in Jack Weighton who just seem to be hitting top gear since we beat them comfortably a few weeks back. At the same time I don’t think we are currently playing at anywhere near the level of the Roosters, we are going to have to improve considerably to get to where they are currently.

Panther Pete

Juniors
At the end of the day you have to beat whomever you come up against. If I had a choice my personal preference would be to play the Eels in Week 1. I think our spine is better (and forward pack/bench) and if we are anywhere near our best we beat them. The Raiders I see as more dangerous opponents accross the board and have a genuine match winner in Jack Weighton who just seem to be hitting top gear since we beat them comfortably a few weeks back. At the same time I don’t think we are currently playing at anywhere near the level of the Roosters, we are going to have to improve considerably to get to where they are currently.
I agree with everything you have written.

Alintheeast

Juniors
The advantage we will have is that this year the Grand Final will be at ANZ with 10k fans in attendance and who knows what the half time show will be. It will be much like a Bulldogs home game not the high pressure environment of past years.

Kilkenny

Coach
The advantage we will have is that this year the Grand Final will be at ANZ with 10k fans in attendance and who knows what the half time show will be. It will be much like a Bulldogs home game not the high pressure environment of past years.

I am confident our common sense State Government will step up and allow 50% capacity assuming there are no significant spikes in infections in the next month. Our own Glady Berejiklian has demonstrated far greater leadership than the knuckleads in Qld & Victoria and I am confident she will make the right call for GF day assuming as I say there is no significant upward spike.

Latest posts