What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R19 Fri - Cowboys 12-32 Panthers @ QCBS

Round 19: Cowboys v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 19
North Queensland Cowboys v Penrith Panthers
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, South Townsville
Friday 18 September 2020

Kickoff 6pm - Fox

TL-NQL20a.png

1. Valentine Holmes 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Murray Taulagi 4. Esan Marsters 5. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Jake Clifford 8. Corey Jensen 9. Reuben Cotter 10. Jordan McLean 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Mitchell Dunn 13. Francis Molo
Interchange: 14. Daejarn Asi 15. Emry Pere 16. Tom Gilbert 17. Ben Condon 18. Jason Taumalolo 19. Jake Granville 20. Peter Hola 21. Ben Hampton

TL-PEN20a.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Brent Naden 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Tyrone May 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Kurt Capewell 17. Jack Hetherington 18. Dean Whare 19. Billy Burns 20. Matt Burton 21. Charlie Staines

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Drew Oultram
Video Referees: Steve Clark

Last edited by a moderator:

GongPanther

Referee
Got a feeling we rest Tamou, Fisher-Harris and maybe Kikau/Martin for this clash, although we need this win for the MP and wait till the Dogs game to give the players a break. Us by a FG after 9:55 mins of extra time.

Got a feeling we rest Tamou, Fisher-Harris and maybe Kikau/Martin for this clash, although we need this win for the MP and wait till the Dogs game to give the players a break. Us by a FG after 9:55 mins of extra time.

I’ve looked at the side, I can only endorse 4 maybe 5 of your run on squad worth risking in the match plus the interchange.

Everyone else is probably better served enjoying a relaxing group night out. A kayak paddle down the Nepean with torches, then as a small reward, an hour or two at the club repairing, $50 each to play the machines. A few shandys but no getting shitfaced. Any unlikely winnings to charity.

A break from footy, a de-smugging of sorts, would do a world of good for the players approaching an intense finals series facing an intense and horrific quantum of pressure and expectation.

All hell is going to break loose on them psychologically if they fail to smash their way through the finals. You’d break up the side over the off season.

Gus says they are having fun, but underneath, they are as intense and anxious as everyone else.

An amazing run for sure. Are they the best side of all time? They don’t appear to be on paper, but I think they may have an arguable case.

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
It's worth a 100k. The smug board will expect a win. Big responsibility on the players filling in, to get the job done.

The_Frog

First Grade
An amazing run for sure. Are they the best side of all time? They don’t appear to be on paper, but I think they may have an arguable case.
As I was saying in another thread, how do you measure these things? By percentage of wins? On that measure we're the highest since 1959 but that would change with one loss. But even that isn't conclusive. Many/most would say we are inferior to the current Roosters. Maybe the Storm too, despite having beaten them both. They are guessing. Only on the field can you tell, and even that isn't conclusive, but its about as good as you're going to get.

As I was saying in another thread, how do you measure these things? By percentage of wins? On that measure we're the highest since 1959 but that would change with one loss. But even that isn't conclusive. Many/most would say we are inferior to the current Roosters. Maybe the Storm too, despite having beaten them both. They are guessing. Only on the field can you tell, and even that isn't conclusive, but its about as good as you're going to get.

Yeah, i can’t think of a better measure than actual results because that factors in so many variables.

Other sides may have better individuals ( ie the panthers aren’t the kangaroo side) but as a team, all things being equal, every team faced with similar issues and the cap etc, they must be the best in my own living memory.

Even if they somehow blow the finals, they still have a place in league history.

I think that’s just an inescapable fact. Whether anybody is death riding or is nasty about them or whatever. Facts don’t lie.

It’s fun to drag in the smug allegation, but it’s a complement too.

Not being a panther fan I’m neutral, but I won’t begrudge you fans your day in the sun. What will be will be.

Nothing I say applies to Ivan. He still sucks and his grubby, selfish and bastardised betrayal of the Tigers will never be forgiven.

Players win games!

Last edited:

Latest posts