What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals.

Blade23

Juniors
It’s generally accepted the finals are like a whole new competition starting over again. I have massive concerns our young guys (Chrichton, Naden, To’o, Luai) will be overwhelmed in the big games. That is a stark contrast to the Roosters who are there every year, Storm and even Raiders who played in the GF last year.

It is a new comp but like the 2003 team, this team has the same attitude. They are a tight group who don't care that they keep getting written off.
They ignore all the outside chatter and get on with the job.

I see a bit of Sharks 2015 in them. A long winning streak, amazing line speed, and players staying together when they defend. A team so hungry for a premiership.
Melbourne and Roosters have experience but we have the one area they don't. Hunger. Hunger because we have been there for awhile. You can see the desperation in them at times to succeed.
Sometimes that can be the difference.

Panther Pete

Juniors
It is a new comp but like the 2003 team, this team has the same attitude. They are a tight group who don't care that they keep getting written off.
They ignore all the outside chatter and get on with the job.

I see a bit of Sharks 2015 in them. A long winning streak, amazing line speed, and players staying together when they defend. A team so hungry for a premiership.
Melbourne and Roosters have experience but we have the one area they don't. Hunger. Hunger because we have been there for awhile. You can see the desperation in them at times to succeed.
Sometimes that can be the difference.
I appreciate this post and all the info you bring to this forum.

GongPanther

Referee
Kent, Hooper and Slothful can get stuffed.
I would rather listen to honest opinions from people that have played the game.
Rothfield for the most part was right behind us tonight, as was Cooper. Kent was having 50 cents for the a loss, and $100 a win. :)

But as it was, there was more talk about Parras failings over the past few months then Penrith's meteroic rise. Coops pointed out that Parra won like 7 out of their first 8 matches. Now, they are attacking and defensively one of, if not the worse in the top 8.

But anyway, like everyone says, the players don't give a flying fig about the negative press, (if any at all) and I simply watch NRL 360 and give out the occasional LOL! whilst that lot fall over each others tongues..

Jane Murray

Bench
Noticed Kent making excuses for the Roosters losing a game six months ago. World club challenge, etc. He should have just said that was 6 months ago.

I can understand what's happening. Rugby League media are desperately conservative. They cannot countenance things changing.

I didn't see that, as I had things to do. I can imagine. The Roosters have a unfair advantage, and his name is Sonny Bill Williams. Our club has had its fair share of injuries, i.e Dylan, Dean and Brian, being out for extended periods. We have juniors who are NRL ready. That's the difference.

blue bags

First Grade
Eels really need to win there last two games to secure 4th spot as I expect Canberra to win both there games and they have a better for & against the the Eels.
Match Overview
Parramatta remain undefeated in 2020 after they laid on three successive tries in a matter of minutes to record a stunning come from behind win over the Panthers at Bankwest Stadium tonight.

With the Panthers leading 10-0 in the 64th minute, it was former Panther Waqa Blake who came back to haunt his former side, when he produced a devastating fend on opposite Stephen Crichton to score the Eels first try. Blake didn't stop there, stepping past Crichton minutes later and then finding his skipper Clint Gutherson who raced away to tie the game up late in the second half.

Parramatta then kicked clear when Eels half Mitch Moses kicked ahead with the Panthers on the backfoot. The kick produced a horror bounce for Panthers fullback Caleb Aekins and into the arms of Ryan Matterson who slid over to score and secure a superb win for Parramatta over their local rivals.

It was a disappointing loss for the Panthers who looked in control after the hour mark and then saw their 10-0 lead evaporate in a matter of minutes. The loss was further compounded by the loss of backrower Kurt Capewell who left the field in the first set of six with a suspected medial ligament injury.

With both sides looking to take the lead on the NRL ladder, the Battle of the West was a huge clash for both sides and as expected the game then turned into a see-sawing affair, with both number seven's in Nathan Cleary and Mitchell Moses launching some monstrous high kicks early which were keeping each sides respective back three on their toes.

After both sides were denied tries due to interference on defenders from attacking kicks, which saw both the Eels' Ryan Matterson and Panthers' Dean Whare denied early tries. It was the visitors who struck first, when newly re-signed Panther winger Brian To'o collected a wayward Caleb Aekins pass off his bootlaces to step past his opposite Maika Sivo and carry three more Eels defenders over the line to score the first try of the match. Cleary missed his first conversion of the year from out wide and Penrith led 4-0.

Off the back of a penalty against Moses for a high shot on Panthers' rookie Crichton, Penrith scored on the left-hand side after Jerome Luai and Cleary combined to allow the rookie centre to exact some revenge by putting his muscle-bound winger Josh Mansour over to score. Cleary converted to give his side a 10-0 lead at halftime.

The arm wrestle continued after the break, as the Eels did their best to power their way through the Panthers middle. A penalty from Panthers prop James Fisher-Harris then sparked the Eels, when the firebrand prop took Eels lock Nathan Brown off the ball when chasing a kick. Off the ensuing play former Panther Blake, managed to produce a huge fend on his opposite Crichton to open the scoring. This sparked two more Eels tries, with both Blake and Nathan Brown featuring with some decisive runs and from seemingly out of nowhere the Eels were in control.

The Eels had a chance to ice the game when Moses had a golden opportunity missing a late field goal to give his side the win, however Parramatta defended a late Panthers onslaught to secure their best start to a season since they last won the competition in 1986.

Next week the Eels have the ultimate challenge when they face the defending premiers, the Roosters at Bankwest Stadium next Saturday night in what will no doubt be the game of the round. Penrith also face a tough match up when they play the Melbourne Storm at Campbelltown Sports Ground next Friday night.

3. Waqa Blake
Grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck sparking his side with a try and then an assist for his skipper Gutherson to give his side the momentum to go on and win the game.

2. Nathan Brown
Worked his backside off all night and along with Blake sparked his side in attack with some direct running. Made a huge difference to the Eels tonight.

1. Isaah Yeo
Absolutely relentless in both attack and defence in the middle for the Panthers, Has proved a revelation for his side since switching to lock.
pantherz bogey team EELZ

https://leagueunlimited.com/live-update/show/2384/17326

Whino

Bench
And these posts prove why you don't watch Panel shows

That is why I don't watch those shows anymore. I stopped watching 360 & controversy corner mid last year. I understand they are there to give opinions and stir up trouble but one gets so sick and tired of the negativity. Anyone would think the game was on its knees the way they carry on.
Once I stopped watching last year I noticed a change on my mood. I felt more happier.

franklin2323

Immortal
That is why I don't watch those shows anymore. I stopped watching 360 & controversy corner mid last year. I understand they are there to give opinions and stir up trouble but one gets so sick and tired of the negativity. Anyone would think the game was on its knees the way they carry on.
Once I stopped watching last year I noticed a change on my mood. I felt more happier.

Yeah they do what they do for a reason. All these shows are about the clicks

The_Frog

First Grade
Parramatta remain undefeated in 2020 after they laid on three successive tries in a matter of minutes to record a stunning come from behind win over the Panthers at Bankwest Stadium tonight.
Why are you coming on Panthers forum and posting match reports of the club's only defeat this season, not only in one, but in multiple threads? This is odd behaviour in anyone's language.

WestyLife

First Grade
Just watched it. I thought Kent had a point. We are yet to see if the team can go with a full strength Roosters/Storm playing their best football. Kent also said it's not a knock on the club having done everything asked of them so far since we don't pick the draw.