What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Hoofhearted

Juniors
James Tamou signs two-year deal with Wests Tigers
Panthers prop James Tamou had been weighing-up an offer from St George Illawarra, but has knocked back the approach to link with another Sydney club.

David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
|
September 15, 2020 1:53pm

similars

Wests Tigers have finally landed a major scalp with the signing of former Test and premiership-winning prop James Tamou.

The leader of Penrith’s pack, Tamou has agreed to join the Tigers on a two-year deal, which is expected to be formally announced within the next 48 hours.

Hugely respected both on and off the field, Tamou’s experience and success at the highest level of the game will be pivotal to the Tigers desperate ambition to be considered a premiership force.

With 263-games worth of NRL experience, Tamou can reach the 300-club with the Tigers, having made his debut for North Queensland in 2009.

The 2015 premiership-winning prop with the Cowboys is an important and relieving signing for the Tigers who have missed out recently on Latrell Mitchell, Kurt Capewell, Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson and Matt Moylan.

With Penrith’s focus on retaining their rich young crop of talent, Tamou had been weighing-up an offer from St George Illawarra, but knocked back the approach to link with the Tigers.

Tigerm

First Grade
Panthers prop James Tamou had been weighing-up an offer from St George Illawarra, but has knocked back the approach to link with another Sydney club.

Subscriber only
|

similars

Wests Tigers have finally landed a major scalp with the signing of former Test and premiership-winning prop James Tamou.

The leader of Penrith’s pack, Tamou has agreed to join the Tigers on a two-year deal, which is expected to be formally announced within the next 48 hours.

Hugely respected both on and off the field, Tamou’s experience and success at the highest level of the game will be pivotal to the Tigers desperate ambition to be considered a premiership force.

With 263-games worth of NRL experience, Tamou can reach the 300-club with the Tigers, having made his debut for North Queensland in 2009.

The 2015 premiership-winning prop with the Cowboys is an important and relieving signing for the Tigers who have missed out recently on Latrell Mitchell, Kurt Capewell, Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson and Matt Moylan.

With Penrith’s focus on retaining their rich young crop of talent, Tamou had been weighing-up an offer from St George Illawarra, but knocked back the approach to link with the Tigers.
Very good, one to go.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tamoa is indeed a major scalp for us. Will he be the best forward on the field? Maybe. Will he consistently get the most run metres? Probably not.

Will he change the attitude of our forward pack and be the man the young fellas look to when the game is on the line and they need a boost in confidence? f**k yes.

Das Hassler

Bench
Ive long been a bit luke warm on Tamoa but he's really hardened up this year and works hard. ...a great signing on a number of levels. ..2 years is good as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
Channel 7 news was stating that the club has offered Benji a coaching role? It was unclear if he was going to accept it though.

gordsy

Juniors
For those who think we some how owe Benji another year or two, why ?
Yes we should have told him better but we owe him nothing.

WA Tiger

Bench

Subscriber only
|

similars

Unbelievable really ..and Tamou challenges refs bad calls - That's a bonus

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I often wonder where “unknown” disappeared to..I doubt he just decided to stop posting..although it’s possible....also possible he got into some kind of trouble..Although I really hope not
He struck/strikes me as a young fella with a zest for life, a busy social calendar, a high intelligence a nice guy..and having a high level of knowledge on a range of league topics.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
For those who think we some how owe Benji another year or two, why ?
Yes we should have told him better but we owe him nothing.

I saw this and didn't respond and I see no one did. I assume that basically no one thinks we owe Benji. I'm not concerned one little bit about how we told Benji.

Latest posts