What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Storm @ Sunshine Coast Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Storm v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
I remember a cold winter night at Leichhardt when it was a big win, must have been 8 years ago or more.

Last round 2012. We got flogged

We did beat them there in 2004 and 2006 from memory.

I think thats the 2013 game in pouring rain at Leichhardt when we beat them 22-4. Simona scores 2 length of the field tries

we beat them in 07/09/10/12/13/15/18 (x2)

their last 4 wins over us have all been by less then 10

They’ve always had trouble with us

Last edited:

Front-Rower

First Grade
I think thats the 2013 game in pouring rain at Leichhardt when we beat them 22-4. Simona scores 2 length of the field tries

we beat them in 07/09/10/12/13/15/18 (x2)

their last 4 wins over us have all been by less then 10

They’ve always had trouble with us

True. The 2012 game at Leichhardt though was high stakes. Win and we were in but we folded. Benji scored our sole try though that night so not all was lost lol

Looking at the team for that game it actually surprises me how bad it was. Rowdy at 5/8th, Beau Ryan in the centres, Tom Humble on the bench. No wonder we got hammered 26-6.

WA Tiger

Bench
Likely the first time Benjis paired with Reynolds with the immovable Brooks out ..The wonder combination ? Madge would hope not since it wasn’t by choice..That’s right Brooks was “dropped” wasn’t he..still it’d be good to see these two who can create tries, weave some magic and get a close score or even a win..The Storm can’t handle Benji..He unsettles their “perfect” “arrogant” systems
There’s always one “special” game each year that we win. Hopefully this is it

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
True. The 2012 game at Leichhardt though was high stakes. Win and we were in but we folded. Benji scored our sole try though that night so not all was lost lol

Looking at the team for that game it actually surprises me how bad it was. Rowdy at 5/8th, Beau Ryan in the centres, Tom Humble on the bench. No wonder we got hammered 26-6.

oh yes I remember

we only had to win 1 of the last 2 games to make the finals

second last round was against the roosters (who were 15th) and we were down 22-0 at halftime

good to see nothing changed the entire decade

Melbourne by plenty. If they win tonight they lock up a top 2 spot. We have nothing to play for.

Hopefully Nofo can score a try or two and wrap up top try scorer for the year. Be nice to get something out of the season and he deserves it. Has a dig every single week and plays well above his weight. He creates more attacking opportunities than most of our spine combined

Pezz70

Juniors
This is gonna get really ugly, they’ve picked Marshall already, and Maguire has gone in with two hookers, Lawrence in the backs and no back up utility. I guess he’ll be hoping Garner can move to the centre’s should something happen. Storm playing touch footy, they could
Put 60 on the tigers tonight

Pezz70

Juniors
Attack not too bad, nice try for Kepo, but our defence looks shot. Hopefully that will settle them down a bit.

Latest posts