What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

redv13

Bench
It is correct what you say about his defence at times, but with Luciano i think a lot of it is in his attitude and getting him switched on.I think he looks a lot fitter now then he did when he was playing with us, but you are right to say,at times, he does go missing defensively.
I'd still have him back in a heartbeat....
Loves a good jersey grab old Luc and terrible agility defensively but great with the ball

boardlumps62

Juniors
Did you guys and gals watch Foxtel The Fan tonight. Josh McGuire's favourite team when he was a youngster was wait for it yes St George. He will be our next signing good or bad?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Did you guys and gals watch Foxtel The Fan tonight. Josh McGuire's favourite team when he was a youngster was wait for it yes St George. He will be our next signing good or bad?

Good. At the right price and under Hook (who apparently he loves), I think it's a quality signing.

As much of a dickhead as he is, he's still a high-quality forward who busts his ass.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Good. At the right price and under Hook (who apparently he loves), I think it's a quality signing.

As much of a dickhead as he is, he's still a high-quality forward who busts his ass.
That's true has some mongrel sails close to the line all the time. I need to check if he is big enough.

I'm Hornby

Juniors

Agreed. He's also an origin forward so @possm will be happy as he was saying we need an SOO forward to replace Frizzell.

I live in Brisbane and I know a lot of Broncos supporters miss him as they reckon he has a better work ethic than Haas and Pangai Junior who the Broncos decided to throw all their eggs out which eventually meant they couldn't afford McGuire anymore.

J.moz

Juniors
Fisher Harris from Penrith would be massive has 2 more years. He was under Griffin as a junior next big signing of the future.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If we lose Host (which looks likely) we literally have only 2 edge forwards next year. Tyrell and Ford.
Tyrell is hugely inconsistent with a poor work-rate, and Ford is still raw and is generally more effective in the middle. I refuse to acknowledge Tariq as an edge forward anymore.

This is a problem.

redv13

Bench
If we lose Host (which looks likely) we literally have only 2 edge forwards next year. Tyrell and Ford.
Tyrell is hugely inconsistent with a poor work-rate, and Ford is still raw and is generally more effective in the middle. I refuse to acknowledge Tariq as an edge forward anymore.

This is a problem.
I think you’ll find Hosty wants to stay. Now that the ex handbrake is gone hopefully they’ll work something out ASAP

Dragsters

First Grade

We need mongrel and trying to recruit it without breaking the no dickhead policy is a challenge, so why not completely blow it out of the water and sign one of the games biggest.

He disgusts me, but could I grow to love him if he busts his gut in a Red V?

Maybe, just maybe...

SAP58

Juniors
We need mongrel and trying to recruit it without breaking the no dickhead policy is a challenge, so why not completely blow it out of the water and sign one of the games biggest.

Maybe, just maybe...
I’m not convinced but if he likes and respects Hook he may behave better than he is at the moment. One of the panelist on NRL360 last night said he has stated Hook is the best coach he has had in his career.

LINESPEED

Juniors

Maybe, just maybe...

If Moose can transfer 30% of his mongrel, grit & experience to each of our forwards it’ll stiffen our pack’s resolve & garner some missing respect.

He’d respond well to Griff most likely

And he’s a Saints fan

With 223 NRL, 14 Origins, 7 Samoa & 8 Aust caps he sure knows his way around the paddock

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting how this will play out.

McGuire still has 2yrs left on his Cowboys contract.
If they are shopping him then it would be crazy not to get him with the Cows paying some of his freight.
If he wants out, then they have to grant a release.

I wonder if there's a swap that could be part of this deal (assuming there is one of course)!

Latest posts