What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addin Fonua Blake

SGMax

Juniors
I smell a rat.
This has Desi written all over it ....or at least what Des used to do at Manly in his first stint then again at Bulldogs.

Manly back-ending contracts again and once it gets to the crunch, they offload the player then try to find a way to weasel out of the agreement or get compensation for being compassionate.

What were they thinking offering a prop $850k.
Now they expect a replacement and or cash.....nice try to get out of paying the $250K overpayment for the rest of his contract.
Will get away with it with the Warriors desperate for an enforcer type prop.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I question that if that was a male journalist he would have carried on like he did.

That being said, a more mature way of handling a cultural situation is to ask the person to sit down to a rational discussion on air to explain why what they thought was funny was actually offensive.

Not only will it be more effective at getting the message across to the individual, it also helps to educate the masses.

That’s what a true cultural leader would have done.

Her initial reaction (normally the one you trust to be the genuine reaction) was to defend her action and not apologise. No doubt the corporate heavies at 9, GB and the NRL put pressure on her to change her stance. If there was an absence of "sitting down to have a rational discussion", perhaps it was because she left the impression she wasn't open to it.

The calm one

Juniors
I smell a rat.
This has Desi written all over it ....or at least what Des used to do at Manly in his first stint then again at Bulldogs.

Manly back-ending contracts again and once it gets to the crunch, they offload the player then try to find a way to weasel out of the agreement or get compensation for being compassionate.

What were they thinking offering a prop $850k.
Now they expect a replacement and or cash.....nice try to get out of paying the $250K overpayment for the rest of his contract.
Will get away with it with the Warriors desperate for an enforcer type prop.
Great speech man. Stay calm

not_all_there

Juniors
Her initial reaction (normally the one you trust to be the genuine reaction) was to defend her action and not apologise. No doubt the corporate heavies at 9, GB and the NRL put pressure on her to change her stance. If there was an absence of "sitting down to have a rational discussion", perhaps it was because she left the impression she wasn't open to it.
I’m all for women as league commentators. Lara Pitt. Ruan Simms. Emma Freeman. Yvonne. All clued up on footy.
Molan offers nothing. I got no idea how she keeps her job.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There is too much ambiguity in that.

Are you saying that channel 9, as broadcast partners didn’t realise what had happened & how it could easily have been corrected?

How could her bosses have realised it was wrong, not say anything and let a player do what he did in the stands?

It makes no sense.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m all for women as league commentators. Lara Pitt. Ruan Simms. Emma Freeman. Yvonne. All clued up on footy.
Molan offers nothing. I got no idea how she keeps her job.
Erin has been in the media for years.

She’s university educated in sports media and has seen off many a witch hunt.

Yes, she hasn’t played NRL, but how does that make her any less worthy of commentary than Rothfield or others?

denis preston

First Grade
I'm sorry but i have top change my opinion about securing this bloke. 360 opened up about what this guy is all about ( without being libeled ) too much money for a meathead could really destroy our rebirth. needs to get out of Sydney because of people that will make him self destruct. Would not touch him , so much risk and the money , 850k a year !!!

Warriors problem not ours.

not_all_there

Juniors

Yes, she hasn’t played NRL, but how does that make her any less worthy of commentary than Rothfield or others?
Cool. And she’s irritated me for years.
And so does Rothfield.

not_all_there

Juniors
I'm sorry but i have top change my opinion about securing this bloke. 360 opened up about what this guy is all about ( without being libeled ) too much money for a meathead could really destroy our rebirth. needs to get out of Sydney because of people that will make him self destruct. Would not touch him , so much risk and the money , 850k a year !!!

I didnt watch 360 but this kinda fits.
I couldnt undersand why Des would want to move him on

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I was involved last year in a verbal stoush with some posters who rejected my assertion that SGI acted decisively, but unjustly, in tearing up AFB's contract when he was just a kid of 18 years of age for domestic violence. Summary execution- no attempt at rehabilitation .

Turned out that AFB had been bashed from pillar to post by a violent alcoholic father and violence is the way he had had learned that disagreements are resolved. He was then enrolled in courses relating to anger management and respect for women and, actually became something of a role model- lecturing on this subject to other offenders.

To my knowledge he is still in the same relationship he was at the time of his initial offence and so a happy ending on that issue. BUT I have to admit that I was unimpressed by his use of the words spastic and genius to describe the referee. He's now 24 and no more excuses.

It's a yes from me but I would want some strong behaviour clauses in the contract.
She’s obviously learned to cook that man an egg.

possm

Coach
Holy shit , just saw he is on 850000 a season for the next two years with his contract with Manly... I'm not saying he isn't worth it for what he does on the field but he must have had a good manager to negotiate that considering his past indiscretions...I didn't think he'd be on anywhere near that much...when I saw that I thought it must be a misprint but obviously not...wow can't believe it.
AFB on 850k and Norman on 850k, I know which I would prefer. Norman gone, Sullivan in the halves with Hunt and AFB up front with Vaughan. A big improvement if you ask me.

Dragsters

First Grade

Agree.

I thought getting him cheap and assisting with stabilising his family life could have been a win/win, but not for that kinda money.

As SGMax said, it's starting to smell like a Desi special...

Mjab

Juniors

I do agree with what you point out

have no problem with the girls commentating
however I think relating to Molan , the other female commentators are far superior

Mjab

Juniors
AFB on 850k and Norman on 850k, I know which I would prefer. Norman gone, Sullivan in the halves with Hunt and AFB up front with Vaughan. A big improvement if you ask me.
Agree id do a straight swap with Norman for sure

be55

Juniors
Mate , Norman isn't worth 85 cents and the sooner we see the back of him the better...

Last edited: