What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addin Fonua Blake

possm

Coach
I didnt watch 360 but this kinda fits.
I couldnt undersand why Des would want to move him on
Des wants to move him on because he needs cap space; nothing else. NRL 360 would just hate to see the Dragons become a top line Club again, that is why they all seem to support Mary and Young so long. They also used to get me riled at how they praised Aitken, Norman, Hunt and others when most Dragons fans were disapointed in these players performance.

be55

Juniors
It is probably not worth talking about because the chances of him coming to St George are virtually zero but I must admit,on reflection, that i may have jumped the gun a little early yesterday when i heard that Addin was looking for another club.As someone who saw a lot of him when he played NYC for us,i was always a massive fan of what he did on the field, and was disappointed when he left because you could always see that he was a first grader in the making, but as several posters have pointed out he does come with a lot of baggage and listening to Lara Pitt last night on 360 he may still have some undesirable qualities off the field that may not gel well with others at the club.
This is where coaches and staff earn their money when it comes to making decisions on rosters and getting the balance between what someone brings on the field, with what they are like off the field.I could understand people suggesting bringing Addin in on a big money deal could have an effect on other players within the club and what those players believe the club stands for.Also 850k a year is big money for a front-rower and i realise players like Klemmer and Campbell-Gillard are probably on this type of coin but it's something you have to get right as far as balancing the cap is concerned.In my opinion it is a lot of money to pay any prop forward.
I don't know,on reflection i am somewhat torn, but really it is probably a ridiculously long post for something that is highly unlikely to happen anyway.I think it's odds-on he'll go to the Warriors.

possm

Coach
It is probably not worth talking about because the chances of him coming to St George are virtually zero but I must admit,on reflection, that i may have jumped the gun a little early yesterday when i heard that Addin was looking for another club.As someone who saw a lot of him when he played NYC for us,i was always a massive fan of what he did on the field, and was disappointed when he left because you could always see that he was a first grader in the making, but as several posters have pointed out he does come with a lot of baggage and listening to Lara Pitt last night on 360 he may still have some undesirable qualities off the field that may not gel well with others at the club.
This is where coaches and staff earn their money when it comes to making decisions on rosters and getting the balance between what someone brings on the field, with what they are like off the field.I could understand people suggesting bringing Addin in on a big money deal could have an effect on other players within the club and what those players believe the club stands for.Also 850k a year is big money for a front-rower and i realise players like Klemmer and Campbell-Gillard are probably on this type of coin but it's something you have to get right as far as balancing the cap is concerned.In my opinion it is a lot of money to pay any prop forward.
I don't know,on reflection i am somewhat torn, but really it is probably a ridiculously long post for something that is highly unlikely to happen anyway.I think it's odds-on he'll go to the Warriors.
If Mary was still our coach I could agree with you but with Griffin heading up our coaching staff I'm sure if there is a deal to be done and it in the best interest of the Club, he will do it.

AFB has a young family and his wife really wants a change. Yes the Warriors is an option but so is his junior club SGI. To make a deal stick, Hasler will have to take one of our players who he thinks may help fill some gaps over at Manly. So I would put a deal together swapping Norman and Saab for AFB.

Hasler being a marquee halfback in his day will know exactly what to do with Norman - a real challenge for Hasler. And it is clear he can see Value in Saab because he wanted to trade Garrick for him.

be55

Juniors
If Mary was still our coach I could agree with you but with Griffin heading up our coaching staff I'm sure if there is a deal to be done and it in the best interest of the Club, he will do it.

AFB has a young family and his wife really wants a change. Yes the Warriors is an option but so is his junior club SGI. To make a deal stick, Hasler will have to take one of our players who he thinks may help fill some gaps over at Manly. So I would put a deal together swapping Norman and Saab for AFB.

Hasler being a marquee halfback in his day will know exactly what to do with Norman - a real challenge for Hasler. And it is clear he can see Value in Saab because he wanted to trade Garrick for him.
Like i said possm, i am torn because i am such a fan of what he does on the field but i understand some peoples concerns when it comes to Addin that's all...

possm

Coach
Like i said possm, i am torn because i am such a fan of what he does on the field but i understand some peoples concerns when it comes to Addin that's all...
SGI did a good job with Packer and Dugan who both needed to get on the straight and narrow. I sure they can do just as good a job with AFB however, a simple behaviour clause in his contract will give SGI an out if AFB goes astray.

True_Believer

Juniors
Off to NZ. Next.

Agreed. Wants out of Sydney for personal reasons. I'm guessing he has family in NZ and will head over there.

There's enough to do without having to add this sort of distraction to the team. I really think he's looking for a complete break from the greater Sydney area. I'd be very surprised if he came our way - especially on that money. We'd be mad to be offering that type of money for him.

True_Believer

Juniors
SGI did a good job with Packer and Dugan who both needed to get on the straight and narrow. I sure they can do just as good a job with AFB however, a simple behaviour clause in his contract will give SGI an out if AFB goes astray.

So if he doesn't come, are you going to be calling "Hopeless Hook"?

Dragon David

First Grade
If he does go astray, who would take him? We would need to cover his pay until some other club picks him up, like Manly are doing now. I'm guessing you mean that if he does come to us and he does go astray, the clause in his contract would be to terminate his services immediately with no pay which would be the logical thing so that ensures he keeps on the straight and narrow.

I am sure that the Dragons isn't where his preference is. I am sure it will be the Warriors. There is a lot of money at stake and while I know that our forward depth needs strengthening with a capital S, his demeanour and fitness/health level is questionable for his inclusion in the team on a weekly roster.

possm

Coach
So if he doesn't come, are you going to be calling "Hopeless Hook"?
No way mainly because I know Griffin is a class act and would have tried his best. He might have other ideas anyway but for me I always liked the way AFB played; he has the talent and is now a young adult. All he needs to be put on the right track and learn how to behave.

redv13

Bench
Crazy money and I’d be disappointed if we paid 850 for him and his baggage. Thanks but no thanks, that coin can be used for Welch/Big Joe and Hetherington

possm

Coach
Crazy money and I’d be disappointed if we paid 850 for him and his baggage. Thanks but no thanks, that coin can be used for Welch/Big Joe and Hetherington
So do you think the Warriors are going to pay him 850k per year? I'd say Brown will pay him 600k with a behaviour clause in his contract. We should at least try to sign him at 600k.