What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V The Cowboys

ACTPanthers

Bench
Win this, and we lock up the Minor Premiership... and I think we all know what that means.

We've had the honour of being the best team in the regular season twice in our history, both in the same resplendent years we arrived at, and won, the Big Dance. These are good times my friends.

To list the long and expansive range of emotions I am currently experiencing would take all day. Suffice to say the major ones are excitement, fear, longing, nervousness, anticipation and the ever rising belief that this is, as much as my brain tries to sway me, the year it all comes together.

The current crop of players are hungry for success, and have found a camaraderie in that hunger. In my years on this carnival ride called life, I've only seen this type of closeness in a sporting team a handful of times. This has, for the most part, resulted in success...

The signs are there, the belief is rising, and my missus can't stand the ever changing deluge of emotion I am feeling on a daily basis. If we win this game, and secure our 3rd Minor Premiership, I think she may just leave me.

Win this, and we lock up the Minor Premiership... and I think we all know what that means.

We've had the honour of being the best team in the regular season twice in our history, both in the same resplendent years we arrived at, and won, the Big Dance. These are good times my friends.

To list the long and expansive range of emotions I am currently experiencing would take all day. Suffice to say the major ones are excitement, fear, longing, nervousness, anticipation and the ever rising belief that this is, as much as my brain tries to sway me, the year it all comes together.

The current crop of players are hungry for success, and have found a camaraderie in that hunger. In my years on this carnival ride called life, I've only seen this type of closeness in a sporting team a handful of times. This has, for the most part, resulted in success...

The signs are there, the belief is rising, and my missus can't stand the ever changing deluge of emotion I am feeling on a daily basis. If we win this game, and secure our 3rd Minor Premiership, I think she may just leave me.

I read this in Matt Nable’s voice!! It was that good :thumbsup:

franklin2323

Immortal

It is a strange feeling to be in this position

WestyLife

First Grade
Any one see the leaked conversation between Ivan and Hannay:

Ivan:
Would you like a drink?

Hannay: Stalling me won’t change anything.

Ivan: No, no. Threatening. No drink? Are you sure? I’m having one.

Hannay: The Cowboys are coming. Nothing will change that. What have I to fear?

Ivan: The Panthers. That’s what we call ourselves. We’re sort of like a team. “Minor premiers”-type thing.

Hannay: Yes, I’ve met them.

Ivan: Yeah. It takes us a while to get any traction, I’ll give you that one. But let’s do a head count, here. The best halfback in the game, a super Prop, a living legend, Yeo, who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a couple of master finishers, and you, big fella, you’ve managed to piss off every single one of them.

Hannay: That was the plan.

Ivan: Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they’ll come for you.

Hannay: I have a Tuamalolo

Ivan: We have a Hetherington.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Any one see the leaked conversation between Ivan and Hannah:

Ivan:
Would you like a drink?

Hannah: Stalling me won’t change anything.

Hannah: The Cowboys are coming. Nothing will change that. What have I to fear?

Ivan: The Panthers. That’s what we call ourselves. We’re sort of like a team. “Minor premiers”-type thing.

Hannah: Yes, I’ve met them.

Ivan: Yeah. It takes us a while to get any traction, I’ll give you that one. But let’s do a head count, here. The best halfback in the game, a super Prop, a living legend, Yeo, who kind of lives up to the legend. A man with breathtaking anger-management issues, a couple of master finishers, and you, big fella, you’ve managed to piss off every single one of them.

Hannah: That was the plan.

Hannah: I have a Tuamalolo

Looking forward to seeing Jack back in our colours tonight. He is much maligned rightly or wrongly, I tend to believe he has earnt an undeserved reputation but that’s just me I guess.

I really believe his best is ahead of him and whether we keep him or he is forced out elsewhere due to our cap situation he is going to be a weapon for who ever ends up with him. The new rules introduced this season really suit a big, mobile and fast player like Jack and I so hope we can hang onto to him.

Hopefully, he has a really big game tonight.

Jane Murray

Bench

Ivan:
Would you like a drink?

Ha, ha, good one.

Kilkenny

Coach
Looking forward to seeing Jack back in our colours tonight. He is much maligned rightly or wrongly, I tend to believe he has earnt an undeserved reputation but that’s just me I guess.

I really believe his best is ahead of him and whether we keep him or he is forced out elsewhere due to our cap situation he is going to be a weapon for who ever ends up with him. The new rules introduced this season really suit a big, mobile and fast player like Jack and I so hope we can hang onto to him.

Hopefully, he has a really big game tonight.

It is interesting, the Bunnies fans blowing up around Jayden Su’a being sinned bin last night. He has a bit of a history but surprise, surprise his hit last night only deemed worthy of one week with an early plea by the MRC. Now I watched the game, saw the tackle, and IMO there was no arm anywhere in the tackle, it was all shoulder which came into contact with the head all the young Dogs half was in Disneyland not to come back on. (I also understand his head did contact the ground post tackle but that shouldn’t be a mitigating consequence). I just wonder if our own Jack had committed the same tackle what the outcome would have been? The consistency around similar tackles is so inconsistent it is farcical.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Ivan:
Would you like a drink?

The nerd in me thanks you

Kilkenny

Coach
Break it open. The media bullshit whether there is substance to it or not just leaves me cold. As I have posted ad nauseum over the years believe half of what you read, halve it again and somewhere amongst the 25% of what they write may be some where near the truth. Honestly regardless of what it is bring it on, it may just galvanise the playing group even closer.

The problem is it appears to be a Covid breach and the precedent has been set that a breach means a suspension. If this is true, it would’ve been better to self report weeks ago.

Latest posts