What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did we let this happen?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Alright guys, I know this isn't what we want to read, but watching the Sharks play last night (and throughout the year) has got me wondering how we let this happen?

Since the JV to 2011, we were firmly the more dominant and competitive club and were the big brother.

In that time we had the juniors, we attracted better players and we got better on field results.

Since 2012, oh how this has changed which makes me realise how far we've fallen. The Sharks have had better on field success (a premiership and more finals appearances), the Sharks have had more than their fair share of the local juniors and they've even recruited much better than we have, how the hell did we chase Norman and left Johnson to go to them?

I'm sure there is an alternate universe somewhere where we got Johnson and they got Norman and we're better placed for it, but unfortunately we're all witnessing this harsh reality.

It is clear that complacency from the board down has put us in this position and all I can do is hope that Webby and Hook can take us to much much greener pastures and I no longer have to consider the above anymore.

Please feel free to comment/vent/rant at your leisure in this thread and let's all console together.

ALSGI

Bench
Hasn’t been that bad mate, we were only 85mins from a GF not so long ago ..... and what about all the hardest preseasons ever ..... finally got the team I want.

Best was the junket to the States to learn from the Americans. It’s like sending a Carpenter to a Medical conference.

Never mind all the reviews before the Gould review.

f**kwits.

hazzbeen

Bench
Hasn’t been that bad mate, we were only 85mins from a GF not so long ago ..... and what about all the hardest preseasons ever ..... finally got the team I want.

Best was the junket to the States to learn from the Americans. It’s like sending a Carpenter to a Medical conference.

f**kwits.

f**kwits.
Post of the Season ..... Love it .... Sad but true ....

matPORTS

Juniors
Additionally - the Sharks have also had their fair share of off field scandals during this period of time and still managed to produce decent results, win a premiership, recruit some decent players and promote some fairly good juniors along the way. What more can we say? Unlike the old days I personally have found it hard in recent years to get stuck into little brother, and have actually turned somewhat of an admirer - mainly because we have little right to get stuck into them now. So yes, here is hoping that Webby and Hook can start to right this ship of ours.

While the Sharks were off winning a premiership in 2016, we were producing some of the worst results in the clubs history at that time to date (our biggest winning margin that whole season was by 14 points), and then insisting that McGregor had a 'positive future as a head coach'. Little did we realise that the results were only going to get more disappointing and worse from there. Oh boy! Thinking about the mistake we made by not getting rid of him then really sends my blood pressure northward!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Additionally - the Sharks have also had their fair share of off field scandals during this period of time and still managed to produce decent results, win a premiership, recruit some decent players and promote some fairly good juniors along the way. What more can we say? Unlike the old days I personally have found it hard in recent years to get stuck into little brother, and have actually turned somewhat of an admirer - mainly because we have little right to get stuck into them now. So yes, here is hoping that Webby and Hook can start to right this ship of ours.

While the Sharks were off winning a premiership in 2016, we were producing some of the worst results in the clubs history at that time to date (our biggest winning margin that whole season was by 14 points), and then insisting that McGregor had a 'positive future as a head coach'. Little did we realise that the results were only going to get more disappointing and worse from there. Oh boy! Thinking about the mistake we made by not getting rid of him then really sends my blood pressure northward!!
He has at least gone now after all of the lowlights we had to suffer during his employment. It still really and truly beats me how the bloody hell he kept being re-signed - what were the then CEO and the BOD thinking. Anyway, good luck to the Sharks. They might have "cheated" in the past but I think they are clean now, (except for Xerri).

With injuries to Johnson and several others, their campaign in the finals will be short lived.