What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Newcastle

matPORTS

Juniors
Honestly thought the FT score flattered the Knights. We were so much worse than them today. I can't see them beating the Raiders or Souths in week one of the finals, and they'll even find playing the Titans on the Goldy next week to be a tough affair.

Lomax, Ramsey, Max Faegai (and I'll also put Jackson Ford in this same category but he needs a few more roast dinners this off season) - all should have had so much more time in the top grade before now, and we will feel the pain of their stalled development for a little while to come yet (thanks McGregor, Millward, Young & Co).

The rest - well, time to shape up or ship out !

moes

Bench
All you Ford lovers go give yourself 1000 uppercuts. Very very very standard. Has more upside than Lawrie who’s worse than shit

moes

Bench
We know norman sucks balls but he has far greater potential of turning it around next year to become our half leader than hunt. Ben Hunt sadly is a shadow of his former self. Confidence is at a point where it’ll never come back. Coach change or not

He’s the Ian baker-finch of rugby league

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
3282547c-ef4a-4c0f-a2a9-4cd135ee9db6-jpeg.42158
We’re posting selfies now?

Okay, I’ll join in.
images

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
All you Ford lovers go give yourself 1000 uppercuts. Very very very standard. Has more upside than Lawrie who’s worse than shit
Ford is a left backrower, who needs time in the position and some halves that can find him running lines. Give him another off season and a chance to build a combo and he will go well, he’s suffering Lomax syndrome or should I say Mary syndrome. Lawrie was our best forward by far. He needs a forward leader to develop behind. Vaughan is not cutting it this season, he must be really missing his game day latte.

moes

Bench
Ford is a left backrower, who needs time in the position and some halves that can find him running lines. Give him another off season and a chance to build a combo and he will go well, he’s suffering Lomax syndrome or should I say Mary syndrome. Lawrie was our best forward by far. He needs a forward leader to develop behind. Vaughan is not cutting it this season, he must be really missing his game day latte.

Hope you’re right about ford but doesn’t seem to have footy brains to be honest. Lawrie is without doubt the most Lame forward in the comp so disagree there and yes Vaughan terrible this year

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hope you’re right about ford but doesn’t seem to have footy brains to be honest. Lawrie is without doubt the most Lame forward in the comp so disagree there and yes Vaughan terrible this year
Fair enough but I’m not giving myself any uppercuts.

SAP58

Juniors
I don’t disagree with all the comments on our forwards but we are a totally leaderless bunch. If we had a half like a Cooper Cronk he would organise how our forwards & sort out those that are not up to the required standard. I believe a player of this standard would make a big difference to our side and a number of our current forward pack would deliver a lot better than they do now. The BIG question is who can do that for us ?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A
I don’t disagree with all the comments on our forwards but we are a totally leaderless bunch. If we had a half like a Cooper Cronk he would organise how our forwards & sort out those that are not up to the required standard. I believe a player of this standard would make a big difference to our side and a number of our current forward pack would deliver a lot better than they do now. The BIG question is who can do that for us ?
Agree, we don’t have any real game managers. Hunt is a good opportunistic player but I’m yet to see him actually unlock a good defence that say a Cleary is beginning to do.

TruSaint

Referee
This season I have been super critical of our backs. I still think its a poor backline overall. However, the past months have shown me that our forwards are also due for criticism. Name me one forward that threatens the line, has an offload, intimidates in defence ?

Then there is the halves. I am willing to give Clune some time. Norman has lost me, and sorry to say, Hunt isn't far behind.

We have a lot of work to do.

Bottom line, the squad needs massive overall. It's not a 1-2 year fix IMHO.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This season I have been super critical of our backs. I still think its a poor backline overall. However, the past months have shown me that our forwards are also due for criticism. Name me one forward that threatens the line ?

Then there is the halves. I am willing to give Clune some time. Norman has lost me, and sorry to say, Hunt isn't far behind.

We have a lot of work to do.

Bottom line, the squad needs massive overall. It's not a 1-2 year fix IMHO.
It’s not and I hope we realise this before criticising Hook too much when we don’t win the GF next year. So long as I feel we are travelling in the right direction I’ll be happy.

tumbidragon

First Grade
It’s not and I hope we realise this before criticising Hook too much when we don’t win the GF next year. So long as I feel we are travelling in the right direction I’ll be happy.
This. He's dead set on a hiding to nothing with the mess he'll inherit... Hopefully he's as ruthless as some have said he is. Because God we need a hard taskmaster in this shithole.

Latest posts