What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R20 Sat - Bulldogs 0-42 Panthers @ ANZ

Round 20: Bulldogs v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 20
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Penrith Panthers
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Saturday 26 September 2020

Kickoff 3pm - Fox

TL-CBY20a.png

1. Will Hopoate 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Reimis Smith 4. Tim Lafai 5. Jayden Okunbor 6. Jake Averillo 7. Lachlan Lewis 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Luke Thompson 11. Chris Smith 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Josh Jackson
Interchange: 14. Brandon Wakeham 15. Renouf To'omaga 16. Sione Katoa 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Dean Britt 20. Jack Cogger 21. Tuipulotu Katoa 23. Kerrod Holland

TL-PEN20a.png

1. Daine Laurie 2. Josh Mansour 3. Tyrone May 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Matt Burton 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Mitch Kenny 19. Dean Whare 20. Jack Hetherington 21. Billy Burns

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Henry Perenara
Sideline Officials: Jon Stone, Gavin Badger
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy

Last edited by a moderator:

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers are going for 15 straight, which will equal the most in the NRL era for a salary cap compliant team. I expect the only players rested will be those carrying injuries.
We have equalled Souths (1932), and Souths (1955-56) for 14 consecutive wins. A win this week will beat those records then equal 15 wins by Cronulla (2016), Manly (1995), Mel (2012-13) and Souths (1925-26).

1st week of the finals with a probable win 15 will see the Panthers equal Easts (1912-13) and Souths (1908-09).

A few great milestones to still go for.

Valheru

Coach
Panthers are going for 15 straight, which will equal the most in the NRL era for a salary cap compliant team. I expect the only players rested will be those carrying injuries.

We have equalled Souths (1932), and Souths (1955-56) for 14 consecutive wins. A win this week will beat those records then equal 15 wins by Cronulla (2016), Manly (1995), Mel (2012-13) and Souths (1925-26).

1st week of the finals with a probable win 15 will see the Panthers equal Easts (1912-13) and Souths (1908-09).

You are worrying about the wrong thing.

No one will remember the win streak if the Panthers fall short.

We had a 12 game win streak going in to the 2015 finals series and were far and away the best team that year. It meant f**k all in the finals though where we had a 'down game' in week 1 losing a tight one to the storm and then were on a hiding to nothing in the prelim at Suncorp.

I'm not saying to throw the game but I would be resting a few. They probably have a enough to win anyways.

GongPanther

Referee

We had a 12 game win streak going in to the 2015 finals series and were far and away the best team that year. It meant f**k all in the finals though where we had a 'down game' in week 1 losing a tight one to the storm and then were on a hiding to nothing in the prelim at Suncorp.

I'm not saying to throw the game but I would be resting a few. They probably have a enough to win anyways.
Nah, I'm not worried about anything these days. Would be a nice feather in the cap picking up a few records although there is a bigger fish to fry. And with that big fish, comes most of those records.

soc123_au

Staff member
Given the JJ is being presented at this game I can't imagine a loss would be something getting risked. It would seem a bit odd being awarded such a prize after being beaten by the 2nd last placed team. I don't see anyone being rested that doesn't legitimately need an injury sorted out.

Hopefully the Cows do their job against Brisbane so the result here is irrelevant.

SDM

First Grade

#smuglife

Roosters/eels/raiders already beaten in week 1 of finals

The_Frog

First Grade
The two are not mutually exclusive. We may get 17 in a row and not win the comp. Or we may win the comp and only reach 14.

I note people are talking about previous lengthy winning streaks. So they do remember, or at least they look it up. You have to win whatever you can while you can, I thought a Rooster fan would understand that.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal

If you asked Panthers fans pre season every single one would take the PF.

As a club we have only ever played in 4. (6 if you count 90 and 91 when we got to GF and skipped that part)

The majority of fans didn't rate the roster etc. So winning the whole thing would be nice but we have already exceeded expectations. So hence we fans are just enjoying the ride

Game_Breaker

Coach
If Panthers have one more loss in them this season, they’d want it to be this game.

Their most insignificant match of the year for them

SDM

First Grade
Bugger resting players for the Dogs game. If we play Parra the week after, we can rest the whole forward pack.
Probably a 50/50 chance of playing Parra between Parra losing to the Tigers or the Roosters tanking

GongPanther

Referee
Probably a 50/50 chance of playing Parra between Parra losing to the Tigers or the Roosters tanking
Still think Parra will win by 26-18...too much to play for, and the WT will have getting back to family lives on their minds.

Latest posts