What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Meth

Staff member
Keen on Full strength-

8- Fonua-Blake
10- Ah Mau

14- Paasi
15- Taunoa-Brown/Afoa

That’s where I’d start.

Will wait to see what Evans and BMM show up like.

Matua

Bench
Who was absolving them from looking bad? They are both terrible. But lodges is worse. If we were willing to sign somebody who did something that atrocious, it shouldn’t be that surprising that we would try to sign AFB.

That was my point.
Saying Mother Teresa in comparison doesn't suggest you think it's atrocious.

Leber

Bench
Saying Mother Teresa in comparison doesn't suggest you think it's atrocious.

Well.. he does look like her 'in comparison'.

If you are comparing the two, what AFB did, whilst still bad, is nowhere near as bad as what Lodge did.

I'm not sure why you aren't comprehending this.

Matua

Bench
Well.. he does look like her 'in comparison'.

If you are comparing the two, what AFB did, whilst still bad, is nowhere near as bad as what Lodge did.

I'm not sure why you aren't comprehending this.
I'm comprehending what you're saying, I just think it's stupid. If you want to introduce a continuum maybe Franco in comparison to Hitler - didn't kill as many people but still did his fair share of killing.

Leber

Bench
I'm comprehending what you're saying, I just think it's stupid. If you want to introduce a continuum maybe Franco in comparison to Hitler - didn't kill as many people but still did his fair share of killing.

It's a piece of hyperbolic language that got the point across. Feel free to replace my comparison with yours if it makes you feel better.

Grizzman

Juniors
I don't want to count chickens etc, but that would look like a helluva forward pack for 2021.Maybe the best since 2002? It would certainly have more aggression than we have had in years and maybe we would even live up to the "Big Warriors pack" moniker for once.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I’m hopeful BMM goes well, but on paper

- he’s older than Paasi
- he’s less established in the NRL than Paasi
- I suspect we are paying good money for the privilege of swapping in this older, less proven player

Doesn’t jump out at me as a sharp piece of business

Sanchez

Coach
So if we get AFB and Hetherington

1. RTS
2. Maumalo
3. Aitken
4. Hiku
5. Fusitua
6. Nikorima
7. CHT
8. Ah Mau
9. Egan
10. AFB
11. Katoa
12. Harris
13. BMM
14. Lawton/Tevaga/Utility?
15. Evans
16. Hetherington
17. Murchie

18. Tevaga/Lawton
19. JTB
20. Afoa/Paasi?
21. Outside back cover

Penrose_11

Juniors
I liked Hetherington in the starting spot as can play long minutes. Didn’t he even play 70+ in one game for us? Ah Mau off the bench in that solid grinding role with Evans/JTB/Passi. And unless BMM has trimmed down considerably and gained some endurance he ain’t playing 13 in an NRL comp

SmashEmBro

Juniors
It's funny how its worked out... I think we've bought people not thinking that we'd get the opportunity for played like AFB or Heatherington. So, if we do sign them, we'd have a bit of a log jam of forwards trying to get a spot.
Surely if we get AFB, we lose someone like Paasi? Or maybe Bunty (I'm guessing Paasi costs more however).

I don't think Murchie is a bench player... Have him starting. He's the kind of player I think you need to play 60 minutes and tackle tackle tackle, and offers a bit of an offload and attacking game too. Having him there for 30min off the bench is not a good option imo

Excited to see how it all plays out tho

Sanchez

Coach
Brandon Smith at 9 and she's looking goof
Danny Levi has been told he wont re-signed by Manly, could be an option

It's funny how its worked out... I think we've bought people not thinking that we'd get the opportunity for played like AFB or Heatherington. So, if we do sign them, we'd have a bit of a log jam of forwards trying to get a spot.
Surely if we get AFB, we lose someone like Paasi? Or maybe Bunty (I'm guessing Paasi costs more however).

I don't think Murchie is a bench player... Have him starting. He's the kind of player I think you need to play 60 minutes and tackle tackle tackle, and offers a bit of an offload and attacking game too. Having him there for 30min off the bench is not a good option imo

Excited to see how it all plays out tho

Its a long season, he would get his minutes. He could easily start at 12 and push Harris to 13 and BMM to the pine. Depends what type of lock Brown is after i suppose