What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
I would be astounded if French came back to Parra any time soon. No info, but I just had this feeling there was some acrimony around his departure, BA obviously didn't consider him a good fit and didn't stand in his way and let him walk...
Whilst I mostly agree, I reckon he probably felt the same about Paulo and Matto.
French was playing 5/8 for Wenty the year he was released and playing very well but couldnt get a start in the "1's" for love nor money. BA wanted Gutho at fullback come hell or high water and Bev probably lost patience or saw the writing on the wall so he moved on. Like Papunhausen, hes a star in waiting for the right coach and right opportunity. Hopefully he gets both.

Gronk

Staff member
Whilst I mostly agree, I reckon he probably felt the same about Paulo and Matto.
French was playing 5/8 for Wenty the year he was released and playing very well but couldnt get a start in the "1's" for love nor money. BA wanted Gutho at fullback come hell or high water and Bev probably lost patience or saw the writing on the wall so he moved on. Like Papunhausen, hes a star in waiting for the right coach and right opportunity. Hopefully he gets both.

Surely the only person who stands between Bev and a successful NRL career is Bev. You might have noticed that no NRL clubs knocked on his door when he was told he was free to go ?

I wish Bev well and hopefully his time in ESL has cleared his head and whatever was stopping him give 100% in his final years with us.

Noise

Coach
Bevan French isn’t a star in waiting. He’s a borderline first grader in waiting.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hypothetically speaking, we could do:

6. Gutherson
7. Brown

And splash on a decent fullback option (though I don't know who that would be).

I reckon that’s a possibility once Moses is off contract, gives Drown a few more years to get some experience.

While I can’t see Moses leaving any time soon (and think he has struggled with his injury), if it were to happen next year, I reckon potentially the best option would be Milford (for fullback)

Yeah his form hasn’t been great but he probably needs a fresh start, while the Broncos wouId probably help out with his contract.

Additionally we do lack a bit of “x-factor” in our backline which he has when in form.

T-Boon

Coach
He became terrible under the high ball and he did seem to have a bad attitude which sort of came out of nowhere. I was a big fan of his game but his decline was like that of an ice addict.

Incorrect

Coach
I think the situation with Paulo was different. He was already going and then we needed to shed players quickly to get cap compliant so we let him go early in 2016. I don't think BA ever really wanted to lose him, it was no surprise when he signed back with us. Bevan coming back to us while BA is still coach would be a massive surprise to me.

As for Matto, there's probably some similarities in that situation. But the fact that 2 premiership winning coaches also played him in the pack and not in the halves might have helped convince Ryan that BA was right all along when he said he wouldn't be playing halves for us. If anything, Matterson probably swallowed some pride coming back to play for BA...

Incorrect

Coach
I think the situation with Paulo was different. He was already going and then we needed to shed players quickly to get cap compliant so we let him go early in 2016. I don't think BA ever really wanted to lose him, it was no surprise when he signed back with us. Bevan coming back to us while BA is still coach would be a massive surprise to me.

As for Matto, there's probably some similarities in that situation. But the fact that 2 premiership winning coaches also played him in the pack and not in the halves might have helped convince Ryan that BA was right all along when he said he wouldn't be playing halves for us. If anything, Matterson probably swallowed some pride coming back to play for BA...
* jizz

In before the rest of you sick merkins....

Avenger

Immortal
Our coach wouldn't know me if he tripped over my schlong (although i would hope he would at least buy me Cointreau afterwards).

I just support him while he is in the role and dont keep pushing a drug supporting cheat to replace him :cool:
I actually wanted Holbrook before the drug supporting cheat.

T-Boon

Coach
I don't mind that Flanagan has the murky past it is his mongrel face I cant stand. He looks like a merkin.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Anyone can be a star when the opposition doesn't tackle.

Also, He's playing 6 there. I thought he wanted to play fullback.

Also, French was playing some quality ESL sides in that highlights package - despite the fact that ESL emphasises attack, over defence.

French's ridiculous acceleration, and speed, would cause plenty of headaches, and at fullback, he doesn't have to worry about his weaknesses so much.

I'm a big Bevan French fan, but if he wants to come back to the NRL, we should ask about him, imo.

He would add some real attacking spark.

Latest posts