What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHO IS GRIFFINS ASSISTANT NEXT YEAR

cussy

Juniors
I thinks it’s good - you would hope they have some contacts and scouts in Queensland to supplement our own juniors...can only hope I guess

Banjo2014

Juniors
I thinks it’s good - you would hope they have some contacts and scouts in Queensland to supplement our own juniors...can only hope I guess
Gentle made it very clear that he does not want to be a Head Coch - told Fox NRL he is a real coach meaning an Assistant.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Well can't get away from the "Old Boys Club" thing can we but I am comfortable with this one if it happens.
You see Peter Gentle was a St George halback 1987/88 unfortunately was involved in an accident where Geoff Selby died he was injured as was another player Shaun O'Bryan. Geoff was a star of the future unfortunately for him, his family, friends Peter Gentle and St George life was cut short.
Yes Peter should return he might be ok.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Well can't get away from the "Old Boys Club" thing can we but I am comfortable with this one if it happens.
You see Peter Gentle was a St George halback 1987/88 unfortunately was involved in an accident where Geoff Selby died he was injured as was another player Shaun O'Bryan. Geoff was a star of the future unfortunately for him, his family, friends Peter Gentle and St George life was cut short.
Geoff, Pete and Shaun were very good players coming through. Geoff played firsts and was a very good player, it was sad with the MVA. Certainly changed the club even then, with Pete coming back is fine a good coach:thumbsup:Let’s hope that this creates a stable environment for everyone at the club

blacksafake

First Grade
I didn’t know that Peter was involved in this very tragic incident.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Geoff, Pete and Shaun were very good players coming through. Geoff played firsts and was a very good player, it was sad with the MVA. Certainly changed the club even then, with Pete coming back is fine a good coach:thumbsup:Let’s hope that this creates a stable environment for everyone at the club
Yes I never knew Geoff at all but I was impressed so much so I planted a tree with a friend of mine in recognition. I see you carve

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Now he is my type of guy . But he would be wasted as a assistant coach , but oh my would he not work wonders in the Dragons board room ! :bomb:

I would have paid money to see Dirty Harry front Mary at a presser, tap him on the chest and say the immortal line " A man's got to know his limitations"- and then add -"just resign".

boardlumps62

Juniors
It might be good if Peter came back he would not be a threat to Griffin coaching Broncos plus a halfback. We still keep Head and Talau.
Would Mat Cooper be welcome back as a trainer.

FD4A2AE4-97C3-4C63-9E1B-3D17988C2609.jpeg
From the web.

A lady driver was driving three of the lads home in a Datsun very early morning and swerved to miss a cat.

The vehicle collides with a tree and is smashed up along with its occupants.

Old mate was in the passenger seat, these cars were pretty tinny and lacked even basis safety features, he didn’t stand a chance.

I can’t read it properly but he’d been unlikely to have known much about it.

There’s an award named after him in the honourable sgi tradition, I think Florence and JDB won it. The hard cores would know.

One of these rare and freak deaths of a young bloke, not his fault. It’s really f**ked.

Albert was inconsolable apparently.

She wouldn’t have been the first driver to swerve to save an animal. Happens in the country quite a bit.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I believe Griffin is conducting interviews for the assistant role this week.

Candidates are varied both in their abilities and desires to be, or once again be, a head coach.

Candidates - Henry, Brennan, Gentle, Georgallis, Cartwright.
Of these, I think, Henry, Brennan and Cartwright, may still hold head coaching ambitions, whereas Gentle and Georgallis most probably dont.

Hook has a 2yr deal (club option for a 3rd I believe) and would be looking to extend that, so stability is a must for him, plus someone he can trust to not be white-anted. I think he knows already that this is his last shot to establish himself as a 'long term' coach.

If Gentle gets the nod, then I'd also be looking at Geoegallis as the CC coach. I'm not sure where Matt Head fits in with this new coaching regime tbh.

On a side note, if this was to transpire as such, we would have 4g's in our coaching ranks:
Griffin - head coach
Gentle - assistant coach
Georgallis - CC coach
Guilfoyle - head of performance

boardlumps62

Juniors

Candidates are varied both in their abilities and desires to be, or once again be, a head coach.

Of these, I think, Henry, Brennan and Cartwright, may still hold head coaching ambitions, whereas Gentle and Georgallis most probably dont.

Hook has a 2yr deal (club option for a 3rd I believe) and would be looking to extend that, so stability is a must for him, plus someone he can trust to not be white-anted. I think he knows already that this is his last shot to establish himself as a 'long term' coach.

If Gentle gets the nod, then I'd also be looking at Geoegallis as the CC coach. I'm not sure where Matt Head fits in with this new coaching regime tbh.

On a side note, if this was to transpire as such, we would have 4g's in our coaching ranks:
Griffin - head coach
Gentle - assistant coach
Georgallis - CC coach
Whats with Mat Head and the dragons women team is he the new coach?

Dragon David

First Grade

Griffin - head coach
Gentle - assistant coach
Georgallis - CC coach
Nice observation Dragonslayer. Maybe that is how things will pan out.

Latest posts