What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

billygilmore

Juniors
Reliving late 90’s early 2000’s memories playing the Tony hawks 1+2 remakes, it was funny the kids were watching when I first booted it up and they were like wow your really good at this haha, muscle memory come flooding back, they should have seen me when I used to get stoned haha

soc123_au

Staff member
Reliving late 90’s early 2000’s memories playing the Tony hawks 1+2 remakes, it was funny the kids were watching when I first booted it up and they were like wow your really good at this haha, muscle memory come flooding back, they should have seen me when I used to get stoned haha
Ha ha, I've lost my touch it seems. Might need to punch a few cones. It's been a while...

billygilmore

Juniors
Man I was a work party last year and the youngsters cracked out the weed and I was like yeah I used smash cones back in the day.....an hour later it was night night I'm too sleepy to party now haha

Apey

Staff member
Its great. I've put in a bunch of hours already.

My only criticism is you can only do park goals once in the tour mode. Once it's done it's done for all characters, even though if you want to play another character you have to go through all the levels anyway to get the stat points. Yeah it's repetitive but that's what 100%ing Tony Hawk was all about for me.

Otherwise, it's a perfect remastering. I tried Create a Park today and it's hard to get used to initially but it's impressive what you can do with it.

billygilmore

Juniors
Its great. I've put in a bunch of hours already.

My only criticism is you can only do park goals once in the tour mode. Once it's done it's done for all characters, even though if you want to play another character you have to go through all the levels anyway to get the stat points. Yeah it's repetitive but that's what 100%ing Tony Hawk was all about for me.

Otherwise, it's a perfect remastering. I tried Create a Park today and it's hard to get used to initially but it's impressive what you can do with it.

Sweet I used to spend countless hours in create a park, bit of bummer about the character goals but probably take a while to finish anyway cause I have to keep giving the kids a go haha

simmo1

First Grade
Played through Paper Mario and the Origami King. Really enjoyed it. Dialogue has plenty of charm, and the combat, while frustrating at first, is pretty satisfying once you work it out.

nöyd

Staff member
Home test series against India, won the first test with Marnus cracking a double century, now he's backed up with twin tons in the second test, currently not out in the second innings, he must go on if the Aussies are any chance to win this one.

fZdKS15.jpg

LUtWEyL.jpg

hnILXgz.jpg

dmmPfjp.jpg

wsCICdR.jpg

nöyd

Staff member
Series tied 1-1, India won the second test by 7 wickets. Marnus's 160-odd in the second dig was sadly not enough.

India have won the toss and batted in the 3rd test at a hot Adelaide, posting 396. Australia is plodding along, and will likely struggle to post a first innings lead, however with you-know-who still at the crease and looking like he's on the glory trail again, you just never know, both he and Trav hold the key:

1hY4Zsl.jpg

kVOGPey.jpg

nöyd

Staff member
3rd Test, end of day 2, India on top.

Oz2Sn8X.jpg

Starc and Paine walk off after the last over of play.

OVqLSUh.jpg

Summary at end of day 2.

Eelementary

Post Whore
hahaa yeah HZD is one of my fav games ever

open world ones seem to be what I like so that might be why GOW hasn’t grabbed me

I played Horizon: Zero Dawn, got halfway into it, and lost interest.

Then, a few years later, I tried to get back into it - but I just can't get past the halfway point of the game. It just doesn't grab me.

But God Of War was worse - linear, and very repetitive.

abpanther

Staff member
I agree.

I got bored of it pretty quickly.

But I also got bored of Horizon: Zero Dawn, which makes me a heathen, so...

Agree

Was super hyped and I just couldn't get into it, as you said very linear and the complex runes and striking/combo trees seemed a bit forced, I don't think they got the balance right and it got repetitive very fast.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree

Was super hyped and I just couldn't get into it, as you said very linear and the complex runes and striking/combo trees seemed a bit forced, I don't think they got the balance right and it got repetitive very fast.

I agree.

It was fun, but for me, it didn't pull me in, and make me want to keep playing.

Latest posts