What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addin Fonua Blake

SAP58

Juniors
I see Hasler didn’t waste any time dropping AFB, he won’t be at the club next year so why pick him ? Better to try someone who will. Yet we still keep selecting Aitken every week since he has signed elsewhere rather than play people who will be with us next year. I don’t understand the logic ???

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes you are right and it all comes down to the way players are paid these days. I would go back to:
A modest sign on fee
A modest monthly payment - salary
A big win bonus / payment for games won each round.

For those players aged under 21, a set salary with the remainder of funds paid to a trust fund which can't be touched until the player reaches the age of 21.

Agree possum , that is the common sense approach that the NRL should set for the younger players. But unfortunately the money clubs must have all the players that they desire , leaving the less unfortunate club sweet f##k all .

In fact the clubs who finances are not on par with their more fancied rivals are left to fight over the dregs . Odd when you think about it , as the salary cap is the same for all 16 teams ?

True_Believer

Juniors
I see Hasler didn’t waste any time dropping AFB, he won’t be at the club next year so why pick him ? Better to try someone who will. Yet we still keep selecting Aitken every week since he has signed elsewhere rather than play people who will be with us next year. I don’t understand the logic ???

Who did he replace him with?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
While I’d love to see him dropped, he is not exactly burning bridges on his way out and has actually been in career best form (which is why I’m not unhappy he’s leaving, that’s as good as it gets). I do think he deserves to see out the season if fit, even though I’m not his biggest fan. I just hope JP remembers how to catch a pass with Wiliame in this week.

True_Believer

Juniors
I think Morgan Boyle. I am not a big Manly fan so dont take much notice of their sides but read he had dropped AFB.

i guess he’s not exactly dropping AFB for a debutante. If it was Boyle he’s already had exposure to NRL - 44 games total and 6 this season.

If we are talking about dropping Aitken for not being here we should also be dropping Frizz and now possibly Host.

AFB is a social misfit but he has the mongrel, size and power we need.

Hate myself for suggesting it.

Shows desperation has set in.

Mjab

Juniors
Dreamin . Players would take it to court for restraint of trade. Or watch 50 of our best players go overseas or turn to rugby.
How about at least putting in KPIs in contracts like a lot of employees
Problem is these days a lot of players want all the money and no responsibilities

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If I had to take into consideration their past crimes, I would choose AFB over Packer all day long.
Whilst violence is never a winning scenario, you’d pick beating up a woman vs beating up a man as being more acceptable?

You may want to re-think that answer.

When you add to that one occurred in a public place vs the other in the supposed safety of your own home, I really do hope you reconsider.

Latest posts