What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 V The Cowboys

The_Frog

First Grade
Depending on turn around times it may have only been one game. I'm just hoping it's not Api or Yeo. Anyone else that has missed a game we can cover imo.
Api missed round 11 vs Titans, but it was only 13 days between his appearances in rd 10 and 12. Yeo missed rd 17 (Broncos) after a pretty clear concussion followed by a 5 day turnaround and some media pressure, and again 13 days between appearances.

Naden wasn't selected for 4 games after the break, Ivan said he came back from the break not in great shape, could it be him?

Is the player involved the one that scored 4 tries on debut ?
Media was all over this.

Massive issue of a club hiding things from the governing body. It would be a big problem with massive consequences.

But not a player issue. And you have to wonder why they would.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Massive issue of a club hiding things from the governing body. It would be a big problem with massive consequences.

Assuming we hid it. Just because it wasn't made public doesn't mean we hid it.

What does saying x player slept with x staff member achieve? It has no place in public

WestyLife

First Grade
Api missed round 11 vs Titans, but it was only 13 days between his appearances in rd 10 and 12. Yeo missed rd 17 (Broncos) after a pretty clear concussion followed by a 5 day turnaround and some media pressure, and again 13 days between appearances.

Naden wasn't selected for 4 games after the break, Ivan said he came back from the break not in great shape, could it be him?

Media was all over this.

But not a player issue. And you have to wonder why they would.

Assuming we hid it. Just because it wasn't made public doesn't mean we hid it.

What does saying x player slept with x staff member achieve? It has no place in public

More responding to the hypothetical scenario of if the club did hide something. That in itself would be massive. No idea and don't plan to try and guess on the very vague rumours.

franklin2323

Immortal
More responding to the hypothetical scenario of if the club did hide something. That in itself would be massive. No idea and don't plan to try and guess on the very vague rumours.

No doubt it would but in the vague details. What is in it for the club to hide it? That is how I look at these rumours when they come out.

I guess we will find out but if it of a personal nature then even less reason why the NRL will make it public. As I said originally there is no secret in RL so sadly even if private it will come out

Well nothing has come out yet, let’s hope either nothing happened or the media haven’t been able to confirm the details.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well nothing has come out yet, let’s hope either nothing happened or the media haven’t been able to confirm the details.

I just don't see what was to gain by it. You'd only hide a Covid breach if you planned to keep the player on the field. So that is why I don't believe it rather than blindly following the club

Crashtest

Juniors

The Club released a statement about it today. Its good to see that they are taking action on it and have engaged solicitors and cyber investigators to trace the source of the false rumours.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/09/23/club-statement/

"Panthers have been made aware of false allegations circulating on social media alleging inappropriate relationships between a former staff member and current staff members.

"The allegations are untrue. Panthers have instructed their lawyers and are also retaining cyber investigators to trace the source and sharing of the allegations and to apply the full force of the law including reporting the matter to the police.

"No further comments will be made until the investigations have concluded."

The Club released a statement about it today. Its good to see that they are taking action on it and have engaged solicitors and cyber investigators to trace the source of the false rumours.

"Panthers have been made aware of false allegations circulating on social media alleging inappropriate relationships between a former staff member and current staff members.

"The allegations are untrue. Panthers have instructed their lawyers and are also retaining cyber investigators to trace the source and sharing of the allegations and to apply the full force of the law including reporting the matter to the police.

Interesting development.

Whatever is going on here it’s of concern, sounds like someone formerly involved with the club is trying to settle scores. Who that someone is I’ve got no idea.

Tronald Crump

Juniors

I am glad the club made a statement. Also glad for Blade's denial yesterday.
I thought the whole thing was shit. So is the guy on Twitter pushing it. Mis reading the play.

Jane Murray

Bench

Is this about the COVID bubble breach allegations?

Pretty much it is hard to prove but might scare people from spreading stuff in future

Not necessarily. The experts can get to the bottom of this.

Kilkenny

Coach
Social media has its place in modern society but sadly there is a lot of misinformation and in some instances malicious rumours and innuendo spread which can be damaging.

Jane Murray

Bench
Social media has its place in modern society but sadly there is a lot of misinformation and in some instances malicious rumours and innuendo spread which can be damaging.

In these times, people should realize that putting rumours, especially damaging ones, can lead to all sorts of problems. At times, people can, and do, commit suicide because of it.

Kilkenny

Coach
I should’ve been clearer. I never meant to imply something 100% happened, just that more than Gerard Condon (readingtheplay) had heard the story and it had been going around for a while.

Didn’t really need to be clearer, it is what it is. No big deal in the scheme of things. Who cares it is a non event, and as it turns out it is not something that is going to derail our season so that is the main thing.

Latest posts