What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Noise

Coach
Imagine a movie where there was an air borne virus, but the Government played the threat down and put the house on it being fizzer. Nek minute you have 200,000 deaths and no national strategy to bring it to an end.
Con Air? Cirus the Virus was a bad man
upload_2020-9-15_10-38-0.jpeg

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
At least he is honest that he reckons it's BS (unlike his fibs about the covid). Our PM and his party just pretend that they be believe in the science and will tell you with a straight face they are taking action and are the benchmark for all to follow.
A lot of other countries are more outwardly embracing it to give people the warm and fuzzies, but when you scratch the surface they are also doing f**k all.

hindy111

Post Whore
Imagine a movie where there was an air borne virus, but the Government played the threat down and put the house on it being fizzer. Nek minute you have 200,000 deaths and no national strategy to bring it to an end.

contagionposter_5959.jpg

Last movie I saw was Balls Deep.
I gave it 4 stars.
How many stars did you give this?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The very rich offer opportunity and hope to the poor that doesn't require them to adopt a secular religion. The slightly rich only offer advancement into their social class to those who bend the knee. This is Sparta.

Gronk

Staff member
The very rich offer opportunity and hope to the poor that doesn't require them to adopt a secular religion. The slightly rich only offer advancement into their social class to those who bend the knee. This is Sparta.
* based on falsehoods apparently.

Pretty sure it was @Hollywood Jesus who said we didn’t need it.

I did. We don't need it.

What does it get used for? Downloading stuff?

And don't give me the whole "OMG, now everyone works from home!" crap, because:
  • No one even mentioned this once as a reason in the past, so don't hijack a crisis to serve your politics in the past;
  • I do Teams meetings from home and they work just fine with what I've already got;
  • Work from Home will reduce over time, now.

Gronk

Staff member
I did. We don't need it.

What does it get used for? Downloading stuff?

And don't give me the whole "OMG, now everyone works from home!" crap, because:
  • No one even mentioned this once as a reason in the past, so don't hijack a crisis to serve your politics in the past;
  • I do Teams meetings from home and they work just fine with what I've already got;
  • Work from Home will reduce over time, now.

Breaking: HJ says he is happy with his dysfunctional unreliable broadband, so the government should roll back NBN 2.0. Sorry industry and future Australia. Sorry NBNCO who are for sale and won't get $5 for it.

Telstra and the big super funds have been mooted as the most likely buyers of the upgraded network should it be privatised.

FMD look at the fine print. It's user pays for the fibre connection.

The upgrade, which NBN Co will finance through borrowing from private debt markets, will give a further six million homes, or 75 per cent of premises along the fixed-line network, access to broadband speeds of up to one gigabit per second by 2023.

This includes two million eligible households that will be able to access high-speed plans by requesting an extension of the fibre network from the street to the home. A further 2.5 million households have access through upgrades to the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial network and another 1.5 million through the newer fibre-to-the-curb network.

Meanwhile the muppet from the Morrison Government is declaring it all as a nothing-to-see-her zone and definitely not a backflip.

"This is totally consistent with the approach we've followed for seven years, which is being responsive to demand and tailoring the rollout to demand."

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...to-the-home-in-3-5b-plan-20200922-p55y26.html

Delboy

First Grade
Understand you get all your info from Albo and Penny Wong, if you Would lower yourself to read Terry McCrann in today’s financial page of the Tele, he provides a sensible view on the issues with the NBN.

As it doesn’t completely endorse your view, maybe you won’t

Breaking: HJ says he is happy with his dysfunctional unreliable broadband,

I stated quite clearly that it is not unreliable - it works just fine.

The question is what do I need improvements to my home for? Teams works fine. I can access my work server just fine. Download whatever files I need just fine. It's fine, and the strain from work-from-home will decrease as people get back into offices. The only other thing that my home might need would be entertainment and the government shouldn't be paying for that.

We've had a massive increase in network demand over the last few months and I've heard very, very little around the system not being able to handle that extra demand. It's worked fine. No need to waste any more money. The government has a bunch of other things it could spend a few billion on that would actually contribute to society - increases in unemployment support post-JS, pensions, homelessness, transport, the health network...we don't need to be able to download video faster.

Latest posts