What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addin Fonua Blake

Walpole

Juniors
If I had to take into consideration their past crimes, I would choose AFB over Packer all day long.
I believe you would. What's hard to believe is that violence against women is acceptable if you're a good footy player.

Mjab

Juniors
Some of us are hoping to get someone back who has done far worse

I have stated that I dont want them back

No names mentioned

possm

Coach
I believe you would. What's hard to believe is that violence against women is acceptable if you're a good footy player.
Violence against women is not acceptable to me; having 5 kids and 5 grand kids of who 6 out of 10 are girls. But I say bring offenders with haste to the attention of the law and let those authorised to dish out punishment do their job. Those who have paid for their crime and who have not offended since, should be judged on their football talent.

With regards to AFB, we saw how Manly benefited from his talant and will now see how he goes at the Warriors. It won't surprise me to see him do well under Brown and be a key player in the Warriors engine room.

We still have a chance to snap up a wayward player with loads of football talent. In this case Pangai Jr is known to Griffin and so I would leave it to him to decide if he can be of benefit to our squad. I'd say it would be a great signing if Griffin decides to recruit him.

Welch has formally rejected a Dragnon's offer of 300k per season and I don't blame him for rejecting that low ball offer. Hopefully Griffin takes control completely at the end of this week and delivers a better pitch and offer than Millward did. I have not lost hope with regards to Welch but do believe he would now be a more difficult signing given he and his manager have rejected us recntly.

kit66

Bench
I was lamenting the other that had things gone differently ( if players knew how to behave ) we could have had AFB, Vaughan and JDB lining up with Frizell, Sims ( the 2018 version in this particular daydream ) and McInnes for the last couple of years and probably done a lot better for ourselves.
I'd take AFB back in a second but maybe the Gong isn't far enough from Sydney for him. He's exactly what we so desparately need - actually 2 of them.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Surely nobody on here believes violence against women is in anyway acceptable
No it’s definitely not, I’ve had a couple of mates like him in the past. Get 5 beers into them and they get that glint in the eye like a serial killer and you know it’s time gtfo before chaos starts. He obviously grew up around violence and it’s probably been going on for generations. I guess it’s not easy to break the cycle and not easy for those fortunate amongst us to understand but nothing seemed to have happened since, and hopefully his kids won’t grow up seeing it so can begin to break the cycle. He’s a great player that would instantly transform us but he’s gone to the Warriors now anyway so it’s a moot point.

Dragon David

First Grade
No it’s definitely not, I’ve had a couple of mates like him in the past. Get 5 beers into them and they get that glint in the eye like a serial killer and you know it’s time gtfo before chaos starts. He obviously grew up around violence and it’s probably been going on for generations. I guess it’s not easy to break the cycle and not easy for those fortunate amongst us to understand but nothing seemed to have happened since, and hopefully his kids won’t grow up seeing it so can begin to break the cycle. He’s a great player that would instantly transform us but he’s gone to the Warriors now anyway so it’s a moot point.
Any violence is deplorable and the domestic type is far too common nowadays. All it takes is for many guys who cannot handle their liquor to let loose in anger if things don't go their way. There are of course women who are just as bad.

The home is supposed to be the place of safety where everybody can relax and enjoy life with one another.

possm

Coach
So after AFB was charged, the Club should have interviewed him with a phycologist on the pannel. The Club could have gotten to the bottom of his issues and drawan up a plan for assistance/rehab.

If AFB went to court with remorse and a plan to address his violent behaviour, an order might have been put in place, as part of his punishment, to complete counselling nad be subject to a good behaviour ruling. In this way it would have demonstrated the Club's interest in AFB's wealfare and showed that they are capable of introducing positive measures to resolve the problem. Hopefully we would still have him under our wing at a much lower salary than want Manly gifted him; which I believe contributed towards him still harbouring some flaws in his character.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So after AFB was charged, the Club should have interviewed him with a phycologist on the pannel. The Club could have gotten to the bottom of his issues and drawan up a plan for assistance/rehab.

If AFB went to court with remorse and a plan to address his violent behaviour, an order might have been put in place, as part of his punishment, to complete counselling nad be subject to a good behaviour ruling. In this way it would have demonstrated the Club's interest in AFB's wealfare and showed that they are capable of introducing positive measures to resolve the problem. Hopefully we would still have him under our wing at a much lower salary than want Manly gifted him; which I believe contributed towards him still harbouring some flaws in his character.
What are your thoughts on Dane Nielsen?

Should we have used a similar approach with him?

possm

Coach
What are your thoughts on Dane Nielsen?

Should we have used a similar approach with him?
One of a long line of useless playes signed by Millward who at the first opportunity, after it was exposed to how usless he is, was happy to get rid of him.

I can say if Merrin, K Sims, Lawrie or any other poorly performing players in our squad are concerned found themselves being charged for whatever, the Club would let them go. But with good players like De Belin the club would go out of its way to support in every way it can.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
One of a long line of useless playes signed by Millward who at the first opportunity, after it was exposed to how usless he is, was happy to get rid of him.

I can say if Merrin, K Sims, Lawrie or any other poorly performing players in our squad are concerned found themselves being charged for whatever, the Club would let them go. But with good players like De Belin the club would go out of its way to support in every way it can.
^ this is the type of attitude that society is slowly coming around to changing for the better.

You shouldn’t receive special treatment if you’re a good football player.

possm

Coach
^ this is the type of attitude that society is slowly coming around to changing for the better.

You shouldn’t receive special treatment if you’re a good football player.
However, if you are the SGI coach but are from the Illawarra old boys faction, you can be caught DUI and still hold your job, even if you are supposed to show a good example to the youngsters in your charge. Why didn't they terminate Mary's contract there and then?

For goodness sakes, the club didn't even stand him down!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
However, if you are the SGI coach but are from the Illawarra old boys faction, you can be caught DUI and still hold your job, even if you are supposed to show a good example to the youngsters in your charge. Why didn't they terminate Mary's contract there and then?

For goodness sakes, the club didn't even stand him down!
You do realise that a low range DUI is in a completely different category to assaulting a female, yeah?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I believe he well and truly deserved to be sacked. If he had an alcohol problem, realised he can’t handle it and give up completely and tried to turn his life around I wouldn’t be against giving him a second chance. But if he still engages in the same things that led him down that path it means he is probably not remorseful that he actually did it and only remorseful that it affected his life. I tend to think in his case he probably hasn’t learned. Seems a ticking time bomb to me. Thankfully he’s gone to NZ so we don’t really need to debate it anyway. Great player, shit human.