What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread (18/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
Na. Not a chance. Drown is my favorite player and Moses can be great although at the moment hes struggling a tad. Holbrook has a high opinion of The Fog and I definitely value his opinion. Defensively both Parra boys are streets ahead but hes doing good things with their attack.
TBH (and I like Jamal) he didn't need to have much of a game to improve their attack. Taking pressure off Ash Taylor who simply has never been able to handle the lead half role was enough to open up Taylor's game and that alone improves the Tit's attack.

Gazzamatta

Coach
TBH (and I like Jamal) he didn't need to have much of a game to improve their attack. Taking pressure off Ash Taylor who simply has never been able to handle the lead half role was enough to open up Taylor's game and that alone improves the Tit's attack.
Maybe. I think its more to do with the coach than anything else but its great to see The Fog get some recognition and obviously play to Holbrooks plan. Its a great story not unlike Davey with our Eels.

hindy111

Post Whore
Shaun Johnson is the best attacking half. DCE is the best all-rounder.

Keary, Munster, Wighton, all quality players but they get plenty of support. They all have much easier jobs than Johnson or DCE.

Where do you put Nathan Cleary? I think you build a dynasty around him tbh.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he's not johns ... but he is cronkish
At the same age Johns wasn't yet Johns either. By the time he was the age Cleary is now he had achieved this:

66 games (36 wins including 2 from 3 in the finals)
6 Origins (4 wins)

But he was only 3 months from starring in the 1997 finals series. Is Nathan Cleary about to star in the finals? We'll sure as shit find out soon.

Cleary has achieved this:

96 games (58 wins including 3 from 6 in the finals)
5 Origins (3 wins)

Given how good Johns was, Cleary is unlikely to be as good, but I suspect he will be better than Cronk. Here's Cronk's achievements by the age of 22 years and 10 months:

33 games (17 wins including 1 from 3 finals) mostly off the bench
0 origins

strider

Post Whore
At the same age Johns wasn't yet Johns either. By the time he was the age Cleary is now he had achieved this:

66 games (36 wins including 2 from 3 in the finals)
6 Origins (4 wins)

But he was only 3 months from starring in the 1997 finals series. Is Nathan Cleary about to star in the finals? We'll sure as shit find out soon.

Cleary has achieved this:

96 games (58 wins including 3 from 6 in the finals)
5 Origins (3 wins)

Given how good Johns was, Cleary is unlikely to be as good, but I suspect he will be better than Cronk. Here's Cronk's achievements by the age of 22 years and 10 months:

33 games (17 wins including 1 from 3 finals) mostly off the bench
0 origins
sure but i think johns was well below his ceiling at this stage of the career - while cleary is tiktoking near his ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.