What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 20 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 20: Titans v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Vision

First Grade
Difference between us at our best and our worst. We are rarely at our best and our best wouldn't beat them tonight.
We've known for ages we are just making up the numbers. It'll be long after Pearce is gone we'll be in a position to have a real crack at in.
Win still possible next week then we'll fall apart again.
Interesting off season coming up I'd say. Some very tough decisions need to be made. Knights need to pull the trigger on Pearce and move in another direction regarding our halves.

Spot On

Coach
If he's carrying more than a niggle there is some hope. If not I'm comfortable saying he's done.

The coach could have rested in recent weeks but didn't.

Either AOB believes he is a gun that we must have in the side each week, even with a niggle, or he isn't injured.

He lost his eyesight 4 months ago if he thinks he's a gun.

Knight76

Juniors
Difference between us at our best and our worst. We are rarely at our best and our best wouldn't beat them tonight.
We've known for ages we are just making up the numbers. It'll be long after Pearce is gone we'll be in a position to have a real crack at in.
Win still possible next week then we'll fall apart again.

Our best would have put them to the sword tonight. And that is the saddest thing for me. We have a good team that somehow manages to look like wooden spooners going in to the finals.

Knight Vision

First Grade
It's gotta be a Newcastle culture thing and I thought AOB could fix it. But each time we perform like this I start questioning wtf our coaching staff is doing.
It only takes 1 or 2 negative people ( or lack of giving 2 f**ks ) in a team to spread like a cancer. AOB has to find out who the f**k it is and kick em to the curb. My guess is they're in the leadership group.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Souths up 24-4. I’d rather we didn’t make the finals compared to what we are gonna be on the end of next week.

Spot On

Coach
He certainly isn't a leader. That was confirmed last year, without a doubt.

Again, for all the praise Brown was given re recruitment, we have not recruited leaders.

We have none nor do we have any hard heads. Soft as butter and dumb as dog poo.

If they don't show up next week prepared to tear Souths apart physically, with and without the ball, then start tearing the roster up again.

Rodney Rude

Juniors
The players won’t give a sh*t if they miss a home semi it’s the fans that will miss out which is the real shame. Had the chance to host a finals game for the first time in 14 years which is now gone. A big FU to the loyal fans who turn up week after week to support them and that’s the thanks they get...

The toxic culture clearly still exists here with certain players thinking they are the sh*t and only need to turn up when it suits.....

Lynoman

Bench
Everything to play for and we f**king play like that.

Plus we give Souths the motivation to play for everything.

Our team has a serious attitude problem!

Old dog

Juniors
Agreed Pearce was poor but so was Obi, why with 15-20 to go didn’t he pull Pearce, Lino to 7, Mann at 6 and Randall 9 if only to see if it works, game was gone.
I believe our coach won’t make changes with Pearce, he is on top money so feels obliged to play him.
Why did we move our centres, Tuala has been very good at left so Best should have slotted in to right.
Pack/ forwards were very poor overall, Klem looked slow, Barnett was his quietest, Dan looked tired and disinterested, Guerra was off his normal game and why didn’t Jones get more time when most in front of him were going bad.
Obi needs to make decisions, he won’t change much for finals but need a serious look for 2021.
Once we had too many playing hooker now it’s a squad of utilities, ???

Spot On

Coach
Agreed Pearce was poor but so was Obi, why with 15-20 to go didn’t he pull Pearce, Lino to 7, Mann at 6 and Randall 9 if only to see if it works, game was gone.
I believe our coach won’t make changes with Pearce, he is on top money so feels obliged to play him.
Why did we move our centres, Tuala has been very good at left so Best should have slotted in to right.
Pack/ forwards were very poor overall, Klem looked slow, Barnett was his quietest, Dan looked tired and disinterested, Guerra was off his normal game and why didn’t Jones get more time when most in front of him were going bad.
Obi needs to make decisions, he won’t change much for finals but need a serious look for 2021.
Once we had too many playing hooker now it’s a squad of utilities, ???

I said Pearce would cost Brown his job..the same will happen with O'Brien if he isn't careful.

Pearce needs a MOM performance next week to repay the coach for being so f**king loyal the past 18 weeks.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Again, for all the praise Brown was given re recruitment, we have not recruited leaders.

We have none nor do we have any hard heads. Soft as butter and dumb as dog poo.
indeed. A look across the teams ahead of us on the ladder and any number of players in their teams could be Captain. On the flip side we struggle to have 1 true leader - With Guerra and Glasby gone, next year will leave a void of leadership at the club.

Besides Barny we lack any real mongrel in our pack. Klemm isnt angry enough. They're a bunch of nice fellas. We're in need of a very large slightly unhinged human in the middle.

Spot On

Coach
indeed. A look across the teams ahead of us on the ladder and any number of players in their teams could be Captain. On the flip side we struggle to have 1 true leader - With Guerra and Glasby gone, next year will leave a void of leadership at the club.

Besides Barny we lack any real mongrel in our pack. Klemm isnt angry enough. They're a bunch of nice fellas. We're in need of a very large slightly unhinged human in the middle.

.. Barnett might play with some aggression but he isn't intimidating anyone unfortunately.

macavity

Referee

Frizell.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The thing that shits me every week watching us is that we just refuse to play any creative football until we’re in the opposition’s 20m zone. We are just so predictable it is so frustrating to watch.

macavity

Referee
The thing that shits me every week watching us is that we just refuse to play any creative football until we’re in the opposition’s 20m zone. We are just so predictable it is so frustrating to watch.

we have close to if not the worst spine in the comp.

until that changes not much else will.

Knight Vision

First Grade
would be humiliating for Pearce but I totally agree. AOB should have fired a warning shot and hooked some of the "leaders" in the team.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I don’t want to make excuses but just watching the roosters now, is/was it a case of minds on next week?