What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of rumblings atm, the stoppage couldn't have come at a better time for us.

So many players fed up with lack of investment and profits being the priority, and the cause of all this being Mr Levy could end up being the casualty.

Watch this space.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
this all started about 3 weeks ago, Levy put out a press release to say we cant spend this window because we wont have UCL money, this is the same UCL money we've had for 5 or 6 years and went through 2 windows without spending a cent

before that is was cant spend because new stadium stadium, he just wont spend because he is heavily invested so he makes squillions

what has come to light in the past few weeks is mind boggling, the way he has treated players and Poch, I'm surprised Poch stayed as long as he did, he got fed up with sticking up for the club as he would never say anything bad about anyone, so many big clubs wanted Poch and Levy refused him permission to even speak to any of them, no wonder he lost interest

Eriksen is on 3 times as much at Inter than he was at Spurs, Inter ffs

Its not only players, its staff and board and Joe, Joe is not very happy and as the only one higher up the ladder then Levy, he is the only one who can make something happen

When I hear how close we came to signing certain players, Dybala for example, Levy would not pay for image rights, it wasn't much money but all was agreed and we really do suffer from having only 1 striker and he's injured a lot. Too many decisions being made purely about money and not about balancing the squad. So many other players we could have had now we are left with players running down their contract and we cant get any money for them.

Then there is JM, no one else wanted him.

We want a DoF and Levy wont pay for one as he considers that is his job and he is just a bean counter and has no footballing experience.

TruSaint

Referee
this all started about 3 weeks ago, Levy put out a press release to say we cant spend this window because we wont have UCL money, this is the same UCL money we've had for 5 or 6 years and went through 2 windows without spending a cent

before that is was cant spend because new stadium stadium, he just wont spend because he is heavily invested so he makes squillions

what has come to light in the past few weeks is mind boggling, the way he has treated players and Poch, I'm surprised Poch stayed as long as he did, he got fed up with sticking up for the club as he would never say anything bad about anyone, so many big clubs wanted Poch and Levy refused him permission to even speak to any of them, no wonder he lost interest

Eriksen is on 3 times as much at Inter than he was at Spurs, Inter ffs

Its not only players, its staff and board and Joe, Joe is not very happy and as the only one higher up the ladder then Levy, he is the only one who can make something happen

When I hear how close we came to signing certain players, Dybala for example, Levy would not pay for image rights, it wasn't much money but all was agreed and we really do suffer from having only 1 striker and he's injured a lot. Too many decisions being made purely about money and not about balancing the squad. So many other players we could have had now we are left with players running down their contract and we cant get any money for them.

Then there is JM, no one else wanted him.

We want a DoF and Levy wont pay for one as he considers that is his job and he is just a bean counter and has no footballing experience.

Thanks for that.

Something needs to change. Imagine being a CL finalist and to be left with no strikers . FMD...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There is so much more and only bits and pieces reaching the media now.

We are currently starting construction of one of the largest residential developments in Nth London so from what I have been told, Danny boy maybe managing that and the stadium as that is his field of expertise, we get a DoF and he is removed from the football side of things, if this happens we should be OK, if not expect 5 or 6 of our most seniors players to leave HK being the main one

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee Bergwijn has been a good buy, still no convinced about the special one, get a goal in front then park the bus and play anti football, just not used to seeing Spurs play that way

hellteam

First Grade
Just don't see the point in playing that way with our squad. Can't remember a game when we didn't make at least one major mistake in defence. Our attackers are much better than our defenders we need to use them

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
forget how nerve racking shoot outs are

looks like Jose dont fancy Deli Ali either and he could be off

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't get too excited just yet, I thought ManU made us look good.

Looks like Aurier is staying now as well, he was pretty good this morning.

1 piece of the puzzle to go although only looking like a 50/50 chance at this stage

Deacon

First Grade
I wouldn't get too excited just yet, I thought ManU made us look good.

Looks like Aurier is staying now as well, he was pretty good this morning.

1 piece of the puzzle to go although only looking like a 50/50 chance at this stage
I doubt it’ll happen with the window shutting, I think those kinda high scoring games for us will become the norm tbh

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
also Bale hasn't played yet, love the look of Reguilon incredible pace and skill

interestingly he was an opportunist buy for us, we were never after a new left back as we have Sess and Davies as Rose is off. Real didn't rate him and offered him to us and we jumped on the opportunity much the same situation as Bale and we're only paying a bit over a third of Bale's wages

as a result Sess has gone to Bundesliga on loan to develop, he's still only 20

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Swansea got Levied

EkdtcelX0AAtZ85

Last edited: