What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs the Final Clap

Inferno

Coach
It will be an interesting test to see how Morris gets them prepared and up for this one. This game is basically our grand final. I'd be telling the kids to rip in and leave nothing on the field.

No one expects anything of us so all the pressure is on the Raiders. Play tight and they could crack.

snout

First Grade
I reckon the roosters win it.

Parra and Penrith our is straight sets
Its the storms to lose.
Smith is gearing for a swansong and they will send him out a winner.

The roosters arent a -60 team.
They didnt throw it but they did not want to meet the storm this week so they decided to turn up and not tackle - and 'see what happens'.
They will blow penrith off the park this weekend.

Souths.
Their danger is they actually think they put 60 on the premiers.
They need to sort that mindset out real quick.

Us.
If Canberra were to lose this one...
They have better forwards.
Better halfback.
Better 5/8.
Better fullback.
Better experience.
Better captain.
I would say we have a better coach.
There is no feasible way to see how we win. We cant beat theyre reserve grade side. We couldnt hold their seconds to under 30.
We dont tackle hard.
We give penalties.
We drop too much ball.
Our halfback plays a different game to NRL2020.

But.....the beauty of sport is its a 2 horse race.
And from a spectators perspective theres no pressure - we cant win.
So can sit back, relax and watch the inevitable happen

However...the only problem is if we find ourselves in a game with 20 to go. Somehow we are in front and emotionally we have been dragged into the contest and the anger stress fear and everything that comes with being a sharks supporter has surfaced.

Better if its 50 blot at halftime.

Version IV

Juniors
But if we win just maybe we win I ask who gives the Raiders the clap Ennis did last time.
But who would give them the clap this time I would say Ronaldo would be the one

Big Bloke

Juniors
This sounds really simple but can we get our kickoffs right? And I don't just mean receiving them, I mean taking them as well. Too many times we kick off and the opposition catch the ball on their 10 metre line rather than the in-goal. So they start their set easily on the 20 metre line or even further upfield. Am I the only one to notice this?

Version IV

Juniors
This sounds really simple but can we get our kickoffs right? And I don't just mean receiving them, I mean taking them as well. Too many times we kick off and the opposition catch the ball on their 10 metre line rather than the in-goal. So they start their set easily on the 20 metre line or even further upfield. Am I the only one to notice this?
I am sure Sticky has not sure about Bomber though

Card Shark

Immortal

BBloke, I’m afraid this is symptomatic of our play under John Morris,

I actually like him & think he will be a premiership winning coach 1 day....but.....he’s too close to the players & accepts mediocrity.

The minute he gets a hard arsed attitude to his style, somewhat in the Bellamy mould, he will be next level!

I just hope they take a swing rather than go onto the field already beaten.

Absolutely nothing to lose as everyone has written us off as having zero chance of winning.

Like many have said this is our GF so leave nothing in the tank. Tackle and run with intensity of a GF and do all the 1% better than Canberra like kick/chase etc.

We have enough class players to pull off a massive upset. Key is getting an early lead and playing from in front and playing mind games with the Raiders. Build some pressure and you never know they might just crack.

Quicksilver

Bench
Its the storms to lose.
Smith is gearing for a swansong and they will send him out a winner.

The roosters arent a -60 team.
They didnt throw it but they did not want to meet the storm this week so they decided to turn up and not tackle - and 'see what happens'.
They will blow penrith off the park this weekend.

Souths.
Their danger is they actually think they put 60 on the premiers.
They need to sort that mindset out real quick.

Us.
If Canberra were to lose this one...
They have better forwards.
Better halfback.
Better 5/8.
Better fullback.
Better experience.
Better captain.
I would say we have a better coach.
There is no feasible way to see how we win. We cant beat theyre reserve grade side. We couldnt hold their seconds to under 30.
We dont tackle hard.
We give penalties.
We drop too much ball.
Our halfback plays a different game to NRL2020.

But.....the beauty of sport is its a 2 horse race.
And from a spectators perspective theres no pressure - we cant win.
So can sit back, relax and watch the inevitable happen

However...the only problem is if we find ourselves in a game with 20 to go. Somehow we are in front and emotionally we have been dragged into the contest and the anger stress fear and everything that comes with being a sharks supporter has surfaced.

Better if its 50 blot at halftime.

Why is it that Canberra get to claim they played with a reserve grade side but we don’t?

We sat out Dugan, Ramien and Brailey. That’s on top of everyone else that was out for one reason or another. I don’t think we’ll win but our team this week is better than the team last week.

(We didn’t even have an actual hooker last week because our reserve broke in pre-season...)

Version IV

Juniors
Going into the game we are without from start of the season what we would have said is our best 3 attacking weapons all for different reasons

Xerri, Moylan, SJ

If those guys would have been playing complete different situation

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Nothing to lose..... as long as they bust their nuts trying I’ll be satisfied. If we get up in their faces and pressure the f**k out of them they may crumble. Unlikely but possible. Well know in the first 10 minutes if we’re any chance.

Card Shark

Immortal
Why is it that Canberra get to claim they played with a reserve grade side but we don’t?

We sat out Dugan, Ramien and Brailey. That’s on top of everyone else that was out for one reason or another. I don’t think we’ll win but our team this week is better than the team last week.

(We didn’t even have an actual hooker last week because our reserve broke in pre-season...)

Exactly. I said this elsewhere.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well know in the first 10 minutes if we’re any chance.

I disagree on the 10 minute thing.

We are notoriously slow starters & it usually takes us 10 minutes to get into the game.

We will need 30 to 40 to know that I reckon.

If we are down by 6 to 12 & looking ordinary after 10, I certainly wouldn’t write us off at that point.

ghoti

Bench
I disagree on the 10 minute thing.

We are notoriously slow starters & it usually takes us 10 minutes to get into the game.

We will need 30 to 40 to know that I reckon.

If we are down by 6 to 12 & looking ordinary after 10, I certainly wouldn’t write us off at that point.

Dunno the stats but I swear we've conceded in the first 5 mins almost every week. If we're less than 12 down at the 60th minute I'd give us a chance, but dunno if we have the fuel in the tank

Hooper

Juniors
Going into the game we are without from start of the season what we would have said is our best 3 attacking weapons all for different reasons

Xerri, Moylan, SJ

If those guys would have been playing complete different situation
I agree Version IV. I would only add the name of J.Moz to that list. He knows his way to the tryline as well.