What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

T-Boon

Coach
There are not many (any) people who disagree with the assertion that wrestling has been a terrible blight on the game, even coaches don't tend to defend it. They seem to be so ashamed that they don't talk about it. Which just makes it even weirder that until this year and Vlad nobody in charge of the best interests of the game has gone to war with it.

T-Boon

Coach
I believe they refer to it as 'winning the tackle'.

And when a star player proudly says we spend 80% of our practice time working on defence (am I the only one sick of hearing this?) they really mean working on wrestling. Imagine a skill player like Moses spending 80% of his time doing wrestling drills. No wonder nobody can chip chase anymore or make a line break anymore. Imagine Brett Kenny spending 80% of his time working on wrestling.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Something is definitely still wrong with out junior development systems. Just comparing the Panthers to ours and since Gould(piss off Gould haters, he is way ahead of you imbiciles, it at funny) put a broom through them and restructured everything from the ground up, they have been producing a very consistant and steady stream of NRL standard players.

We on the other hand seem to talk them up big time but then when it comes to NRL time, virtually nothing materialises. I hope that it is just a matter of being a little more patient and in one or two more seasons we will start to see some fruit bearing dividends.

Very true.
They churn them of a production line. One after the other. And quality.

But the to our club in the last 2yrs we have found Mahoney and D.Brown. Throw in Stone & Kafusi also.We also talent spotted Niaukore and Sivo. That's 6 guys in last 2yrs. If we keep that flow I am fine with that. 2-3 guys a year is a nice flow. To many and you'd either have a very inexperienced squad or just lose a heap.

I feel next year we will see 3 or 4 rookies debut. I reckon Schneider,Hughes,Hollis and Dunster are all a chance and I reckon we will have a smoke pop up from the clouds and just surprise us all.

Delboy

First Grade
The so called development for the club started 6/7 years ago when BA told Anthony Field to commence work on the U14s, the players that are coming through now are a result of the coach understanding how development works.

previous coaches paid lip service and negated the work done by Brian Smith, Smith started the JETS program which was subsequently ignored until the current coach got involved. Once Peter Nolan departed and Anthony Field took over was when the program started up again. Believe we will see a number of players come through over the next few years, Penrith Have a head start thanks to the work done by Gus, we are catching up.

T-Boon

Coach
Wrestling has been a terrible blight on the game...only because my team has been shit at it.

True, but the worst part of that is you cant even tell. Its the most important part of the game and the fan doesn't know what to look for, what are the little details that matter? Its a dirty little secret.

T-Boon

Coach
The so called development for the club started 6/7 years ago when BA told Anthony Field to commence work on the U14s, the players that are coming through now are a result of the coach understanding how development works.

previous coaches paid lip service and negated the work done by Brian Smith, Smith started the JETS program which was subsequently ignored until the current coach got involved. Once Peter Nolan departed and Anthony Field took over was when the program started up again. Believe we will see a number of players come through over the next few years, Penrith Have a head start thanks to the work done by Gus, we are catching up.

I've been hearing this for 15 years.

T-Boon

Coach
A lot of our juniors should be on show today in the Commonwealth Bank Cup at 12 noon.
Westfield Sport v Fairfield Patricians Brothers. Will Westfield rack up 100 points?

strider

Post Whore
took me a while to figure out which one he was - but looked pretty impressive when i figured it out .... he is an edge forward in league yeah?

mind you tepai was considered the worlds greatest union/league crossover when young and that didn't pan out so well

tho the video didnt have enough shitty rap music to be taken seriously tbh

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
took me a while to figure out which one he was - but looked pretty impressive when i figured it out .... he is an edge forward in league yeah?

mind you tepai was considered the worlds greatest union/league crossover when young and that didn't pan out so well

tho the video didnt have enough shitty rap music to be taken seriously tbh

He's a centre in league