What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

toomuchsoup

Juniors
The Knights away jersey is probably the worst of all the home and away jerseys this year.

It’s trash. They obviously just took the home jersey and changed the colour of some of the panels. There’s no way they’d design it from scratch to look like that. Terribly lazy

MugaB

Coach
The Knights away jersey is probably the worst of all the home and away jerseys this year.

It’s trash. They obviously just took the home jersey and changed the colour of some of the panels. There’s no way they’d design it from scratch to look like that. Terribly lazy
Not sure why they couldn't have used the 9s jersey as a template to make the away jersey, that really looks great, with the blue on top and red beneath

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Not sure why they couldn't have used the 9s jersey as a template to make the away jersey, that really looks great, with the blue on top and red beneath
Would have been a slight improvement, but the points where the panels connect are weird and don’t suit being the place where the colours change, if that makes sense?

sempmrh

Juniors
The problem with the Knights away jersey is that the O’Neills template does them no favours. The shoulder seam is basically vertical and it almost makes it look like they’re wearing aprons.

MugaB

Coach
Would have been a slight improvement, but the points where the panels connect are weird and don’t suit being the place where the colours change, if that makes sense?
Well i just mean it would be a reversal on the home jersey

isavedtheday

Juniors
It was based on the 2003 World Sevens jersey.

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

Jackson Allison

Juniors
Kiwis 2020-21 national jersey released!
120414625_335643367647902_7696676105186526314_n.jpg

MugaB

Coach
It was based on the 2003 World Sevens jersey.

View attachment 42654
They forgot the red collar and sleeve, and MOST IMPORTANTLY The NIB on the sleeve, that is the best thing they couldve done overall, i like the 2003 7s jersey there i wonder if the back is the same as the front tho, also the whole kit looks great on robbie o davis, due to the socks and shorts being the same as the home, this might have saved the current design from being total garbage this year

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They forgot the red collar and sleeve, and MOST IMPORTANTLY The NIB on the sleeve, that is the best thing they couldve done overall
I'm sure NIB would've been stoked to reduce their sponsorship to less exposure just to keep a faithful reproduction of an old jersey...

sempmrh

Juniors
Have the Knights ever had a good away jersey? Serious question. I’m looking through Google images and there’s maybe one or two decent ones but I’m not really seeing one definitively good away jersey. Is it their colours?

Reflector

Juniors
Have the Knights ever had a good away jersey? Serious question. I’m looking through Google images and there’s maybe one or two decent ones but I’m not really seeing one definitively good away jersey. Is it their colours?

Their first away jersey (2000-01) was a solid alternate, probably helped by the fact that the shorts and socks stayed the same. Having a sponsors logo that was just plain text on a white background made the transition from vertical red/ blue stripes to vertical white/ blue stripes with red trim an easy transition as well.

GAZF

First Grade
I think it is their colours; even their better designs (97 and 01 styled) look like those huge bags you buy at The Reject Shop. I reckon they're a good candidate to use silver, just so their colours don't look so stark.

MugaB

Coach
I think it is their colours; even their better designs (97 and 01 styled) look like those huge bags you buy at The Reject Shop. I reckon they're a good candidate to use silver, just so their colours don't look so stark.
Screenshot_20201006-184000_Samsung Internet.jpg
2015 nines jersey was pretty good, also saw your work on the silver away jersey you made, that would be great, perfect mixture of white and grey/silver, although keeping the home colored shorts and sock would be the goal too, otherwise too much blandness in the kit,
But my favourite part other than the silver, is the blue and red castle blocks

images.jpeg-34.jpg

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade

Roosters seem to be able to produce decent away jerseys consistently despite having very similar colours, so I don't feel like that's it.

Arguably the club has had some average home jerseys as well in the 2000s which didn't help, but to me, it's feels like they don't make any effort to adjust the design to work with the cut of the jersey or the placement of nib.

If I was to pick a good Knights away, I'd possibly pick 2012. Whilst it is a bit boring, it's at least clean and would look ok even with O'Neill's cut and nib as a sponsor (you would arguably be able to get nib to put their alternate logo on this design)
images

T-Boon

Coach
NIDS seems to be the most offensive advertiser.
They seem to insist on the ad being massive and a stupid color relative to the jersey.
I think they sell chicken.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters seem to be able to produce decent away jerseys consistently despite having very similar colours, so I don't feel like that's it.

Arguably the club has had some average home jerseys as well in the 2000s which didn't help, but to me, it's feels like they don't make any effort to adjust the design to work with the cut of the jersey or the placement of nib.

If I was to pick a good Knights away, I'd possibly pick 2012. Whilst it is a bit boring, it's at least clean and would look ok even with O'Neill's cut and nib as a sponsor (you would arguably be able to get nib to put their alternate logo on this design)
images
Strong disagree - easily mistaken for the Bulldogs home jersey on long shots.