What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS5

Zoidberg

First Grade
Missed pre-orders - by time I got a chance to look this morning a lot of Australia retailers had taken down pre-orders.

Edit: EB games are now taking pre-orders for the first shipment within 2021

I still have a stack of games I need top get through for the PS4 so I guess I'll look to get one after Christmas

Which version did you pre-order @Zoidberg? The version with the disc drive or the digital version?
I went with the disc drive. 2 reasons - I use my PS to watch blu rays and I’ll get 4K ultra discs, and because new releases are usually $20-30 cheaper on disc than digital.
I was working early this morning so was able to find time to get in early to order.
I’m the same in that I have heaps of PS4 titles to play still but I’ve never bought a console on release before so thought “why not?”.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Ive had a PS1 & PS2, an Xbox 360 & currently have an Xbox One.

I thought I absolutely hit it out of the park with the first 3... but the Xbox One came a distant 2nd to the PS4 IMO.

I didn’t buy the Xbox One though... got it free when I switched fibre providers.

I’ve absolutely hated Halo & Gears of War even going back to 360 and driving games are boring to me so Forza holds no appeal.

And I’m super jealous of PS4 owners as ive been dying to play Spider-Man since it came out and now Ghost of Tsushima has just ramped that up even more.

im thinking I’m gonna get a PS5 and then if it’s backward capable I’ll grab those 2 on PS4 first up.

I bought Spider-Man and GoT a while back but haven't played either yet. I got Sekiro (another good samurai game) with the S-M order. Again haven't played it lol. I have too many unplayed games. Sekiro is very difficult apparently too. I wish I read that before buying. I'm pretty crap at gaming so...

Pretty sure it was announced that the PS5 will play PS4 games so you're golden. I missed out on pre-orders, but my PS4 Pro isn't very old so will probably wait until some sick games for the 5 are released. The only launch games I'm interested in are Demon's Souls and Spider-Man Miles Morales. For people like you, you have the good PS4 games to look forward to playing, so a 5 might be more desirable to get asap.

axl rose

Bench
One can dream anyway..

‘Metal Gear Solid’ Remake rumored to come to PS5
https://micky.com.au/metal-gear-solid-remake-rumored-to-come-to-ps5/

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
I went to Gamesman at peakhurst both the Xbox series s and x and both versions of the PS5 sold out...

shiznit

Coach
just wait for the second round, there will be plenty
I never buy next gen straight out of the gate...

just doesn’t make much sense imo... the price will be at the most expensive it will ever be... And they usually don’t release big games early on... the first lot of games released are usually just previous generation games which are somewhat enhanced for the new console...

we don’t see any genuine next gen games for about 6months to a year... well that’s how I’ve always seen it...

Smack

Coach
I never buy next gen straight out of the gate...

just doesn’t make much sense imo... the price will be at the most expensive it will ever be... And they usually don’t release big games early on... the first lot of games released are usually just previous generation games which are somewhat enhanced for the new console...

we don’t see any genuine next gen games for about 6months to a year... well that’s how I’ve always seen it...

100% right, best to wait. My monitor isn't even 4k, but my tv is 65 inch 4k.. but I don't wanna damage it cause last time I think I f**ked it"with the xbone D:

shiznit

Coach
100% right, best to wait. My monitor isn't even 4k, but my tv is 65 inch 4k.. but I don't wanna damage it cause last time I think I f**ked it"with the xbone D:

shit seriously??

I have a 65 inch 4K TV too... and I play my Xbox one on it... can that f**k it up??

Pommy

Coach

why do you think your Xbox broke your tv?

jargan83

Coach
I've been playing my PS4 on a TV I bought in 2009! I'll probably upgrade that when I grab a next gen console.

@shiznit raises a vaild point which is one of the bigger reasons I was on the fence about getting a next gen console at launch. I got my PS4 on launch day but remember there was not a lot of games being around in the first 6-12 months.

Pommy

Coach
I've been playing my PS4 on a TV I bought in 2009! I'll probably upgrade that when I grab a next gen console.

@shiznit raises a vaild point which is one of the bigger reasons I was on the fence about getting a next gen console at launch. I got my PS4 on launch day but remember there was not a lot of games being around in the first 6-12 months.

the way I look at it you might save $50 waiting a year but you miss out on a year owning it.
Whilst most games will be for both systems for the next year I would prefer to just buy them on the system I’m going to have set up in the living room for the next 6 years.

Got the confirmation I’m getting one on launch day yesterday. Getting COD, FIFA and Assasins creed at or around lunch, all available on PS4 as well I guess.
Still be got an 86” 4K tv so hopefully it will be bit of an improvement.

jargan83

Coach
the way I look at it you might save $50 waiting a year but you miss out on a year owning it.
Whilst most games will be for both systems for the next year I would prefer to just buy them on the system I’m going to have set up in the living room for the next 6 years.

Got the confirmation I’m getting one on launch day yesterday. Getting COD, FIFA and Assasins creed at or around lunch, all available on PS4 as well I guess.
Still be got an 86” 4K tv so hopefully it will be bit of an improvement.

Congrats!

I was reading a couple of articles about how some people that actually managed to get a pre-order might miss out, if that was me I'd be pissed.

I'm sure they will be widely available early next year once a bit of the hype dies off.

Gives me time to get a new TV as well!

Generalzod

Immortal
Not only that disc copies have better sound bandwidth than digital copy...
I went with the disc drive. 2 reasons - I use my PS to watch blu rays and I’ll get 4K ultra discs, and because new releases are usually $20-30 cheaper on disc than digital.
I was working early this morning so was able to find time to get in early to order.
I’m the same in that I have heaps of PS4 titles to play still but I’ve never bought a console on release before so thought “why not?”.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm getting a free PS5, boi!

Only caveat is I have to wait until February.

I actually pre-ordered, and paid for, mine a few days ago, and a mate found out about it. He's going to pay me the money I put down on my pre-ordee, plus he will pay me cash to purchase a new one when the next units become available around February or so.

I have to wait, but a free PS5 ain't bad!

Latest posts