What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep. When Evans, Stone and I think Lane went to the middle we were f**ked. Stone gave away two set restarts in almost as many minutes . Evans lost almost every ruck he was involved in. Lanes effort on Reynolds was embarrassing.
Stone over Kaufusi lol. One prop on the bench and it was a pea hearted Evans who hasn’t given a Rats since he signed with the Cuzzie Bro’s.

Kaufusi might get a go by 2022 when he has signed with someone else.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep. When Evans, Stone and I think Lane went to the middle we were f**ked. Stone gave away two set restarts in almost as many minutes . Evans lost almost every ruck he was involved in. Lanes effort on Reynolds was embarrassing.

I don’t want to bag Lane to much as he was gassed, wasn’t lack of effort (in my opinion).

but Evans effort in the cook kick, try was terrible.

Another bench front rower signing (or edge pushing Lane to bench edge) wouId be good. Gives us Kafusi (who is getting better), Marata plus Lane / new signing. Plus Hughes with potential.

Noise

Coach
1. Missed that goal.
2. Professional foul on second grab should have got 10.
3. Moses is not the elite playmaker that some say. Don't @ me that Brown could take over because no.
4. When souths shift the ball they look like the all blacks. When we do it we look like we are just winging it.
5. Paulo and Gutho offer offence. The rest don’t.
Serious concern that 3 of our 4 spine players (and 15 of our17) don’t offer anything with the ball. Even more concerning when you look at our defensive stats over the last couple months because they don’t offer much of that either.

Joely01

Bench
Well our 7 doesn’t do a thing. All our points were when he was MIA. Even our last try Moses didn’t touch the ball at all that set. Halfback my arse.

never once disputed we need to look at getting someone else in!
But that’s Moses job he isn’t doing well, nothing to do with Drown

Happy MEel

First Grade
Interestingly, I thought our edges fared far better against what I think is the best attacking shift in the comp. To put that into perspective, we had a rookie in Dunster (min wage), Waqa ($400k Ish), Taka (possibly $200k) and Gennings (maybe $150k).

Compare that to Sivo (I reckon at least $350k), Mennings ($300k-ish), Waqa ($400k ish) and Fergo ($500k).

We are overpaying our edges massively for what they offer.

hindy111

Post Whore
control the team? That’s the halfbacks job.
The only team who has the 5/8th run the team is Keary at the roosters.
Drown isn’t suppose to run the team

Sorry, I meant in future as in next season not tonight.
Tonight Moses had to run team. He isn't capable of that. Let Brown.

Noise

Coach
Cos we overrate our players

Seriously ... almost every f**ker here said we would finish arounf 4th to 6th pre season ... and that exactly what happened ... yet theres some misguided expectation we are meant to be better than the top teams .... we just arent one of the top 4 really
Huh? Your answer to the question: why don’t other teams lose leads as often as us in semi finals is that we over rate our players?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Interestingly, I thought our edges faired far better against what I think is the best attacking shift in the comp. To put that into perspective, we had a rookie in Dunster (min wage), Waqa ($400k Ish), Taka (possibly $200k) and Gennings (maybe $150k).

Compare that to Sivo (I reckon at least $350k), Mennings ($300k-ish), Waqa ($400k ish) and Fergo ($500k).

Not sure but wonder if it was because our wingers were more mobile?

But also Taka is fairly underated defensively, yeah he is slow, but generally makes the right call / rarely misses. But yes he is beaten occasionally by speed.

Noise

Coach
Interestingly, I thought our edges fared far better against what I think is the best attacking shift in the comp. To put that into perspective, we had a rookie in Dunster (min wage), Waqa ($400k Ish), Taka (possibly $200k) and Gennings (maybe $150k).

Brad Arthur is happy with our edges

Pugzley

Sorry, mates.

We’ll return the favour to them next Saturday.

S3Ve.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
never once disputed we need to look at getting someone else in!
But that’s Moses job he isn’t doing well, nothing to do with Drown
Drowns game hasn’t developed at all this year, I seriously doubt he is getting the coaches he needs to take his game to the next level. Actually I question that for the whole squad.

Guth and Paulo were absolutely outstanding. I hope us bowing out early doesn’t cost them a chance at a Blues jumper.

Gronk

Staff member
At the ground they had stats on the screen. Souths had made a ton more metres and a ton more post contact. What was the possession %?.

84 Baby

Referee
But also Taka is fairly underated defensively, yeah he is slow, but generally makes the right call / rarely misses. But yes he is beaten occasionally by speed.
Front on he's fine cause he's bigger than his opponent.
Outside of that though he's cactus (cause he's bigger)

Latest posts