What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 PF1 - Panthers 20-16 Rabbitohs @ ANZ

Finals Week 3: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We can definitely outsmug Penrith

In fact we can start right now because Penrith ain't got shit on the 21 time Premiers. The pride of the league. The global icon, owned by Hollywood superstars extraordinary Russell Crowe

They have no chance against the quality of this team, which includes the handsomest man in the NRL

View attachment 42864

Even Cam Smith likes what he sees

Compare that genetic specimen sent by the gods to this gargoyle, wheeled out from the shit covered dirt road under the Victoria Bridge

View attachment 42865

South Sydney Murraytohs by 50
:joy:

Penruff’s smugness is quaintly cute. Like a little brother that gets his shit together every 25 years. You just tousle his scruffy hair, give him a wedgie, a cheeseburger Happymeal and a playful kick up the bum as you send him on his way back to throwing rocks off the overpass.

Souffs smugness is like a shiver looking for a spine to crawl up. Souffs are your alcoholic uncle showing off his ill-gotten, mismatched mag wheels while both of you know that he still owes you a grand from last year.

:thumbsup: I am afraid that post needs to be read out at our work party at the end of the month. They’ll love it.

mxlegend99

Referee
As I recall that game
1) LM had a shocker of a game......dropped an easy up and under with no pressure and then made a great tackle on the sideline ......and pulled the players leg into touch . The ref deemed the tackle was completed before the leg pull and LM was sin binned for 10 minutes for professional foul .
2) Roberts , was sin binned for playing player off the ball , but it was deemed that there would not have been a try , it was covered.

Souths we down players when Cleary scored his last converted try and they also scored a penalty goal off Roberts sin bin.

8 points just there ..........score was 20-12.

Also two of the panther tries off good kicks , however Souths should have covered .LM still running into fitness on one and Souths fumbled the ball on the other.

I recall that game and remember Souths could not play any worse. 20 -12

Oh yes , if Souths play a good game .......Panthers are there to be taken
If you want to break the game down why did you ignore the fact Souths second try only came after Panthers had wrapped the game up and put our bench on the field changing the defensive structure for a last minute consolation try? And how Clearys face was ballooned up putting him at his worst goal kicking display of his career. Plenty of points thrown away from his f**ked vision.

That first game is 100% irrelevant this weekend. Both teams are in better form. Both teams have different players on the field and even if all things were the same its a new game and with different stakes.

One or both teams could have a bad night. Crumble under the pressure. Pick up injuries. Have bad luck with bounce of the ball etc. Or ref could decide to call things for only one team.

I think this is a coin toss game but only because Panthers are unproven in finals (this is our first game without a safety net... Week 1 we had a second chance to remove pressure) and Souths have hit red hot form the past 3 weeks. Souths are in with a good chance. But not because of anything that happened months ago with different rosters. Preparation. Stakes etc.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
come-and-love-fkpve3.jpg
That a double arm chewer...not to mention both of the legs.
Can you pricks please leave my Mum out of this?

The_Frog

First Grade
I think this is a coin toss game but only because Panthers are unproven in finals
Just another game to these boys. Shut down the opposition attack exactly as we've been doing all season. If we can't do that, well we are pretenders.

Leaving out the Roosters, who weren't even trying to win, the Rabbitohs have conceded 24, 20, 26, 24 and 22 in recent games. This is more than enough for us to win this game.

Last edited:

yobbo84

First Grade
If you want to break the game down why did you ignore the fact Souths second try only came after Panthers had wrapped the game up and put our bench on the field changing the defensive structure for a last minute consolation try? And how Clearys face was ballooned up putting him at his worst goal kicking display of his career. Plenty of points thrown away from his f**ked vision.

That first game is 100% irrelevant this weekend. Both teams are in better form. Both teams have different players on the field and even if all things were the same its a new game and with different stakes.

One or both teams could have a bad night. Crumble under the pressure. Pick up injuries. Have bad luck with bounce of the ball etc. Or ref could decide to call things for only one team.

I think this is a coin toss game but only because Panthers are unproven in finals (this is our first game without a safety net... Week 1 we had a second chance to remove pressure) and Souths have hit red hot form the past 3 weeks. Souths are in with a good chance. But not because of anything that happened months ago with different rosters. Preparation. Stakes etc.
Yep. Forget the last game. Souths' best now is as good as Penrith's best. However, the difference between our best and our worst is massive, whereas for Penrith it's not much difference. Consistency earnt you the MP. If we're both slightly off due the pressure, Penrith will win. Souths need to be at our best to win.

yobbo84

First Grade
Just another game to these boys. Shut down the opposition attack exactly as we've been doing all season. If we can't do that, well we are pretenders.

Leaving out the Roosters, who weren't even trying to win, the Rabbitohs have conceded 24, 20, 26, 24 and 22 in recent games. This is more than enough for us to win this game.
Anyone who thinks the Roosters "weren't trying to win" clearly has zero grasp of the rivalry between our two clubs.

soc123_au

Staff member
Anyone who thinks the Roosters "weren't trying to win" clearly has zero grasp of the rivalry between our two clubs.
The Roosters certainly looked pretty committed to winning for the first 10 minutes. I get the tanking theory, but no one want's a scoreline like that against them. I think it was just one of those games where a team is absolutely blessed that everything just comes off for them. The good news as a Penrith fan is lightning rarely strikes twice in such a short time frame. I can't see Souths having everything go there way to that extent again.

Souths rely on momentum, once they have it they are freakishly talented. On the back foot though they dont have so much. I think Cleary is one of the best in the game at swinging the momentum back our way if the other team gets on top. I can see Souths having a few periods in the game that they look like getting on top, but I think we will have the tools to shut it down & grind them out of it.

Galeforce

Bench

That first game is 100% irrelevant this weekend.
Both teams are in better form. Both teams have different players on the field and even if all things were the same its a new game and with different stakes.

Yes , totally agree.

Also , my reference to round 7 Panther game, was playing down those who think Panthers will win because of their 16 wins in a row , their minor premiership. I discarded that round 7 loss for Souths , like the recent Dogs loss.

Some folks here use Panthers winning streak or Panthers beating Souths or Dogs beating Souths as to why Panthers will win easily.

Latest form counts .......and this is a Finals game . Souths to win

soc123_au

Staff member
Yes , totally agree.

Also , my reference to round 7 Panther game, was playing down those who think Panthers will win because of their 16 wins in a row , their minor premiership. I discarded that round 7 loss for Souths , like the recent Dogs loss.

Some folks here use Panthers winning streak or Panthers beating Souths or Dogs beating Souths as to why Panthers will win easily.

You spent a bit of effort trying to explain away a loss in the game you discarded.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Yes , totally agree.

Only losses you accept are a valid topic of discussion???

Galeforce

Bench
You spent a bit of effort trying to explain away a loss in the game you discarded.

Explaining that game away , was exactly why I was discarding that loss and playing down the 16 in a row for Panthers. In my mind , Souths lost that game due to poor discipline/mistakes and certainly I never felt that Souths had been outplayed by a premiership winner.

The Panthers 16 in a row sure is a great achievement for the club and highlights consistency .

However it means nothing now for this game coming.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Explaining that game away , was exactly why I was discarding that loss and playing down the 16 in a row for Panthers. In my mind , Souths lost that game due to poor discipline/mistakes and certainly I never felt that Souths had been outplayed by a premiership winner.

You'd never give a team that wins against souffs any credit, ever.

They only ever win because souffs let them, eh?

The_Frog

First Grade
That was put on hold. It was too far removed from the surrounding pattern for both sides to be used for any kind of comparison, like a huge boil on the arse of Margot Robbie. They didn't want to go to Brisbane and they didn't want to get hurt. They got the three-peat they wanted, a three-peat of defeats to be eliminated by.

The Panthers are at full and unfettered smug at the moment.

A sense of entitlement, all but factually based over most of the season.

The record shows they are one of the greatest sides ever assembled in the history of the game. Facts don’t lie.

It’s been sickening not to see this team get the same kind of platitudes as others, such as the Invincibles etc.

I can’t stand their coach, he’s a treacherous punk, but otherwise our El smug...is the real deal.

The bunnies will need their v knights form, fortunately, that’s almost a certainty with Bennett. Moreover, I’ve never seen so many footy players up for a match on the same team. A footy miracle. They are capable of anything.

The grand final won’t be able to touch this game.

I’m probably not even going to watch the gf after this.

It would be an insult to the loser of these two kick ass sides.

Last edited: