What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

forward pass

Coach
I rewatched the game today. Don’t know why but I did.

IMO This game was lost on 5 mistakes. 4 by our senior players.

1. Dunster dropping a simple pass leading to first Souths try.
2. Matterson in 2nd half leading 18- 14 loses ball when we are attacking Souths line
3. Moses missed kick at goal from easy angle.
4. Gutho just needing to ground ball in goal (it was basically on the ground) tries to pick it up. Souths try.
5. Dylan Brown intercept.

All of those are really unforgivable mistakes but I will cut Dunster some slack.

Another thing I noticed, 4 minutes into 2nd half, leading 18-8 Dylan Brown runs right and Jennings has no-one in front of him. Overlap was huge and he took the tackle. I had to watch it back because I couldn’t believe it. Pass the f**king ball Dylan !!

eel01s

Bench
No. 5 doesn't happen if we weren't desperately chasing points.

Dylan has obviously been told to back himself and run more - but now he runs 90% of the time and is getting too predictable.

You forgot the worst error - not retrieving the missed penalty kick.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

2. Matterson in 2nd half leading 18- 14 loses ball when we are attacking Souths line
4. Gutho just needing to ground ball in goal (it was basically on the ground) tries to pick it up. Souths try.

All of those are really unforgivable mistakes but I will cut Dunster some slack.

Another thing I noticed, 4 minutes into 2nd half, leading 18-8 Dylan Brown runs right and Jennings has no-one in front of him. Overlap was huge and he took the tackle. I had to watch it back because I couldn’t believe it. Pass the f**king ball Dylan !!
I’ve been saying for a while he doesn’t know when to pass and when to run. He was a halfback in the juniors surely he should know when to pass and when to run especially with an unmarked man on his outside???

He’s done it a lot this season, is it him having no vision or following the coaches instructions??? Knowing the muppet in charge I’ll go the latter.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The short kick off with 20 odd minutes to go was diabolical. Absolute panic merchants.
Yep it showed we had already given up.

We scored 3 tries in 7 mins in the first half so we showed we could crack them quite easily but we couldn’t trust our defence.

Gronk

Staff member

It does come down to moments and boils down to experience, mindfulness and ability.

I prefer to deal with these individual moments because micro management is where incremental improvement takes place. Yelling at the dressing room and holding the coach to account with an all or nothing attitude won’t work and will only cause unrealistic expectations.

As much as every coach has a use by date, unrealistic expectations by fans helps nobody. Distorted thinking styles only cause stress and anxiety. No wonder merkins are going off since Saturday. Some people are experiencing massive butt hurt.

The thing is, if you said to most fans early on that we’ll finish 3rd and go out in week 2, they would take it in a heartbeat.

strider

Post Whore

3a. No merkin in a position to get the ball after it bounced off the post

Gronk

Staff member
Stat Attack: Eliminated Eels dominate GPS categories
Author
Troy WhittakerNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 14 Oct 2020, 03:01 PM

Parramatta's season is over but they can take some solace from topping each of the three Telstra Tracker GPS data categories for week two of the finals.

Halfback Mitchell Moses covered the most distance (9.2km), centre Waqa Blake posted the top speed (34.9km/h) and fullback Clint Gutherson made the most high-speed efforts - bursts of 20km/h or more (34).

But it couldn't save the Eels from a 38-24 loss to South Sydney at Bankwest Stadium on Saturday.

Blake and Gutherson also led the speed and high-speed efforts categories in week one of the finals when Parramatta lost to Melbourne.

ttracker-1-max-distance_20201015-1.jpg

Moses and Gutherson both hit 33.5km/h against the Rabbitohs to share second place in the pace stakes behind Blake.

Roosters centre Josh Morris (33.3km/h) and South Sydney bench back-rower Jed Cartwright (32.6) completed the top five.

ttracker-2-max-speed_20201015-1.jpg

For maximum distance, Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad racked up 9km in his team's 22-18 win over the Roosters to rank second.

Canberra five-eighth Jack Wighton (8.8km), Roosters captain Boyd Cordner (8.1) and Rabbitohs fullback Corey Allan (8) completed the top five.

ttracker-3-high-speed-efforts_20201015-1.jpg

Nicoll-Klokstad was also the runner-up on the high-speed efforts leaderboard with 32, edging out teammate Jarrod Croker (31), departing Eels centre Brad Takairangi (31) and Tricolours fullback James Tedesco (29).

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/14/stat-attack-eliminated-eels-dominate-gps-categories/

TheParraboy

Staff member
Shame the GPS-Stat Attack cant clock unforced brain dead errors that gift the opposition points and field position

We will be so far out in front there as well

84 Baby

Referee

Off the top of my head, you missed:
  1. No one being able to count at the scrum before the opening try. There was an overlap before the ball was even fed.
  2. Drown overshooting his assignment on 2nd half opening try.
  3. No one running off Paulo before he got barrelled by Cook.
I won’t blast Drown too much because he’s probably used to being the only one rushing back in cover, but he just need to look up, see Cook was covered and then plugged the gap in the inside. He may still have been trampled but at least it would’ve made Knight do something.
And I think you’re harsh on Matterson’s drop. That was just one of those things where he moved just as Walker put his hand in just a position to dislodge the ball. We just needed to turn around and defend it

84 Baby

Referee
The short kick off with 20 odd minutes to go was diabolical. Absolute panic merchants.
I thought we had the height advantage there. Probably wasn’t necessary but it was a disruptive attempt that if it comes off they look like geniuses. Much like Guthos pass for the 2nd try. He could have just as easily knocked that on or thrown it forwards/over sideline, much like Jason Smith in 1999 vs Scum. But the pass came off, Genko scores and Gutho looks like a genius