What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

Gronk

Staff member
Merkins, whilst I was mowing the lawns on the weekend, I heard a merkin talk on the radio about Storm resting 11 payers for last weeks game. It got me thinking - if we rested 11 NRL players what would our team look like ? Thoughts ?

84 Baby

Referee
Merkins, whilst I was mowing the lawns on the weekend, I heard a merkin talk on the radio about Storm resting 11 payers for last weeks game. It got me thinking - if we rested 11 NRL players what would our team look like ? Thoughts ?
Gash?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon BA would still find a way to leave Salmon out. There is something fishy going on there.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

If we go by the Storm of resting their 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13 we may look something like this
1. Gutho 2. Gennings 3. Salmon 4. Heleta 5. Dunster 6. Rankin 7. Field 8. Kaufusi 9. Smith 10. RCG 11. Davey 12. Taka 13. Terepo 14. Gower 15. Alvaro 16. Stone 17. Utoikamanu

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon BA would still find a way to leave Salmon out. There is something fishy going on there.
He's not been the same since that car accident when salmon flipped
If we go by the Storm of resting their 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13 we may look something like this
1. Gutho 2. Gennings 3. Salmon 4. Heleta 5. Dunster 6. Rankin 7. Field 8. Kaufusi 9. Smith 10. RCG 11. Davey 12. Taka 13. Terepo 14. Gower 15. Alvaro 16. Stone 17. Utoikamanu

If this was to occur last round would Terapo have been available?

hindy111

Post Whore
Not sure over the years why there was so much bagging towards Peni.
One thing he did was give his all every single run. Sure he was the greatest forward we have had but a good servant to our club. And I assume the longest serving current Eel.
Best of luck Peni

T.S Quint

Coach
There was so much bagging because he was an incredibly average first grader with below average hands. Not an awful player, but he should never have been in a team’s too 17.

That being said, it’s a shame his career had to end like this and I hope everything works out for him for the future.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The DUI incident overseas pissed me off. You're getting paid six figures to play a f**king kids' game. Your actual job is to keep your shit together and not f**k up off the field. If you want the 'normal' lifestyle of a young bloke, don't be a professional athlete. You don't get the money and fame without giving something up.

T-Boon

Coach
Did anybody miss reserve grade this year?
This year confirmed for me what I already knew, that reserve grade should be got rid off and players who cant make the clubs top 25 should be playing independently of the NRL clubs in a NSW/QLD cup that isn't reserve grade.

T-Boon

Coach
Fair enough.
Personally I hate that the NRL clubs control all the talent. I'd like there to be a level where talented players aren't practicing defence/wrestling 80% of their time at training. That would be good for the game.
Regards
T Boon