What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bledisloe Cup

shiznit

Coach
If we only had a goal kicker.....

Draw was a better than expected result.
We were f**king shit!

Aussie were the better team.

Unfortunately I think we might be about to go through a rough patch.

Ian Foster is a rubbish coach... always has been.

Dave Rennie is a much, much better coach IMO.

I do think we will bounce back strong next week... probably put up a score on them...

With Beuden Barrett back and I’d say probably Caleb Clark either on the wing or at Centre.

Ioane needs a kick in the arse and to be benched for f**king that try up before half time.

I pick us to still win this year... but I think over the next cycle we are going to drop off... because fozzy sucks.

Parra

Referee
That put down looked rank in real time. Glad they pulled it up.

We have a decent kicker, we win this comfortably.

The eels had a problem with a penalty gone wrong yesterday and that now that ball off the posts again today. Enough.

blue bags

First Grade
too many opportunists tries, blown tries, gold should have Won , that kick at goal incredible
the nz ref can go off the ground, disgrace

JJ

Immortal
Obviously I'm confident that the ABs will win in Auckland, and win the series... but regardless of what happens, you ate very fortunate to have Rennie at the helm, opinions will differ, but I reckon he's close to the best NZ coach going around at the moment - my without thinking rankings are Hansen, Rennie, Schmit, Robertson... lots of people... Foster... I have no idea why Foster got our gig, smacks of Kearney getting the Warrior job... I'd love Rennie to have the All Blacks...

You've got a good one, no mistake

Meth

Staff member
Good game yesterday,

Clarke is special.

Barrett was great at the back and Mo’unga improved at 10.

Cane is playing superbly.

I am a bit over Moody tbh. And Tu’inukuafe for that matter. Really liked the look of Hodgman yesterday

shiznit

Coach
normal order has been restored

Stick with Dave Rennie... He’s a bloody good coach.

Ten times better than the clown we have.

any success we have under Ian Foster will be based squarely on talent and probably carryover from the previous regime... which is not good considering what we excel in the most is being able to evolve ahead of everyone else so we keep ahead of everyone.

that will stop soon IMO... I’m picking we will be in for some lean years coming up... SMH.

Meth

Staff member
At this stage though, there is such a deeply entrenched culture in the All Blacks that I think it might take a little more than an ordinary coach to undo that.

Generalzod

Immortal
The Australian Rugby Union needs American style purge....so inept they haven’t even posted a point yet.....Actually don’t even bother turning up next year just automatically give the trophy to the All Blacks...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This team needs an enema.

53406374.jpg

Time for a clean out and bring in some youth.

shiznit

Coach
This team needs an enema.

53406374.jpg

Time for a clean out and bring in some youth.

they’re already pretty young... especially the backline.

I think they lack on field leadership. I wonder if it would better bringing in a new captain. Hopper can still play... although I reckon he’s a bit overrated... the way some people used to put him in the same class as Pocock and McCaw.

If I’m Rennie I’d bring in Brad Thorn to take over that pack... he’s done some bloody good work with the Red’s.

I’d then try and find an experienced 10 to help bridge the gap for the next crop coming through.

I don’t think you can throw the kid they had running around last night into the fire vs the All Blacks... they will end up another O’Connor or Beale.

they needed a 10 to take control last night... there was just far, far too many aimless kicks.

they still needed to kick it... but they needed to kick smarter.

I’d either look at bringing Foley back from Europe... or I’d have a look at NZ’s Mitre10 cup and see if there’s an Aussie eligible 10 they can pinch who has a more well rounded game.

they have talent... but they lack some of the discipline and fundamental’s to drive improvement in themselves... like they get to a Wallabies jersey and they don’t strive to get better... they peak... and they plateau.

maybe that’s because of a lack of depth... but case in point was Reiko Ioane.. f**ks up a try in the first game due to sloppyness... gets benched the following game and gives Caleb Clarke his chance.

now Clarke takes that spot with both hands and last night when Reiko got back on the field last night he was :fire::fire:.

compare that with Daugunu... was absolute rubbish last week... made some poor mistakes positionally and defensively... still talked a heap of trash this week about Caleb Clarke and he played even f**king worse last night... if he was an All Black I doubt he would have even been on the field last night... certainly wouldn’t be playing this coming weekend... let’s see if Aussie bench him... I doubt it.

I think in the end that’s the difference... the first game in Wellington was a draw... the wallabies carried on like it was a victory... the AB’s carried on like it was a loss... that’s really the difference IMO...

Meth

Staff member
compare that with Daugunu... was absolute rubbish last week... made some poor mistakes positionally and defensively... still talked a heap of trash this week about Caleb Clarke and he played even f**king worse last night... if he was an All Black I doubt he would have even been on the field last night... certainly wouldn’t be playing this coming weekend... let’s see if Aussie bench him... I doubt it.

I think in the end that’s the difference... the first game in Wellington was a draw... the wallabies carried on like it was a victory... the AB’s carried on like it was a loss... that’s really the difference IMO...

Yeah, this is pretty close to the mark. Daugunu really should be pulled up for talking at all. He had one good game. In a way, I think he personifies the Australian rugby public (not referring to people on here...more to the Aussie media etc). One good game and they're the best in the world and the era of All Black dominance and aura is over. Next week, a crash back to earth!

Best Wallaby was that second five-eighth on debut last night.

Anyway, Mo'unga brilliant! Cane and Whitelock, brilliant. Smith and Beauden, great as you'd expect. I was impressed with Lienert-Brown and Goodhue's combination again and also impressed with some of Frizell's work. I think Hodgman is better than Tu'inukuafe and would like to see him start next week.

Valheru

Coach
The wallabies team is so inept, there is literally nothing they do right.

They drop the ball, fall of tackles, don't throw lineouts in straight, the scrum is crap, they don't show patience with the ball, the recycle is slow and they don't kick in to space.

Meth

Staff member
That's a win Australia deserved this year, to be honest. Now, hopefully, it doesn't race to their heads and make them think they are better than they are. That win should make them more disappointed- the cup was there to be taken if they could have played like they have shown they were capable of consistently.

The cards were cards. At least. the red cards were cards. Maybe not red cards, but they were cards at least. I didn't really rate Scott Barrett's yellow, but it was cynical and dumb and ill disciplined.

The ref was awful, but equally, to both sides.

It was a good opportunity to try a few things and I think a few things are clearer after the game.

Beauden, to me, is better at 15. Not 10. He looked like he'd forgotten how to play there. So, Mo'unga is our 10 now, thanks.

Reece wasn't great, but he hasn't had much Rugby. Would like to see him given another chance next week.

Laumape is a damaging player, but he makes our midfield too volatile. Much prefer Goodhue's work there of late, in partnership with either Lienert-Brown or Ioane.

Perenara is just a massive step down from Smith. I don't believe he should be in the 22 when it matters anymore.

Savea was immense. Cane, typically great. Akira Ioane looked great until he had to be replaced due to the card.

Well done Australia. Like I said, you deserved a win in this series.

Latest posts