What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Awards (club awards, Dally M, RLPA)

f29f09541db90eaafb78272276508e28

soc123_au

Staff member
A 3,2 1 system will always be biased towards a player like Jack in a team like the raiders who still win a lot. Panthers fans can always trade in the GF appearance for supporting a team of lunatics who plod it up until Jack does something instead of the good football side they support
Pretty much this. Luai brained it in the last few rounds. I'm a bit surprised Nathan didn't get anything round 19, but round 20 belonged to Luai & at least one or two of our pack deserved to feature most weeks.
Halfback of the year is nothing to be sneezed at & I'm sure playing the GF is a pretty sweet consolation prize.
Congrats to Jack & also Gutho. Both were a huge reason their teams got to where they did.

stryker

First Grade
It isn’t often you can agree with Rothfield, but he is right - the voting system needs an overhaul. There is no way Weighton was the best player in the comp this year. Cleary was the stand out by a mile. Too many times the same judge sees the same team and subconsciously favours certain players. There needs to be a better way.
If you are the member of a team who win 16 straight, it’s clear the majority of players are playing well each week. He won’t score points every week in a team like that.

The_Frog

First Grade
A 3,2 1 system will always be biased towards a player like Jack in a team like the raiders who still win a lot. Panthers fans can always trade in the GF appearance for supporting a team of lunatics who plod it up until Jack does something instead of the good football side they support
They should change it to a RLW-type system. Nathan isn't leading the Panthers forum poll by the way. Fisher-Harris is, and I bet he'd be lucky to get more than a half dozen votes. I don't know who was the best player in the NRL, but Wighton got almost all his points from round 10 on which isn't confidence inspiring. The Dally M's have been broken for years.