What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Dragons season review

redVinme

Juniors
Ben hunt polled more points than lomax for Dm's this year...

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Matthew Dufty 14

Cameron McInnes 9

Ben Hunt 5

Zac Lomax 3

Tyson Frizell 2

Old Timer

Coach
  1. The so called Gould review shown for the complete farce that it was,
  2. Despite what some people thought we missed Widdop big time.
  3. Despite what some people think we will miss Frizz big time.
  4. We have stupidly persevered with a reduced squad for 2 years and still persist with that philosophy with no certainty
  5. Big name, big money players continually fall well short of expectations
  6. 3 young guns finally get a shot in the top grade and clearly show they should have been there well before then
  7. Football staff clean out presents the club, players & fan base with hope of salvaging our future
  8. Patience is now required in respect of our younger players performances in the top grade as they have been basically ignored and poorly treated for too long.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

3.Despite what some people think we will miss Frizz big time.
I haven’t seen many people say to the contrary on either of those...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well if you haven't seen many then my post of saying some is correct so what was the point you were making other than your usual efforts to stalk people or inflame a situation.

Simply put your comment added SFA.
I’m sorry you feel this way & can’t carry on a simple conversation about our team without carry on.

Anyway, to continue, if you put it to the forum I’m confident that you’ll find near total agreement that we missed Whiddop & will miss Frizz.

Your statement in your list above makes it sound like there’s a debate about it..

Old Timer

Coach
I’m sorry you feel this way & can’t carry on a simple conversation about our team without carry on.

Anyway, to continue, if you put it to the forum I’m confident that you’ll find near total agreement that we missed Whiddop & will miss Frizz.

Your statement in your list above makes it sound like there’s a debate about it..
Well if you haven't seen many then you must have seen some otherwise you would have seen none so therefore by your own account there must be some debate about it.

Just admit the simple fact you love to be pedantic or critique people to make out you know more about the posters own post and therefore my assertion about what you intentionally do stands.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well if you haven't seen many then you must have seen some otherwise you would have seen none so therefore by your own account there must be some debate about it.

Just admit the simple fact you love to be pedantic or critique people to make out you know more about the posters own post and therefore my assertion about what you intentionally do stands.
I’m unsure why you’re trying to make this personal & ruin another discussion.

I’m merely commenting that it seems strange to make a comment that people think we did better without Widdop (and next year with Friz) when clearly that isn’t a theory we’re seeing on here.

Would it make you happier if I said I agree with your other points, hence why they aren’t up for debate?

If you don’t want people to debate your lists, putting them on the Internet in a public forum is probably not the smartest place to put them.

Old Timer

Coach
I’m unsure why you’re trying to make this personal & ruin another discussion.

I’m merely commenting that it seems strange to make a comment that people think we did better without Widdop (and next year with Friz) when clearly that isn’t a theory we’re seeing on here.

Would it make you happier if I said I agree with your other points, hence why they aren’t up for debate?

If you don’t want people to debate your lists, putting them on the Internet in a public forum is probably not the smartest place to put them.
Your post is complete testimony to the fact of how true my assertions about you are.

You ignore the facts and twist the conversation to suit your own agenda against certain people.

Unless you think none have said detrimental things about Widdop & Frizz then there was absolutely no sense in your response to the points you listed.

It is very clear in this place that some think we were better off without Widdop and some that think we will be better off without Frizz even to the point some are glad about them leaving.

You have taken the typical muzby position of trying to put your opinion front and centre in an effort to discredit others opinions without comprehending or fully understanding what was actually said.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Your post is complete testimony to the fact of how true my assertions about you are.

You ignore the facts and twist the conversation to suit your own agenda against certain people.

Unless you think none have said detrimental things about Widdop & Frizz then there was absolutely no sense in your response to the points you listed.

It is very clear in this place that some think we were better off without Widdop and some that think we will be better off without Frizz even to the point some are glad about them leaving.

You have taken the typical muzby position of trying to put your opinion front and centre in an effort to discredit others opinions without comprehending or fully understanding what was actually said.
I’m sorry you feel this way.

Most, dare I say all, on here feel we would have done better this year if Widdop was here.

I can’t recall anyone saying the opposite.

Old Timer

Coach
I’m sorry you feel this way.

Most, dare I say all, on here feel we would have done better this year if Widdop was here.

I can’t recall anyone saying the opposite.
Of course you don't because it doesn't suit your narrative.

A little while ago it was "I haven't seen many" and now it's "Most, dare I say all" and a few words later it is "I can’t recall anyone" so maybe you need to make your mind up where you actually stand on the matter before you make such asinine comments as you posted initially.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
  1. The so called Gould review shown for the complete farce that it was,
  3. Despite what some people think we will miss Frizz big time.
  4. We have stupidly persevered with a reduced squad for 2 years and still persist with that philosophy with no certainty
  5. Big name, big money players continually fall well short of expectations
  6. 3 young guns finally get a shot in the top grade and clearly show they should have been there well before then
  7. Football staff clean out presents the club, players & fan base with hope of salvaging our future
  8. Patience is now required in respect of our younger players performances in the top grade as they have been basically ignored and poorly treated for too long.

Back to your post OT.

Agree 100% with 7 of your 8 points. I'm a little on the fence re: Friz.
Truth be known he will probably turn out for the Knights in a totally different game plan and mindset and be the player we hoped to have kept.
However, if he'd stayed at the Dragons (and remember his departure was announced when it looked as though Mc85 was still to be coach) he had already peaked and was actually on the decline.
Replacing him now will be difficult, no-one has stood up and said pick-me with the current roster.
For me, wull we miss him will come down to Hook and who he recruits to fill that vacancy. Hence why I'm on the fence on this one.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Of course you don't because it doesn't suit your narrative.

A little while ago it was "I haven't seen many" and now it's "Most, dare I say all" and a few words later it is "I can’t recall anyone" so maybe you need to make your mind up where you actually stand on the matter before you make such asinine comments as you posted initially.
I’m really not sure why this upsets you so much.

My position hasn’t changed.

I can’t think of anyone who said we’d have gone worse with Widdop this year.

Im not sure why you’re carrying on like a pork chop about that.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Back to your post OT.

Truth be known he will probably turn out for the Knights in a totally different game plan and mindset and be the player we hoped to have kept.
However, if he'd stayed at the Dragons (and remember his departure was announced when it looked as though Mc85 was still to be coach) he had already peaked and was actually on the decline.
Replacing him now will be difficult, no-one has stood up and said pick-me with the current roster.
For me, wull we miss him will come down to Hook and who he recruits to fill that vacancy. Hence why I'm on the fence on this one.
We’ll miss Frizell no doubt.

He’s an incumbent NSW & Australian player.

With a roster like ours, you don’t let players like that go and not feel an impact.

This Year?

Immortal
I just thought of another way for them to conduct a review.

Make them read the game day threads from every game this season.

I'm going to stop thinking now because thinking of the Dragons in 2020 gives me high blood pressure.

Old Timer

Coach
Back to your post OT.

Prior to and immediately after Widdop announced he was leaving there were all sorts of posts about him playing in a dinner suit, not marquee, never lived up to the hype, better options than him etc etc etc etc.

Frizz also has had his share of detractors prior to his announcement and of course immediately after there were even more critics as was the case with Widdop.

More than a few comments were also offered that they should leave the club immediately as they would represent no loss with some posts insinuating their hearts were no longer in it etc etc etc.

Evidently in muzby's eyes these types of posts don't amount to anything in regards to the specific statements I made in points 2 & 3.

I understand the point you make re Mc Fookknuckle and Frizz but the point still remains even for what Frizz was bringing to the table and disregarding that which he might have brought to the table under Hook his contribution will be missed.

We never saw the best of Frizz on a continuing basis but his output and contribution under bad coaching cannot be denied and in the end it will be missed next year and there can be no denying some posters are of the opinion it won't be.

As is often the case the player leaving our club is turned on by a range of posters who quickly point out the "shortcomings" of such players without acknowledging their obvious benefits.

Old Timer

Coach
Ben hunt polled more points than lomax for Dm's this year...

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Matthew Dufty 14

Cameron McInnes 9

Ben Hunt 5

Zac Lomax 3

Tyson Frizell 2
Just goes to show how poor some peoples assessments of what happens in games and what individual players bring to the game on a continuing basis actually is.

Some showy individual moments from Dufty obviously impressed some people more than the total season commitment of Mc Inness and obvious continual high energy input from Lomax.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just goes to show how poor some peoples assessments of what happens in games and what individual players bring to the game on a continuing basis actually is.

Some showy individual moments from Dufty obviously impressed some people more than the total season commitment of Mc Inness and obvious continual high energy input from Lomax.
Dufty was our top tryscorer and set up nearly twice as many tries as the next bloke on the list.

That’s a lot of impact.

More than anyone else.

Why shouldn’t he have topped our Dally M points?

Old Timer

Coach
Dufty was our top tryscorer and set up nearly twice as many tries as the next bloke on the list.

That’s a lot of impact.

More than anyone else.

Why shouldn’t he have topped our Dally M points?
Didn’t contest a lot of high balls, refused to take the line on on kick returns, let in a lot of tries, missed a lot of tackles, didn’t even attempt some tackles, caught out of position multiple times why should he?

Latest posts