What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Grand Final entertainment

Homo man69

Juniors
I remember when we use to get big acts but they seem few and far between lately. This year would of been a great opportunity to get a big act for such a crappy year. So who do we get? Amy Shark? She has 1 charted album and 2 singles in the Oz top 10. What is she going to do after those 2 songs. If your not going to get a big International act then atleast get an Aussie band/performer that has a big catalog of catchy tunes. Someone like Chisel, Powderfinger, Silverchair, Midnight oil, Ac Dc etc etc. I know half those bands are broken up but getting them back for the day. Would make it an even better event.

dogslife

Coach
The AFL used to do a grand final sprint with all the losers from the loser teams. Maybe we can adapt it, make it funky and cool for the kids.

I reckon a each team picks their two dumbest players and we do a three-legged race, or an egg and spoon relay. Imagine the entertainment that would ensue watching the likes of Josh Mcguire or Jack Wighton figuring out which one is the egg and which one is the spoon! It writes itself people!

I remember when we use to get big acts but they seem few and far between lately. This year would of been a great opportunity to get a big act for such a crappy year. So who do we get? Amy Shark? She has 1 charted album and 2 singles in the Oz top 10. What is she going to do after those 2 songs. If your not going to get a big International act then atleast get an Aussie band/performer that has a big catalog of catchy tunes. Someone like Chisel, Powderfinger, Silverchair, Midnight oil, Ac Dc etc etc. I know half those bands are broken up but getting them back for the day. Would make it an even better event.

She is probably much cheaper than any of the acts you mentioned, and when you consider that the NRL have had a significant revenue cut for this season, and can only sell 50% of the number of tickets to the GF, if you then expected a major big name band then you were being extremely un-realistic.

Even the AFL have gone low budget in terms of the bands they have for their GF this year.

People in past years question why the NRL don't get acts of the level that they do for the NFL Superbowl in the USA. Well the major difference is that ticket prices for the Superbowl factor that in with many tickets being north of US$3,000. So if you want big name bands, then expect the NRL to jack up ticket prices to pay for it.

If you don't like Amy Shark, that's cool. Personally I've never heard of her. Its just I'm tired of people not realising, year after year, that if they want a big, well known act to perform, then they will expect to be paid, and that will cause an increase in GF ticket prices as a consequence.

unforgiven

Bench
You do realise that international acts can't travel to Australia at the moment and even moving Australian acts around the country is problematic?

unforgiven

Bench
Apparently her husband works for the Titans (or at least used to if he's not still). Heard Graeme Annesley talking about her on the radio the other day. Before she became a "star" I think she used to perform at end of season functions etc...
I believe he is still there, a media manager or something and she used to work in the Titans social media department I think.

azza29

Juniors
Amy Shark not a bad choice as far as current Oz music goes. Better than picking a Channel 9 talent show contestant, or wheeling out some geriatric rocker to keep the boomers happy.

I quite enjoyed last year’s GF entertainment, especially the bonus show involving a pyro box catching fire behind the stage and some poor tech trying to put it out...