What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Awards (club awards, Dally M, RLPA)

snickers007

Juniors
Production error my arse. You write something on twitter check that it goes public or not...delete or post.

So someone clicked on a "post" button as was the case with that leaked twitter...someone did it deliberately.

I imagine the content management system that the Telegraph uses has a 'Future Live Date/Time' feature that someone forgot to activate for Buzz's article.

Additionally, their Twitter account would auto post new articles that meet a certain criteria.

No conspiracy here.

typicalfan

Coach
Honestly the fact Gutho didnt get points in Round 20 is definitely the biggest injustice. Nathan was surrounded by guys playing great footy so those points getting shared around makes sense

How was Gutho not in the top 3 players in Round 20? Not a fan of his. Nor do I think he was close to the best player this year. But based on how the scoring works he deserves to feel robbed more than anyone to be honest. Who judged that game?
Because he was rubbish round 20. Don't fall for the media bs. People laughing at Brooks getting a point over him, watch the game again, Brooks had a good game.

Stephen Durrant

Juniors
They played some ordinary football this year and suffered a fair share of injuries.
Making the prelim was an overachievement. That’s a good thing.

You say the Raiders over achieved and given the injuries they had you are probably right.

However this also is a large part of why Wighton got the award. After the injuries hit back in rd9 he really stepped up and had a massive influence on many of the games that got the Raiders to the prelim final.

soc123_au

Staff member
I’m more thinking that if he is breaking protocol after the Dally M awards (I don’t even know if that is a breach by the way), there’s a fair chance he would have been breaking them beforehand too - genuinely mean this, after everything that has happened this year, we don’t want any players missing the GF due to protocol breaches (particularly not a breach of their own) - that would be a real shitty end to the season.
I'm not sure what the protocol is once the players were done for the season. I assumed that the Origin players would still be in a bubble, but don't really know. If there was an issue, the media would have been on it like stink on shit you would think.

blue bags

First Grade
I'm not sure what the protocol is once the players were done for the season. I assumed that the Origin players would still be in a bubble, but don't really know. If there was an issue, the media would have been on it like stink on shit you would think.
big boy benny, QLD coach , MIGHT need to isolate a few weeks

no name

Coach
NRL 360 spent 15 minutes talking about Jack Wighton winning the Dally M.
Not one mention of their joint leaking the outcome to the world a couple of hours prior.
Imagine if it was nrl.com who leaked it....

stryker

First Grade
You say the Raiders over achieved and given the injuries they had you are probably right.

However this also is a large part of why Wighton got the award. After the injuries hit back in rd9 he really stepped up and had a massive influence on many of the games that got the Raiders to the prelim final.
I know. That’s why I said he was one of the best players in the comp this year.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I like having a full team of the year, but does that mean that there are no more individual positional Dally M awards?
e.g. is Gutherson the 2020 Dally M Fullback or is he just in the team of the year?
Are Staggs & Crichton joint Dally M Centres, or does only one of them have that title while the other is just in the team?

Wizardman

First Grade
I like the Raiders but my god some of their fans are total f**ktards. It is a silver lining to see their fans behaving like bitter merkins. I hope the Storm win on Sunday....makes things all fair. Storm fans tend to be ok people in general.

skeepe

Immortal
I like the Raiders but my god some of their fans are total f**ktards. It is a silver lining to see their fans behaving like bitter merkins. I hope the Storm win on Sunday....makes things all fair. Storm fans tend to be ok people in general.

If you have a problem with Raiders fans, that's on you buddy. Fine, upstanding ladies and gentlemen every last one of them.

skeepe

Immortal
Because he was rubbish round 20. Don't fall for the media bs. People laughing at Brooks getting a point over him, watch the game again, Brooks had a good game.

Indeed. Gutho was trash for a large part of the game. Here, for your entertainment, are some Eels fans quotes from that game thread.

Another early kick, FFS!!! Have had 13% of the ball in 20 mins and we kick on the 3rd.

Cut his f**king foot off.

Like what is Gutho doing?

Has he suffered a stroke?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Did Abdo even make a statement about News Ltd fcking up the awards?
The silence on the Foxleague shows was hilarious given the way they rant about anything and everything!